Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
omg you guys, look at her trying to pretend she's not scared. adorbs!

E9Nj2pk.jpg

Boy Tex you need a facial badly. And a decent hair cut would help also.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
As I understand it Beto hasn't released the number of people who donated or what the average donation size. That combined with the fact that his polling numbers are still fairly low, has led some people to argue that the 6 million dollars he received were from big donors or superpacs and not from regular people like Bernie Sanders. This would mean that he really doesn't have grassroots support.

What do you guys think of that?

Reactions: Mikey22

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I understand it Beto hasn't released the number of people who donated or what the average donation size. That combined with the fact that his polling numbers are still fairly low, has led some people to argue that the 6 million dollars he received were from big donors or superpacs and not from regular people like Bernie Sanders. This would mean that he really doesn't have grassroots support.

What polling numbers? There's been zero polls conducted after he formally announced he joined the race.

There are several of us even on this sex forum who donated. I donated $25 on Thursday. Industrialsize donated $20 on Thursday. It doesn't strike me in any way as unbelievable that it's small donation money.

Regardless, FEC quarterly filings for first quarter will be published in April so you'll have all the gory details confirmed for you a month from now.

Most likely reason to me that he hasn't published it now is to keep his name out there in the press (I think he's aiming for the Trump style media management where any press is good press)

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
What polling numbers? There's been zero polls conducted after he formally announced he joined the race.

There are several of us even on this sex forum who donated. I donated $25 on Thursday. Industrialsize donated $20 on Thursday. It doesn't strike me in any way as unbelievable that it's small donation money.

Regardless, FEC quarterly filings for first quarter will be published in April so you'll have all the gory details confirmed for you a month from now.

Most likely reason to me that he hasn't published it now is to keep his name out there in the press (I think he's aiming for the Trump style media management where any press is good press)

No Bump for Beto: O’Rourke Sees Meager Polling Gain After His Campaign Begins

Here is one such poll.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm not seeing the big donners at this time, possibly never. Beto had a stunning fund raising network when he ran for Senate and many of his supporters are wired into him his presidential bid. They are primed and ready to donate because Beto has been "edging" them along towards the inevitable announcement. Given the vastness of the field, with more to come including Biden, I think the "big" money is holding out for a while to see how the field shapes up. Beto has been famously vague on specifics and I think the big money will wait until there is more detail and to see how he fares in polling once the field is more settled. I'm not saying Beto won't take big money at some point, but I don't think it has happened yet. Time will tell.

Reactions: TexanStar

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I'm not seeing the big donners at this time, possibly never. Beto had a stunning fund raising network when he ran for Senate and many of his supporters are wired into him his presidential bid. They are primed and ready to donate because Beto has been "edging" them along towards the inevitable announcement. Given the vastness of the field, with more to come including Biden, I think the "big" money is holding out for a while to see how the field shapes up. Beto has been famously vague on specifics and I think the big money will wait until there is more detail and to see how he fares in polling once the field is more settled. I'm not saying Beto won't take big money at some point, but I don't think it has happened yet. Time will tell.

We will see. We will know more once more polls are out

Reactions: keenobserver

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The latest results are based on 13,551 interviews with registered voters, collected from March 11- 17, 2019.

Beto announced on March 14th, so half of that polling data is pre announcement. The announcement about his record breaking 1st day haul was made on March 17th.

Kamala announced on a Monday and Bernie announced on a Tuesday (their 7 day polling is Monday to Sunday).

Above and beyond that, he had a rough week in the press with people making mountains out of molehill over expressions he's used, the way he speaks, harmless jokes about how much he's away from home, etc etc.

I think you (and that website) are really cherry picking.

Yes, there will be new polling data soon available, don't know why you're rushing to select one that has an obvious bias issue (not political bias, just scheduling bias because you're comparing two early week announcements to a late week announcement).

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
The latest results are based on 13,551 interviews with registered voters, collected from March 11- 17, 2019.

Beto announced on March 14th, so half of that polling data is pre announcement. The announcement about his record breaking 1st day haul was made on March 17th.

Kamala announced on a Monday and Bernie announced on a Tuesday (their 7 day polling is Monday to Sunday).

Above and beyond that, he had a rough week in the press with people making mountains out of molehill over expressions he's used, the way he speaks, harmless jokes about how much he's away from home, etc etc.

I think you (and that website) are really cherry picking.

Yes, there will be new polling data soon available, don't know why you're rushing to select one that has an obvious bias issue (not political bias, just scheduling bias because you're comparing two early week announcements to a late week announcement).

I am just repeating things that I've been hearing.

This does make me wonder. I think I will start a new thread...

Razor500

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

He's not accepting PAC money. I didn't see anything about the average size of his donations. I DID read that he had received money from all 50 states. I think he's good grass roots support, even though it is very early in the campaign.

JulieInNaplesFL

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
6 million dollars isn't going away in 88 days.

Your correct. That can go away in a couple of three weeks. But he'll be lucky if he is around in 6 weeks and if he is it will be as a Father-in-laws little boy.
The others running are already starting to eat him.

Polls, really somebody believes in polls anymore. Stand by for news.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Average donation was $47 dollars.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a condescending article by Ms Parker( a republican) If she had written the same article about a female candidate, they would be storming her house.

The amount of condescension, sexism, racism, etc that's on display in the media critiques of Beto O'Rourke is absurd. I don't even want to google his name anymore because any time I check to see where he's campaigning and what he's doing I'm confronted with a thousand new articles from both the left and the right all trying to one up eachother in their misrepresentations of a campaign without substance.

When I hear supporters talk about him, it's clear to me that they get what Beto's campaign is about and the direction he hopes for his presidency. I don't know why the press is so completely deaf to that right now. I guess they're just upset that a chunk of the electorate is still unwilling to be fed their opinions and so they've decided to double down on the hate. The cherry on top are the various bloggers complaining that Beto gets so much attention from the press... that's like being jealous that someone's Facebook page is being bombarded by trolls.

JulieInNaplesFL

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay