BEST PRACTICAL tips and advice for the PERFECT dating pics and profile on apps like Hinge, Tinder, OkCupid, etc?

Merophe

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
these are really helpful!!! im taking a break from dating though...it sometimes can get a bit too much. im planning on working on myself- hit the gym more (wish me luck), maybe learn to take more pics of me, stuff like that before i put myself back on the market.

i think just want to put my best foot forward (for the algorithms) and i hate talkin about myself/taking pics of myself (cropped group pics just seem weird to me too)
good luck honey, i'm also giving up with the apps (and in real life too :sob:)

Reactions: abapl

abapl

Expert Member
Media
I'm starting back up again! Had some time to just take a break from the stress, but felt kinda lonely every night...and i dont do hookups. Went back in the apps- ugh I still hate having to create a profile! I feel like a piece of meat that needs to be sold before it spoils :joy:. Im still holding out for an organic meet cute.

Anyway, have some good dates lined up, so we'll see how this all goes. I hate to say i, but it does seem like it's all about the pics. And the writing is a distant second unless it points out any deal breakers- attracting someone with your words doesnt seem to be a thing anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Andrej_u

kjehe3

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just created a hinge profile. It's my first time properly using a dating app. I had Grindr before but i've remained anonymous and not reached out to anyone. I set my location on hinge to a different country so I could get a feel on whether people find me attractive or not without running into people I recognise. (Once I know where I stand i'm going to change back to my location). Just out of curiosity, what's a decent amount of likes on hinge in a day/week/month or whatever? I set my location to Spain and I got one like within the 1st 20 mins but that's it so far. Every profile that's coming up is a literal supermodel. Maybe it's just people who live in Spain but are hinge profiles usually models with abs, proper lighting and professional photos? lmfao. The people I see on Grindr are like polar opposites to these guys I'm seeing on hinge.

Reactions: abapl

abapl

Expert Member
Media
I just created a hinge profile. It's my first time properly using a dating app. I had Grindr before but i've remained anonymous and not reached out to anyone. I set my location on hinge to a different country so I could get a feel on whether people find me attractive or not without running into people I recognise. (Once I know where I stand i'm going to change back to my location). Just out of curiosity, what's a decent amount of likes on hinge in a day/week/month or whatever? I set my location to Spain and I got one like within the 1st 20 mins but that's it so far. Every profile that's coming up is a literal supermodel. Maybe it's just people who live in Spain but are hinge profiles usually models with abs, proper lighting and professional photos? lmfao. The people I see on Grindr are like polar opposites to these guys I'm seeing on hinge.
I hear you...so how's the experience going so far?

abapl

Expert Member
Media
Ive been going on dates, and it's going okay...not too bad? But I just dont understand why ppl dont respond to msgs if they match on hinge, tinder, etc? Or if they do, they stop responding after a certain point in time, or they just give you one word responses.

I matched with someone, and we had awesome conversations. But when we arranged to meet up, no response. I hate this, and the single word responses. Don't string me along. With the lack of responses and quality conversations, do ppl know theyre being rude? For those ppl that have done it, why are you like this? Is this the dating reality, that ppl just suck?

abapl

Expert Member
Media
Ive been going on dates, and it's going okay...not too bad? But I just dont understand why ppl dont respond to msgs if they match on hinge, tinder, etc? Or if they do, they stop responding after a certain point in time, or they just give you one word responses.

I matched with someone, and we had awesome conversations. But when we arranged to meet up, no response. I hate this, and the single word responses. Don't string me along. With the lack of responses and quality conversations, do ppl know theyre being rude? For those ppl that have done it, why are you like this? Is this the dating reality, that ppl just suck?
ghosting- no matter where you are in a relationship, from just starting out to multiple dates, is psychopathic/sociopathic.