Best Shampoo And Deodorant?

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
I'm currently using head and shoulders dry scalp care 2 in 1 and mitchum triple odor defense because i'm a very sweaty and sometimes funky smelly guy. That in the past has had serious problems with dandruff. I know right. So attractive. :)

Anyway, kind of curious if there are better brands or better ways of dealing with those things. The mitchum works but i think it does so a little too well. I end up sometimes getting clumps of the stuff stuck in hairs an what not. It's harder to clean off than other stuff. Though it works amazingly well when dealing with me being funk master flex.

Was going to ask the guys of the site but remembered that throughout my life span it has always been women giving me the best recommendations on personal hygiene. And here i am.

So, what do you think is the best shampoos and deodorants out there? Are there healthier alternatives? Spells i could cast? Maybe a way to splice my dna with lampshade? Since i never see them sweat from watching movement on tv. Or am i generally on the right track?

Reactions: Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I really like It's a 10 miracle shampoo plus keratin. I think it's like 30 bucks?* They also have a conditioner (also highly recommend). It claims to be sulfate free, a big plus for me especially when I've colored my hair. It certainly doesn't strip the color. My hair feels SO soft and shiny after using it. Plus it smells great.

I only use it once a week though, due to not wanting to use store bought shampoo/conditioner more than that. These products often contain chemicals similar to floor stripper...not good. Even stuff that claims to be sulfate free, you just don't know. That's why in between washings I use baking soda/water paste to clean the hair & scalp. I would actually recommend this for you to get the clumps of product out of your hair. Just get a lil bowl, put a bit of baking soda in it, and add enough water to make a paste which you can rub into your scalp and work through your hair to the ends. Let it sit on your head a couple minutes, then rinse out. It'll feel squeaky clean.

If you want a natural conditioner, get a small cup with a little apple cider vinegar and add water. Then rub that in your hair and let set a minute or two, rinse off really well and wa-lah, super shiny hair. If a bit vinegary smelling :grinning:

* I see it's cheaper on Amazon for a smaller bottle

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
I really like It's a 10 miracle shampoo plus keratin. I think it's like 30 bucks? They also have a conditioner (also highly recommend). It claims to be sulfate free, a big plus for me especially when I've colored my hair. It certainly doesn't strip the color. My hair feels SO soft and shiny after using it. Plus it smells great.

I only use it once a week though, due to not wanting to use store bought shampoo/conditioner more than that. These products often contain chemicals similar to floor stripper...not good. Even stuff that claims to be sulfate free, you just don't know. That's why in between washings I use baking soda/water paste to clean the hair & scalp. I would actually recommend this for you to get the clumps of product out of your hair. Just get a lil bowl, put a bit of baking soda in it, and add enough water to make a paste which you can rub into your scalp and work through your hair to the ends. Let it sit on your head a couple minutes, then rinse out. It'll feel squeaky clean.

If you want a natural conditioner, get a small cup with a little apple cider vinegar and add water. Then rub that in your hair and let set a minute or two, rinse off really well and wa-lah, super shiny hair. If a bit vinegary smelling :grinning:

That helps with dandruff? Also, holy bees knees that's expensive. Oh and thanks for both the input and the heads up about sulfates. Had no idea.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That helps with dandruff? Also, holy bees knees that's expensive. Oh and thanks for both the input and the heads up about sulfates. Had no idea.

If you buy at Ulta, it's pretty pricey. On Amazon it's cheaper but I do see some reviews saying that it is not the same product. I usually get at Walgreen's for about 22-25$ (for each)

I think it's helpful for dandruff! When I have used cheap Suave shampoo/conditioner I get flakes, but not with this stuff.

One complaint about sulfate free hair stuff is that it doesn't lather very well, but I do NOT find that to be the case with it's a 10.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
If you buy at Ulta, it's pretty pricey. On Amazon it's cheaper but I do see some reviews saying that it is not the same product. I usually get at Walgreen's for about 22-25$ (for each)

I think it's helpful for dandruff! When I have used cheap Suave shampoo/conditioner I get flakes, but not with this stuff.

One complaint about sulfate free hair stuff is that it doesn't lather very well, but I do NOT find that to be the case with it's a 10.

Oh thank you. Will defo give it a try. :D

Edit: Ha, found some at the nearest target.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Is it dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis?
Greasy, sticky flakes are usually the latter.
If so, sulphates are your friend.
A 2-1 never is. Use a shampoo and a conditioner.
As for stank, look at your diet. Look at your elimination. That all starts in the gut.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Is it dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis?
Greasy, sticky flakes are usually the latter.
If so, sulphates are your friend.
A 2-1 never is. Use a shampoo and a conditioner.
As for stank, look at your diet. Look at your elimination. That all starts in the gut.

Thanks for the input. Looked it up and it's definitely not...seborrheic dermatitis though i may need something to wash out a bit of those google images. So defo dandruff. And yeah i'm a big fan of pizzas and have been since i fell off the diet wagon. Getting back into it for the new year. Thanks again though. :)

+1 to SB's recommendation to ditch the 2-in-1. Wash your scalp, condition your hair IF NEEDED. Many men don't need it.

As far as pit stank, I go through phases where I have lots of stinky perspiration.... and then it stops. I haven't found the cause, but it's become less frequent so I'm not as concerned. When it happens, I use one of the clinical strength deodorant/antiperspirants for a bit and stop when it isn't so severe. I had good results with Certain Dri antiperspirant, but you should apply at night and I shower in the morning, it sometimes burned after I shaved my pits, so it's not ideal for me. I also tried Native deodorant and it worked AMAZINGLY... but it caused an itchy rash in my pits and occasionally felt like my lymph nodes would swell. The last time I had a sweaty phase, I used Native every other day and it didn't happen.

If you have hyperhidrosis, try https://www.amazon.com/SweatBlock-A...g=4687662|n8417937e83ce4024aca13a25b10e234419 or tell your doctor. There are pills you can take for it... I never opted for those as they can affect your ability to regulate your body temperature. Seems weird to shut down parts of your body just to avoid wet shirts.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
+1 to SB's recommendation to ditch the 2-in-1. Wash your scalp, condition your hair IF NEEDED. Many men don't need it.

As far as pit stank, I go through phases where I have lots of stinky perspiration.... and then it stops. I haven't found the cause, but it's become less frequent so I'm not as concerned. When it happens, I use one of the clinical strength deodorant/antiperspirants for a bit and stop when it isn't so severe. I had good results with Certain Dri antiperspirant, but you should apply at night and I shower in the morning, it sometimes burned after I shaved my pits, so it's not ideal for me. I also tried Native deodorant and it worked AMAZINGLY... but it caused an itchy rash in my pits and occasionally felt like my lymph nodes would swell. The last time I had a sweaty phase, I used Native every other day and it didn't happen.

If you have hyperhidrosis, try https://www.amazon.com/SweatBlock-Antiperspirant-Clinical-Strength-Reduce/dp/B002PQ8BQM/?tag=dotdashvhealt-20&ascsubtag=4687662|n8417937e83ce4024aca13a25b10e234419 or tell your doctor. There are pills you can take for it... I never opted for those as they can affect your ability to regulate your body temperature. Seems weird to shut down parts of your body just to avoid wet shirts.

Didn't even know you could change you body temperature with pills in that way. Kind of mind blowing and giving me other ideas about weight gain. Thanks though. Any idea why it burned? Cause that doesn't sound good. Don't think i have hyperhidrosis though i should make a list of that when i get my next checkup.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Botox is also used for hyperhidrosis. I know a few men who get Botox for this problem.

Thanks for the input. I really really very much hope i don't have hyperhidrosis (or any of the webmd stuff said that's kind of freaking me out). It only becomes an issue when i'm active and i've stopped being as active for the holiday months. Even gained back ten pounds i lost cause grrr. So hopefully i don't need botox. Though i am seeing the need to have average doctors visits since i'm not 100% sure i don't. And i really didn't expect all this deeply informative health stuffs. So much thanks. It's funny, i'm so close to all this being a possibility that i'm damned near thinking of going to the ER. :p

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for the input. I really really very much hope i don't have hyperhidrosis (or any of the webmd stuff said that's kind of freaking me out). It only becomes an issue when i'm active and i've stopped being as active for the holiday months. Even gained back ten pounds i lost cause grrr. So hopefully i don't need botox. Though i am seeing the need to have average doctors visits since i'm not 100% sure i don't. And i really didn't expect all this deeply informative health stuffs. So much thanks. It's funny, i'm so close to all this being a possibility that i'm damned near thinking of going to the ER. :p
:joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, skip the ER, but an annual physical is always a good idea. The men I know, always put that off.

Reactions: spaj8987

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
:joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, skip the ER, but an annual physical is always a good idea. The men I know, always put that off.

The beginning of 2019 i was doing pretty good with that. The middle and end are a different story. :p Guess it's not the fall that gets ya but not getting back up. Defo noted. Thank you. :)

Reactions: LaFemme

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

If you have hyperhidrosis, try https://www.amazon.com/SweatBlock-Antiperspirant-Clinical-Strength-Reduce/dp/B002PQ8BQM/?tag=dotdashvhealt-20&ascsubtag=4687662|n8417937e83ce4024aca13a25b10e234419 or tell your doctor. There are pills you can take for it... I never opted for those as they can affect your ability to regulate your body temperature. Seems weird to shut down parts of your body just to avoid wet shirts.

As a long hair, I forget that shorter hair isn’t as needy with moisture.
Also, Black hair (as opposed to black hair) has unique needs due to curl and fragility. Curls make slightly thinner spots in the hair from the oval follicle. Round follicles tend to split ends more than thin spots. Wavy gets the best of both. Ha.
So conditions might merely be deep conditioning on a weekly to monthly basis, or even light conditioning on the washing pattern.

I use chlorophyll tablets as internal deodorant. If I soak a shirt in day to day stuff, I change it.
But, I can also get gross stuff on my clothing at work, so the idea is there.

Reactions: Enid and spaj8987

Partner more prone to skin shed/dandruff than me. Put tea tree essential oil in our shampoo + peppermint essential oil, no more "snow". Mint smell is yum and dont mind tea tree. Tea tree can help w skin/scalp issue and is cheapish from amazon/etc in usa. I go about 1 drop tea tree per 1.5-2oz shampoo and shake hell outta bottle after. Partner has accidentally whapped self in face shaking bottle (no injury but funny).

Reactions: Undefeatedroyale