Best Music Videos

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Chocho_Lippz, May 12, 2008.

1. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

Hey all. Recently I have been interested in music videos and am wondering if you guys would like to share your favorite music videos?

If I can be picky, I'd like to know what videos you think are
    (1) Just cool. You don't have to like the music, but the video itself is cool. Or, maybe the cinematography is just interesting or the music sounds well with the video.
    (2) Sexy. It doesn't have to be a video of people stripping or scantily clad, just something that you think is hot.
    ......... and why

Since, I am posting, I will post a couple in each category to start off (I linked a video for each song).
    (1a) Collective Soul - The World I Know - Always thought it was a neat video for a neat song. Life sucks, but sometimes the small things can make a big difference.
    (1b) Marilyn Manson - The Nobodies - I think that Marilyn Manson is a cinematographic genius. You can't help but watch his videos and not be scared, confused, grossed out, intrigued, taken back, or inspired.

(2a) Uniting Nations - Out Of Touch - Who wouldn't want to play strip poker with hot ladies as such?
    (2b) Fedde le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit - What can I say, I have a thing for the whole nurse/business attire.

2. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

3. D_Chocho_Lippz

Always a good song to listen to. Love the cars.

Nobody else wants to share? :crying:

4. dong20

Gold Member

I stumbled across this on YouTube by accident a few days back (typo in search term what can I say!). It's simultaneously interesting, irritating and almost totally incoherent - but somehow I liked it.

It reminds me of (an all too brief) happy island life a few years back - late late nights ... pretty girls ... and no worries. In terms of 'category' - medium raunchy in a style of cartoon psychedelic retro, or something.

Calabria-enur by Natasha

5. homelessmandril

Albums:
  6. Plebh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  7. homelessmandril

Albums:
  8. homelessmandril

Albums:
  9. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
  10. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

Great sexy music videos? Start with Duran Duran of course!

Girls on Film (YouTube has the uncensored version, but you have to be an adult with an account, able to log in -- try "girls on film duran duran" in the search window and choose the top result, not the live videos below it. Sexiest video ever, in my opinion.)

Hungry Like The Wolf (YouTube - "Hungry Like The Wolf" Duran Duran) -- 2nd best video of all time (IMO)

Electric Barbarella (YouTube - Electric Barbarella - duran duran) -- sick or playful? You decide. But catchy -- undeniable.

Some other great sexy videos:

Twilight Zone - Golden Earring (YouTube - Golden earring - Twilight zone) -- my vote for best music video of all time. So many iconic scenes, including dancing girls with hypodermics!

practically anything by ZZ Top from 1983 to 1990. Good examples:
    Gimme All Your Lovin' (YouTube - ZZ Top - "Gimme All Your Lovin'" Music Video)
    Sharp Dressed Man (YouTube - ZZ Top-Sharp Dressed Man)
    Legs (YouTube - ZZ Top: "Legs") -- the girl in white, with the black cap, is possibly the best-looking female in any music video ever

There are of course many classic others -- women often cite Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" and that video by D'Angelo that pans up and down his torso. Not to my tastes, but maybe this will get some women posting on this thread...

Kevbo

11. D_Chocho_Lippz

Thanks for this, Dong20! This video was pretty hot! It is the spanish version (or something) of Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria, which is another very hot video...

12. D_Chocho_Lippz

I just got done watching all the videos you all mentioned. It is really interesting watching all those videos. Namely because I was born in 82 and a lot of these videos were big before I ever really knew what music was - much less a music video. Likewise, the fashions too.

With that said, I liked the ZZ Top - Legs video. Anyone can be a superstar, if you want to. Or at least that's what I got out of it. That is a sweet "ZZ car" too!

More videos that I like.
    Good:
    Scatman John: Scatman, lol, I just like the song. It's simple, yet interesting.
    OK Go - Here It Goes Again, again, just a fun song and it reminds me of just going out and doing something totally silly with friends. It's like a dance video choreography for nerds, which I relate to as I am pretty nerdy myself and can't dance. LOL.

Sexy:
    Basshunter - Now You're Gone, not extremely sexy, but good looking girls. also kind of interesting song since we all go through breakups and many times our friends drag us out for some fun.
    Armand Van Helden feat. Tara McDonald - My My My, a girl of a different flavor. And, they all look pretty natural to me - which is a plus.

So as you can see, I kind of gravitate towards electronic songs too as that is one of my favorite genres.

13. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

14. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

15. D_Chocho_Lippz

Definitely. I like the water effects how they look like they are breaking on her (1:05 mark) and also the silver body paint scenes (2:30).

16. D_Chocho_Lippz

The James video... I love that type of attire...
    The Duffy video... wow, I like her voice... and she cries, and it looks pretty genuine.... sexy in an odd way.. Very touching song. Thanks!

17. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

18. D_Chocho_Lippz

You know what is funny? I haven't watched a music video on TV in..... well since like 2001. I think a lot of the new ones are just all "yeah, I got my bitches and look at all the money I have."

NIN. I've been a fan of their music. Their videos are always interesting. Trent Reznor supposedly started (sponsored or whatever) Marilyn Manson. So this may be why their videos are somewhat alike.

Cash, always love that song. Song is SO emotional.

LOL, I've heard Crazy Bitch so many times but never seen the video. See my first paragraph...

19. D_Chocho_Lippz

20. Flashy

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted