Best running underwear

B_ScottWilliamsonOC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok so I'm im over averagely endowed and i just starting running recently in boxers. I know bad idea cause it hurts...But does anyone have any suggestions for the best kind of underwear or like compression shorts for running?

Some type of compression underwear.. not cotton!

tgw

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Boxers???? No way I could do that.

I used to run in regular athletic shorts with briefs on but I have switched over to running shorts with the built in liner and it works great. Not all running shorts are the super short kind either, contrary to what a lot of people think. Make sure you get the right size so that everything firmly stays in place.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I run cross-country and track and all i ever run in is the regular running shorts with the built in liner. They hold pretty well in my experience as long as you buy the right size. I've only ever had floppin out problems a few times but it wasn't anything serious. Some guys on the team wear compression shorts but i think that they are uncomfortable.

I don't like compression shorts its just too much material and I think it looks terrible when the compression shorts are longer than the running shorts.

I recently got a new pair of running shorts that I just love, the key is to get the right size so the inner liner is not too big, at one point I had bought a bunch of size L but these the liner was totally useless but with the M it fits just right with just the right amount of support.

When I go running on a daily basis I wear briefs or a jock strap.

I got some swimmers jocks since in normal running shorts if your running without a shirt you would be able to see the waistband which isn't a very cool look. Its definitely a hot feeling to have your ass hangout, but with the built in liner, and jock it all feels a bit too restrictive.

The new jocks are made with softer fabric and weaker elastic in the pouches, and straps. They won't last for 5 years but they are a lot more comfortable.

yea i recently got a new bike cup jock that is made of a much softer fabric than my previous one, so I can actually wear a cup if I want to.

I don't know how the manufactures expected cut guys to wear the old fashioned jocks, as the material just always irritated my head too much and i'm only partially cut, I can't imagine being fully exposed in one of those things, I man there probably fine for uncut guys since they don't have sensitive skin exposed to rubbing on the fabric.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok so I'm im over averagely endowed and i just starting running recently in boxers. I know bad idea cause it hurts...But does anyone have any suggestions for the best kind of underwear or like compression shorts for running?

I'm as endowed as most anyone and most likely run faster than anyone on here and the nylon lining in running shorts works for me. If I want to show it off I wear compression shorts.

FastErik1973

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I run with under armour which I got a roadrunnersports.com they fit and feel great and look sexy too. I have done 8 marathons with a best time of 2:58.

Last edited:

gballs

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
go to a serious running store. grab 10 different pairs of shorts and head to the fitting room. try each one on and then chose the one that provides the necessary support while also feeling like a second skin. you have to try a bunch on. you have to kiss a bunch of frogs before you find your prince(ss).

thonglife

Experimental Member
Media
I've run in every style of shorts, pants and underwear. My preference is compression shorts with a thong underneath. I prefer shorts from RRS too and thongs from N2N or Ergowear. They make a nice bulge under my shorts too.

MGTuohey

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have thick legs and whenever I do a lot of running - I prefer a Jock strap. Briefs are manageable. Boxers and trunks ride up on me.