Best Mini-series on TV.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a different show. The one I meant is a european production with 4 or 5 episodes only, with german and english actors and Lucrezia Borgia was played by a russian girl.
The show you mean is not half as good as the european one. The european one was very...........well, let's say in Germany they show more on TV :wink:
They showed most women completely naked with full frontals, someone having their hand cut off, people murdered, the old, dying pope drinking milk from a woman's breast (of course that caused lots of discussions in german newspapers).
Here's the Trailer, unfortunately only in german:
Trailer BORGIA - YouTube

That's a coincidence, just last night I stumbled upon The Borgias 01. It was pretty good and I'll watch it again. Jeremy Irons was good as Alexander and the production values were excellent. It's not a mini-series though; it's a normal series, although the distinction between those is not so clear anymore because of the way stories continue from episode to episode. I don't think it is a German production.

Another series like a mini-series I liked was Deadwood. The characters were wonderful and the "Shakespearean" dialogue was delightful. Especially Ian McShane in the role of Al Swearinton. His soliloquies - particularly when he takes to his balcony to address his Indian head, are nothing less than a blow-job for your brain. Deadwood is some of the best TV ever created.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are two (mostly spoiler-free) clips from some classic examples. I love The Singing Detective (with Michael Gambon) and Colditz (the original series with Robert Wagner). I'm not a TV-buff, so my selection is decades out of date. Still, they remain my favourites and I recommend them.