Best Meal You Have Ever Had

What is the best meal you've ever had?
The best food item?
The best dish you've ever eaten.

Share it with us all. Share the juicy details.
Pictures and descriptions of the dish referred.

I'll start.
One of my favorite top 5 dishes and favorite meals is from a place in North Carolina, US.
It is a Jamaican restaurant oddly enough.
The dish is called Cool Runnings.

4475201-1593712636-d6c0811dee40b996f41f8168e2dc8f8f.jpg

It is: Cajun chicken with mushrooms, bell peppers and fire roasted tomato in a smokey gouda chipotle queso. Served with rice, Caribbean black beans and roasted jalapeño & pineapple salsa.

It is sooooo good.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:mad:

Thank you for ruining my shitty lunch. *bears no responsibility for preparing a sad-sack, lazy bastard meal* how dare you bomb a thread with such epic and drool inspiring flavor combinations!

ETA: the irony of ya username and entree selection should not be ignored:joy:

:mad:

Thank you for ruining my shitty lunch. *bears no responsibility for preparing a sad-sack, lazy bastard meal* how dare you bomb a thread with such epic and drool inspiring flavor combinations!

ETA: the irony of ya username and entree selection should not be ignored:joy:

You have not lived until you've had smokey gouda chipotle queso!!!

Reactions: MickeyLee

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, some years ago my American friend took myself and my flatmate out to dinner to say thanks for something. My American friend took us to a restaurant called Sketch, which is in London, just off Regents Street.

It was the kinda place where they changed the silver cutlery in between every course and after we'd ordered the first thing that came out from the kitchen was a selection of 8 "amuse bouche", to "open the palette, complements of the chef."

Anyway, we were waiting for the starters when the wine waiter came by with a mahoosive Bible-sized wine list. When faced with a seemingly infinite choice my American friend airily asked the waiter to, "Please guide my selection."

The meal and the wine came - and it was a perfect, exquisite combination.

Everything was marvellous... right up until the bill appeared. The food was £600 for the 3 of us, which wasn't unexpected bu that wine, the wine that went soooo well with everyone's meal, that was £1,700.

:eek:

My American friend paled slightly but paid anyway.

I remember sitting on the toilet the following morning thinking, This is the most expensive turd I ever shat in my life...!

:)

Reactions: BigdongSE