best ways to introduce myself to women?

lets dance

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i have a question for mostly the women here but guys should chime in too.

whats the best way to approach a woman if you want to talk to her at a bar or in public? im a bit shy at frist and i know who is within my league but once you get past the awkward beginning of the meeting someone im fine in that area. i usually date people that are friends of friends so its easier to get to know them but my situation in life has changed and i know almost all of my friends friends so im looking outside of that now. i just dont want to feel sleazy or have cheesy lines to get to meet a girl. so whats a good way to introduce yourself with out being too cocky or coming accross as a douche bag?

here is the usual situation for me. i'll go out with friends or by myself and sit and have a drink. i'll see a girl whom i think is attractive. i'll try to make eye contact but not too much. depending on the night if she looks back at me i'll linger for a second or i'll look down like i wasnt trying to look at them... i have always been embarassed about letting someone know im into them. i need to get over that. but after that im kinda stuck, im never sure what my next move should be. should i go up and just say "hi, im mark" and make talk about something going on at that point? i know that not everyone is the same but a little advice would be appreciated.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It's not what you say - it's the way you say. Be confident, that's all. Yes go up and say "hi, im mark", but don't make it sound like an apology - equally, don't make it sound like "hi, im mark, suck my cock". It isn't easy - specially if you're shy. You will get knocked back - you will also meet some nice girls. Funny's good, for an intro - everyone knows the 'nice shoes, wanna fuck' line - a friend of mine, when attempting to talk to girls in bars just says "Hi" [looks down] "hey, nice shoes!!" and leaves the rest unsaid.. it works for him, on starting a conversation anyway

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with the confidence thing. And don't get upset if a girl rejects you. Some girls are just bitches. If she won't give you the time of day, then she's obviously not someone you want to be dating! Just go up and say hello. Be prepared to have a little conversation starter so you don't just introduce yourself and then have nothing to say.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Should i go up and just say "hi, im mark" and make talk about something going on at that point? Yes, that's simple, honest and to the point.
I agree with the confidence thing. And don't get upset if a girl rejects you. Some girls are just bitches. If she won't give you the time of day, then she's obviously not someone you want to be dating! Just go up and say hello. Be prepared to have a little conversation starter so you don't just introduce yourself and then have nothing to say. Yup, what she said.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
First of all...very nice pics :wink: .

I second what all the other girls said. Just be yourself, and be confident. I know that's easier said than done in a bar full of beautiful people, but just remember they are all human, and flawed. You never know..... the girl you are dying to talk to, but feel is "too pretty" might be just as shy as you. I think the best thing a guy can say or do to get my attention in a bar, or club is: make eye contact, smile, walk up and say "hey, how are you? my name is...." and go from there. It's simple if you think about it.

Good luck cutie:smile:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm at my best when I just don't care about what happens.

More often, though, I'm pretty awful, because I'm usually interested in a positive result, which makes me try to avoid screwing up.

But when I don't care -- it's really that simple. I have to learn how to do that straight away.