Best Places to Live in the World...

D

deleted15807

Most of the interior is really sparsely populated, and one doesn't have to travel far inland to find absolute peace and discover majestic wonders. Its appellation "the Golden State" is well deserved.

I know. I'm always amazed as the plane begins to descend there is nothing below you but desert. It isn't until the last 10-15 minutes that civilization appears. But northern California has me smitten far more than the south.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media

I know. I'm always amazed as the plane begins to descend there is nothing below you but desert. It isn't until the last 10-15 minutes that civilization appears. But northern California has me smitten far more than the south.

Amen on that one. God's country gets way overused, but here it seems apt. In all my travels I have found few lands more beautiful than this one. However come January, I'll take a few days at the beach on Coronado Island.

zhxhvang

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I watched a fascinating show about Curitiba a few years ago. Apparently the city models itself a "city of the future", with a super-advanced recycling program (15 years ago!), outstanding transportation and very high quality of life. It's in the south of Brazil, so the weather there is cooler and more varied than much of the rest of the country. What blew my mind was watching the nightly news out of Curitiba -- everyone on the show was blond, to the extent that my brain had trouble processing the Latin language I was hearing with the Scandinavian features of the presenters. It was like Sao Paulo meets Copenhagen.
Curitiba is truly amazing! I’m blessed to be born there, no longer live in Brazil but it’s the best place for sure In terms of safety, city development, social and ecological movements. It also won city of the year in 2023! It’s on the rise