Best Pasta Dishes?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes...another food thread of course.

name some of your favorite Pasta dishes...if not a known one, or it is a "special" form a restaurant you like, describe it for us. (Lasagna does not count for these purposes...although it is absolutely delicious)

me

Rigatoni Alla Napolitana (chunky fresh tomato sauce)
Tortellini Panna (tortellini with a type of alfredo sauce)
Fusilli Alla Norcia (with sweet and hot sausage in pink tomato sauce)
Baked Ziti

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I made the Sunday Gravy just like in the Sopranos Cookbook this past Thanksgiving (pork necks, sausage, veal chops), and simmered for many hours before making it the basis of ?????

If you do the real Sunday Gravy like in the show, you can use it on several of the well-known pastas equally well, so in this case I will not infuriate the post-owner by saying that it transformed ordinary ????? into something incredible. In describing it this way, I think I have circumvented the edict legally, because Baked Ziti is not more complex than this ?????

In case I am banned from LPSG for those 2 paragraphs, I will also mention a Seafood Linguine I had at Beatrice Inn in the West Village in 1999--lots of octopus in it, and their signature dish. Also divine Veal Roundels in a Brown Sauce at Ardeche Restaurant in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1997--I can include this because it was placed on pasta, but was so savoury it didn't really need it. I once had a wonderful Scallop Linguine in a small town restaurant in Alabama, believe it or not.

I also make Penne a la Vodka a lot. I notice that I have pastas at home a lot more than at restaurants, where I usually want an entree I won't usually make myself.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Pasta with Vodka Cream sauce.

Pasta with Sand Crab and Chilli

Carbonara

Pasta with Creamy Smoked Salmon Sauce

Pasta Marinara.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Poop on Pasta - that is, Shit on a Shingle (creamed chipped beef on toast) except I replace the toast with pasta. With chopped scallions on top and lots of cracked black pepper. DEEEEEELICIOUS!

Dan Dan Noodles (OK, it's kinda pasta-like depending on where you get it). Singapore Noodles (same deal).

gagme13

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my mama makes a mean chicken cacciatore and the sauce that gets created from that is awesome on penne. lots of garlic, lots of herbs, peppers and onions, makes me want to be at home right now. paired with some good crusty italian bread and a terrifi chianti, mmm mmm great.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my mama makes a mean chicken cacciatore and the sauce that gets created from that is awesome on penne. lots of garlic, lots of herbs, peppers and onions, makes me want to be at home right now. paired with some good crusty italian bread and a terrifi chianti, mmm mmm great.

I am slobbering...

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cheese manicotti stuffed with italian sausage, topped with mushroom marinara sauce. now im hungry

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
good snack/ side dish, appetizer, whatever u wana call it

plain ziti noodles, good extra virgin olive oil, fresh (must be FRESH, REAL) basil picked right offf the plant, cherry tomatos cut in half, and feta cheese, toss it all around, serve at room remperature for max flavor, SO GOOD!