Best running underwear

santaclaus

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok so I'm im over averagely endowed and i just starting running recently in boxers. I know bad idea cause it hurts...But does anyone have any suggestions for the best kind of underwear or like compression shorts for running?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As much as I despised them in my youth I am more and more using a jockstrap to work out in. I used to wear a size smaller boxer brief under my shorts for support but the newer jocks don't seem to pinch and bind like I remember (however hardons in jocks...ugh).

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Dear Santa,
I was very good last year. Why didn't I get BiItalianBro or NCBear wearing a new jockstrap in my stocking? I promised to only be naughty with them.
Your friend who has the antidote to the slow killing bacteria.
hootie

hungtoomuch

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Recently bought a pair of Jockey, mesh w/pouch. Absolutely awesome underwear. They are a blend of polyester and spandex. The sides and back are a tight woven mesh but the crotch and pouch are solid fabric, really holds everything in place but when you run, you get the feel of the smooth spndex against your package with the little bit of sliding that it causes. Not bad priced either, I bought mine at Macy's for $20.00/package of 2. Give em a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The new jocks are made with softer fabric and weaker elastic in the pouches, and straps. They won't last for 5 years but they are a lot more comfortable.

have to agree competely, when I was (much much) younger, I swear they were made of barbed wire- no 'give' at ALL, and the pouch snapped TIGHT...

but now, actually comfortable (as much as you CAN be but...)

crv

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have you tried just a good pair of running shorts with the built in liner? The liner material is designed to wick away moisture. It's not a lot of support, but should be better than boxers. I find this to be the most comfortable approach, and I run about 20 miles in the typical week.

Hansalami

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The liner material is designed to wick away moisture. It's not a lot of support, but should be better than boxers.
There's no support at all from the liner! Mine whips out right away. I can't use them without underwear or getting caught by the police. :rolleyes:

I don't understand where the lining is for.

I use tight briefs and a pair of hugging (non elastic) strings to hold everything together. I don't like things to flop around when I'm running.:smile:

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'm no hardcore runner (I just use treadmills) but I second the sentiments of the person who recommended the UnderArmour BoxerJock. I wear these for all kinds of activities (hiking, cycling, weightlifting, cross-country skiing, etc.) and they are great. They're 5-10 percent lycra so they give a hint of compression and support without the full genitalia-crushing treatment that I have found with actual compression shorts.

You can easily find them at major sporting goods stores: Dick's, Modell's, Sports Authority, etc.

The BoxerJock comes in 2-3 different leg lengths; I personally prefer the longer ones, just to minimize riding up the thighs.

Steve

dickbeater27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I run cross-country and track and all i ever run in is the regular running shorts with the built in liner. They hold pretty well in my experience as long as you buy the right size. I've only ever had floppin out problems a few times but it wasn't anything serious. Some guys on the team wear compression shorts but i think that they are uncomfortable.