Best places in new york city to visit

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Blah blah yakkety yak, you can tell they're from NYC.

As a fellow tourist, I can tell you that just being there is special. Take time to soak it all up. Just walking around Wall St is an entertainment, being in the Grand Central Station, taking a subway ride, practicing various Eastern European languages in a cab etc etc and all the things the locals say.

And then there is the eating, bars, clubs, live music. I think I am talking myself into a visit, I'll even buy Jason grumpy pants a ticket and lunch at the World's finest collection of modern art.

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First thing to do is get a good tourist guide book before you go - something that splits Manhattan into sections so you can spend a day in each part rather than rushing all over the place.

* Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island are a must - ensure you get a monument pass to get inside the statue's pedestal before you set off on the ferry. Film the Stars & Stripes on the Liberty Island flagpole - it is a popular thing to do !

* Empire State Building - preferably early in the morning before the rest of the crowds get there - the observation deck on the 86th floor offers a good view so virtually no point in going up to the 102nd floor.

* Museums - The Met & Natural History Museums can easily take a day to get around - don't rush these to spend time in the Guggenheim unless you rate 10 old wooden doors arranged in a rough circle a 'art'.

* Ride the subway, see Grand Central Terminus, stroll around Central Park and the business district, walk along the Hudson river beside the Chelsea Piers and through Greenwich Village. Plenty of smaller parks to sit in and soak up the sun.

* Enjoy !

Blah blah yakkety yak, you can tell they're from NYC.

As a fellow tourist, I can tell you that just being there is special. Take time to soak it all up. Just walking around Wall St is an entertainment, being in the Grand Central Station, taking a subway ride, practicing various Eastern European languages in a cab etc etc and all the things the locals say.

And then there is the eating, bars, clubs, live music. I think I am talking myself into a visit, I'll even buy Jason grumpy pants a ticket and lunch at the World's finest collection of modern art.

I can't refuse that offer! It's a deal!