Best webcam service?

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi,

I just got me a webcam, but what's best to use for communicating?

MSN, Skype, Yahoo or another?

Also, me and a distant partner want to be able to record each other's cam sessions, what's best for doing that?

Excuse ignorance, but all new to us.:smile:

Mikayla

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess its different what people like to comunicate on cam with but for me its Skype that works the best. Its fast and doesnt freeze. Yahoo works worst for me.

Not sure about the cam session recording, sorry :smile:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You and your mac :rolleyes::wink: (@ indy)

Recording? No idea - you could use other software to prerecord something and send that - I have no idea about recording sessions.

I use Yahoo at the moment - I'm not too impressed. The cam freezes (outgoing) and the sound quality (incoming) is often poor. With the freezing on my cam I often wonder if it is because my cam is way old - his cam doesn't seem to do the same and is a much newer beast.

I have only used Skype once and had no problems with it - it seemed a lot smoother.

I used MSN messenger a couple of years ago and it was shite.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I guess its different what people like to comunicate on cam with but for me its Skype that works the best. Its fast and doesnt freeze. Yahoo works worst for me.

Not sure about the cam session recording, sorry :smile:

Thanks for the Skype suggestion. Will avoid Yahoo if it freezes.

If you have a MAC...iChat is the best, great resolution, no time lag, audio capable

Boring old Windows I'm afraid.

what an unfortunate name STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

YouTube - Monty Python - Travel agents sketch\Theory of the Brontos.

About 40 seconds in, you'll find.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

You and your mac :rolleyes::wink: (@ indy)

Recording? No idea - you could use other software to prerecord something and send that - I have no idea about recording sessions.

I use Yahoo at the moment - I'm not too impressed. The cam freezes (outgoing) and the sound quality (incoming) is often poor. With the freezing on my cam I often wonder if it is because my cam is way old - his cam doesn't seem to do the same and is a much newer beast.

I have only used Skype once and had no problems with it - it seemed a lot smoother.

I used MSN messenger a couple of years ago and it was shite.

Oh well seems like Skype it is then.

usually yahoo - when it works !
lately mebeam kinda fun - lpsg room

My internet security went ape-shit when I went to oovoo,s site.

Thanks to everyone who's responded with suggestions, so far.:smile:

which of those provides the best resolution and frame rate for 15+ megabits/sec down 3 megabits/sec up ??