Best kept secrets...

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
horribleperson said:
i dont know about the rest of you but when i fly to europe i fly first class on British Airways or Alitalia and ive never had a problem with the food. if you guys would stop thinking of it as a 5star meal and more like a burger from McDeath then you will be happy with what you get.

One example of a meal I complained about: the vegetarian option on a Virgin Atlantic upgrade-to-1st-class. It contained a sandwich with cucumber slices in it --- unfortunately, the cucumber had been sliced while it had a plastic wrapper on it, so there were thin pieces of plastic throughout the sandwich.

Another example: the vegan option on a British Airways standard class flight, which contained both chicken and pork, as well as animal-based gelatine.

While this might match the standards of McDeath (I have never eaten at one, so can't really say), it doesn't meet my standards of reasonable service. 5-star gourmet expectations have nothing to do with it.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rawbone8 said:
This may not rate "secret" but the best way to get a more edible meal on a major airline when you're not in first class is to insist that you have a restricted diet (such as vegetarian for example, although some might see that as a worse option :rolleyes: ) and some airlines will prepare a meal that is quite fresh — not from the usual assembly line fare.
You actually get feed a meal when you fly? The last few years, all I've only received the 'snack'.' :frown1:

10.5andproudofit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if you make more then three complaints about different things in a hotel room in most major changes in one night you can usually either get the room comp'd or a free upgrade. its policy in holiday inn

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
lapdog2001 said:
You actually get feed a meal when you fly? The last few years, all I've only received the 'snack'.' :frown1:

US based airlines don't hold a candle to the European airlines when it comes to service. This fall, I made two concert tours to Europe within a couple of weeks of each other and had the opportunity to fly a couple of different airlines and made the return leg of one trip on the US based "partner" airline of one of the German based carriers I flew. After having several very nice flights, it was like going from 1st class to cattle car. Not only did the level of ammenities change, the food changed, the service changed, EVERYTHING changed. Where I live, this airline has a major hub, so you're basically forced to fly them if you want to go anywhere, but I won't take them going to Europe again!

Stursberg

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
US based airlines don't hold a candle to the European airlines when it comes to service.

Try Maleev (sp?) Airlines, the national airline of Hungary, if possible. It has terrific service, and has a great goulash!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Here's a little-known secret, not generally known by snobs:

Redneck Airlines. You know, the big black planes with mudflaps and the "3" on the side, towing a U-Haul trailer, with the pilot who subscribes to The Southern Aviator because of the soft paper?

Ask for the 6-course meal.

It's a case of Bud.

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some people are never happy.
If, you aren't happy with the food on airplanes, you have the option of bringing aboard your own idea of 5 star cuisine.
I pay to have the airplane get me from point A to point B. Anything more that is provided is a bonus. My experience has been that the food served on airplanes has always been quite good and I am grateful to get it. And, as my mother used to say, "if you're hungry enough, you'll eat anything".

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
little secret from me...

when you check into a room, but don't have enough money to get tanked on the baby bottles of booze in the fridge...

1. drink the light booze & refill the baby bottles with water...

but what if you like the johhny walker which is darker?

2. that's where the complimetary tea bags come in...

10 points if you know my source:smile:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
vinny_spiruccino said:
little secret from me...

when you check into a room, but don't have enough money to get tanked on the baby bottles of booze in the fridge...

It's either Alcoholics Anonymous or the Betty Ford handbook.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
vinny_spiruccino said:
little secret from me...

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.