Best way to get over an ex

D

deleted244310

So I recently was broken up with someone and I'm having the HARDEST time getting over this person. We hung out almost every day for at least 4 months, so he became part of my daily routine. Now he never wants to hang out at all... and the one time we did hang out it turned into wild yet amazing sex. I really want to get over him because when it comes down to it, he was kind of a jerk.

He broke up with me so he could hook up with random people on a website. He had been emailing them and showing them nude pictures of himself while we were still together. That's just one of the many awful things he's done too. Still, for some reason I can't get over it! I feel so pathetic. Would anyone like to share techniques they've used to help themselves move on mentally and emotionally?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cry your heart out for a few days and then move on. Try to make yourself totally unavailable to him so you can get over it. Then when your ready go out, have fun and prepare for the next guy and hopefully he won't be a dawg.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This would probably get a lot more responses in the relationship forum. Ask a mod to move it for y'a.

So I recently was broken up with someone and I'm having the HARDEST time getting over this person. We hung out almost every day for at least 4 months, so he became part of my daily routine. Now he never wants to hang out at all... and the one time we did hang out it turned into wild yet amazing sex. I really want to get over him because when it comes down to it, he was kind of a jerk.
The best thing you can do is cut him out of your life for now. Delete his numbers, emails and any other means of communicating with him, so that you won't be tempted to try and talk to him. You don't want to hang out with him, and you most certainly don't want to know how his personal life is going.

Just rememba, good riddance to bad rubbish.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All I can say is cut off ALL contact. If your calling him or hanging out in places he goes, your not going to get over him. It will get easier the longer you are away from him. Goodluck doll!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to agree. Only time and not seeing him will work. After your heart has healed, you can try to be friends if that's important to you, but right now when your heart is hurting, seeing him will open keep that wound open.

Get rid of everything that reminds you of him, or at least box up the things you don't want to get rid of so you can't see them every day.

Go out, have fun. Make friends he doesn't know. Spend time in places where you know he won't be. Do the things he didn't enjoy so you didn't indulge in them when you were together. Create a new life that's better without him. Find ways to enjoy yourself.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Time heals all wounds, as ling as you stop ripping them open. Delete him from your contacts, he wants a different path than you. When I broke up with my bf of 4 years I thought I would die, for about 2 weeks. Then I put on some makeup and went out with the girls. Sometimes it feels like life will end, but this to shall pass.

D

deleted244310

This is all great advice... however it will be SO hard to do. Not seeing him may be impossible too because he'll always be at the same places I am! UGH this is horrible.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This would probably get a lot more responses in the relationship forum. Ask a mod to move it for y'a.

^^
Listen to Dicko, he knows his shit!:biggrin1:

My advice is to get some sort of a hobby, nothing serious, just to take your mind off him.
And hun, you are a muffin, you`ll find someone interesting soon!

D

deleted244310

I just think it will realllllly take a long time get over him. :( Is rebounding a good idea? I've thought about it but I think that would only make me feel bad.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just think it will realllllly take a long time get over him. :( Is rebounding a good idea? I've thought about it but I think that would only make me feel bad.
Take your time.....being single ain`t that bad!:smile:
Use all the time that you spent with him to spend it with yourself, maybe try to learn as much as possible about yourself so that next time you wouldn`t make such a mistake. He wasn`t a relationship material at the first place....

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have a good cry and then do what he said^ it does work like a charm, and then pick yourself up and move on. Start going to new places and doing new things where you won't run into him. Just keep your eye on the prize of what you want the rest of your life to be like. You have a choice; pining over some guy who is not good enough for you or moving on.

abriel

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree with every body above that said time and distance. It won't be fast. I'm still getting over a guy that I haven't spoken to in 4 years.
It still just stabs me in the heart to think about him but it isn't as bad as it was. Slow degrees.

bigbulgelicker45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My story is similiar to yours (and I was stupid enough to let it happen to me twice over the same guy) as he would openly flirt with guys, give them his phone number while we together, the list is endless.

The first time it happened (he dumped me for "the true love of his life") he didn't have to tell me we had broken up. I found out early one Friday when he called and said he "was sick". I had my suspicions so I went up to the bar and he wasn't there, but our "friends" ignored me so I thought something was up. Having no clue, I went home, thought about it and went back up to the bar to find him (everyone should have this "miracle doctor") with "the love of his life" and when he saw me he had that "oh shit" moment.

I told him I didn't want to ever talk to him again (and then all of a sudden our "friends" started to talk to me.

For about seven years it hurt and we only live a few blocks away. Then one day out of the blue he called and came over telling me he was sorry, blah, blah, blah.

About a month later we were back to seeing each other everyday (but what he didn't know was I was also seeing someone else for sex. My ex and I never had sex) and he started his little "routine" up again. He had also told me he had gone with the ex up to his cottage and they still talked.

One night I told him of the guy I had been seeing and it was a blow to him. We continued to see each other until I had gotten suspicious again and I ended it when he stood me up one night by email. Basically, I let him have it.

Because there was a daily routine, it did take some time break (and I had heard through the grapevine that he had told the "new friends" what I had thought of them. It was his way of "getting even" but the funny thing was it was what HE thought of them and just added my name).

I stopped going to the bars and cut off all ties with people we knew.

It'll be eight years in August and while I miss the companionship, I don't miss him or a bar tab.

If you have mutual friends (and they're basically his) cut your ties with them and delete their contact information. Also try and stay away from where you know you may run into them (of course a store or mall may be difficult) but if they approach you be vague, appear to be happy and say you've gotten around to doing those things you didn't have time for before.

Hope it helps!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
THE BEST WAY TO GET OVER AN EX...

1. Cry. Mourn. Be Angry.
2. Get rid of the stuff they ever gave you. Put all that stuff up or throw it away!
3. Don't go to places where you used to go. Find some better places to roam.
4. Find people that really are good for you spiritually and emotionally. You will need their support and friendship.
5. Exercise. Run. Walk. Swim. Yoga. Pilates. Mixed martial arts. Whatever works out for you.
6. Eat well. Drink well. Be happy.
7. Do positive affirmations. Attitude is altitude.
8. Get lots of sleep. Sleep is good for the soul.
9. Stay away from toxic people. People that are socially and emotionally not good for you. And you know those people. The kind of people you meet in public...and you think: "OH NO. Here they come. Hide!" If you think that...you shouldn't be with those people.
10. DON'T YOU EVER CONTACT THE EX EVER AGAIN. They left you for a reason. Treat them like they died and you are moving on.