best headphones for flying ?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anybody have any favs for brand or model that works with all airplanes?

i've just been using the earbuds from my ipod, (they work for my notebook and usually everything else too) but i'd like to get a set of phones for better sound and noise cancelling.

oh also a question for tech geeks: I was on an international flight recently (alitalia) and the standard jack on my ipod would'nt work on the airplane port, i've never needed an adaptor before, the flight attendant didn't know why. the plane was new, like brand new, are there different standards now?

D_Horatio Nailfungus

Experimental Member
Media
There some noise cancelling buds out there....but for flying I use Skullcandy Skull Crushers. They are over the ear headphones..they are def loud, got good bass.plus they have this vibro thing in em.so bass hits, the headphones vibrate..def cool. I'd like to get the QC2 by Bose...but they are crazy expensive.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have some great Bang&Olufsen head phones but weirdly I prefer my iPod ones on a plane as they're more comfortable in my ear if I want to lean my head on a pillow or something.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Last trip I packed a pair of PXC 300 Sennheiser folding headphones. They are pretty good for a miniset. The noise canceling feature works... kinda. But then I can fall sleep on an airplane before the thing ever takes off and wake up when we get there! I don't know if they fit the airline's jack as I never listen to their muzak and rarely watch the films.

K8, you can put your head on my shoulder and dream blissfully.

xzibit9945

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have the Bose QC-2 headphones. They work pretty well. Mine were a gift. They're expensive but sometimes you can see them in credit card rewards catalogues for not too many points.

pervasiveone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Boze QC2's and a pair of 29db noise reducing earplugs (see drug store) will block out pretty much everything other than the audio and a little bit of jet whisper (babies included)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Bose still work just fine. And if I'm not in the mood for music or screaming babies they do a good job of canceling out all noise. I have the old-fashioned big ones that completely engulf my ears. Very comfortable.
I used to use a pair like that at work. Sometimes I wouldn't even have my iPod on. I just didn't want people stopping by my cubicle and bothering me. :cool: