Best Sex Toys Sites/Toys Recommendations...

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am one of these women. I have admired so many glass dildos. They are so beautiful and I love the idea of having such a beautiful erotic object that I enjoy, but somehow I doubt that in reality I'll like it. I like dildos that are squishy and have some give to them, like a penis does. I don't want to spend money on something that I suspect will leave me disappointed.

Someday I know I'm going to run across a really pretty one and I won't resist and then I'll find out for sure if I like it or not. :redface:

Glass is beautiful, hard, unyielding... you can get interesting handmade pieces rather inexpensively. However, may I also suggest steel. The way it warms to one's body is amazing and you will probably be as shocked as I was feeling the heat of it. The weight is also a very different interesting feeling. Hard objects call for different play IMO. It's an entirely different experience.

I love silicone toys, and I've -wanted- to like glass toys for quite some time. It wasn't until I got a very nice glass plug that I genuinely did. You definitely have to use glass or metal in a very different manner than cyberskin, silicone, etc. Most ladies don't want their cervix actually bruised, after all. :p

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love silicone toys, and I've -wanted- to like glass toys for quite some time. It wasn't until I got a very nice glass plug that I genuinely did. You definitely have to use glass or metal in a very different manner than cyberskin, silicone, etc. Most ladies don't want their cervix actually bruised, after all. :p

Silicone toys are the cat's meow:wink: Bad Dragon opened my eyes and I've never settled for less than the best since. Cyberskin is a waste of $$$ IMO.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Glass is beautiful, hard, unyielding... you can get interesting handmade pieces rather inexpensively. However, may I also suggest steel. The way it warms to one's body is amazing and you will probably be as shocked as I was feeling the heat of it. The weight is also a very different interesting feeling. Hard objects call for different play IMO. It's an entirely different experience.

I love the idea of glass or steel, but I've never tried due to the ouch factor.

When you say "different play" for hard objects, do you mean more gently; with a different technique? :confused:

voodooyoudo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I'm not a woman, I use the toys with my wife more than she uses them with herself so I do know what works with her.

We've found that silicone is amazing. Where can I find a big silicone-based dildo? We have the Vixen (VixSkin) Outlaw, that's about 8x2", it's a great toy, but we'd like to go bigger.

Silicone toys are the cat's meow:wink: Bad Dragon opened my eyes and I've never settled for less than the best since. Cyberskin is a waste of $$$ IMO.

Eh, I was sent a free cyberskin dong to review at one point. It really does have a nice texture/amount of give, but Bad Dragon has the best feeling silicone out of every other kind I've ever touched.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love the idea of glass or steel, but I've never tried due to the ouch factor.

When you say "different play" for hard objects, do you mean more gently; with a different technique? :confused:

Silicone would have the same kind of give as a penis. Some sites will allow you to order it in different firmness, I got a medium firmness the first time which was like a floppy wang.:frown1: Fun but no where near as much fun as a hard firmness.

Steel and glass have no give. Whatever the girth is, there is no squeezing it down. For that reason these toys seem bigger to me. You can heat them up or cool them down for interesting sensations. For me personally the play is more gentle with one of these toys vs a silicone toy.

Hope that helps:smile:

Eh, I was sent a free cyberskin dong to review at one point. It really does have a nice texture/amount of give, but Bad Dragon has the best feeling silicone out of every other kind I've ever touched.

I had one along time ago that I ordered from A&E, before I really paid attention to what was safe. The outside started peeling away and it always felt sticky. It was a waste.

I agree with you on their silicone 100%, that stuff is amazing!:biggrin1: The lube is off the charts, but I stopped ordering it and switched to sliquid organics which is supposed to be the safest.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, my 16-year-old battery boyfriend just died a few weeks ago, and I already ordered another from Adam and Eve. Guess I'm not adventurous enough, but got one almost just like. A plain old regular vibrator. If it works why change?

D

deleted157868

I forgot the site that I bought it from, but when I got a toy for my GF it came in a packaging envelope and you could clearly feel the shape of it through the envelope.

Pretty embarrassing, lol.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
IME, there's a learning curve and I had issues as well when initially switching over (even stayed with my trusty "skin" products, that is, until I realized the lint battle was a scrubbing, corn-starching, time-consuming, losing effort :biggrin1:), but now I prefer that rigidity and find it extremely pleasurable...
I'd love to know more about your learning curve with glass. :smile:

Silicone would have the same kind of give as a penis. Some sites will allow you to order it in different firmness, I got a medium firmness the first time which was like a floppy wang.:frown1: Fun but no where near as much fun as a hard firmness.

Steel and glass have no give. Whatever the girth is, there is no squeezing it down. For that reason these toys seem bigger to me. You can heat them up or cool them down for interesting sensations. For me personally the play is more gentle with one of these toys vs a silicone toy.

Hope that helps...
Thanks Laidey. :hug: Hardness with warm and cold are interesting. I love the idea of temperature play. I was contemplating: Designer Sex Toys, Hot and Cold Ceramic Dildo

Well, my 16-year-old battery boyfriend just died a few weeks ago, and I already ordered another from Adam and Eve. Guess I'm not adventurous enough, but got one almost just like. A plain old regular vibrator. If it works why change?
16 year battery?! EllieP, you need to share this miracle.

D_dft6s43

Just Browsing
Media
Oddly enough, I don't think I've bought any sex toys in the last year that didn't come from Amazon... Usually I can find what I think are the better brands like njoy or LELO at a really good price.

Besides that, I much prefer purchasing in person to get a better idea of what is ending up in me. I've bought one too many things online where I open the box: :squint: and then realize this isn't going to work :eek222: or that it looked a lot better as a jpeg :laugh2:

I should start a toy box of shame. :rolleyes:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd love to know more about your learning curve with glass.

:) As Laidey mentioned, glass and metal toys require an approach that's a bit more on the gentle side. When using a softer dildo it is easier to mimic the motion (fast and deep), give, and nicely full feeling a penis offers, but with harder products it becomes more about depth and pressure.

I had to learn how to insert/position it in a place best for my anatomy and then work a specific spot (usually the posterior fornix) with either steady pressure (actually, quite firm pressure and it feels flipping fantastic) or smaller movements to achieve a very deep orgasm. If you've ever used a silicone or "skin" product and it was sort of in the right spot, but the flexibility was not allowing you to really apply pressure to the band in the very back, you might enjoy the feeling of a harder, heavy, really warm toy pushing through with authority :)biggrin:).

Again, I've found the trade-off is one loses the "fast and deep" action, but with the right anatomy and willingness to change patterns of penetration - O.M.Gee, so worth it!

My experience with glass/metal toys = no hard fucking myself, like I would with silicone or other materials that have give/not a completely rigid texture and firmness. Otherwise it hurts.. and not in a good way. I've been fucked so hard I've had blood spot that bothered me less than the pain that I've had when I was experimenting with my first glass dildo.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
:) As Laidey mentioned, glass and metal toys require an approach that's a bit more on the gentle side. When using a softer dildo it is easier to mimic the motion (fast and deep), give, and nicely full feeling a penis offers, but with harder products it becomes more about depth and pressure.

I had to learn how to insert/position it in a place best for my anatomy and then work a specific spot (usually the posterior fornix) with either steady pressure (actually, quite firm pressure and it feels flipping fantastic) or smaller movements to achieve a very deep orgasm. If you've ever used a silicone or "skin" product and it was sort of in the right spot, but the flexibility was not allowing you to really apply pressure to the band in the very back, you might enjoy the feeling of a harder, heavy, really warm toy pushing through with authority :)biggrin:).

Again, I've found the trade-off is one loses the "fast and deep" action, but with the right anatomy and willingness to change patterns of penetration - O.M.Gee, so worth it!
Pushing through with authority, such a great line. :biggrin1:

Thanks FLAG. Your description makes perfect sense. I just need to get over my fear of something that hard going near my cervix.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I've always been too lazy to play fast with toys :redface:, so hard has always been the way to go for me.

I haven't tried glass or steel ones though - mostly because they are usually missing the length I want and/or the ability to vibrate. My toys have always been rigid plastic.

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll add one more site to the mix. A Woman’s Touch -

It is based in Madison, WI and a pair of women own the place. There is a brick & mortar store in Madison as well as Milwaukee, though sadly the Milwaukee store is closing due to lack of foot traffic. The owners are great women and always ready to help recommend or provide assistance. If you are in to locally owned non-corporate stores this is a good place.