Bette Davis Gets Her Own Stamp!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I LOVE her! I'm gonna have to buy a dozen rolls to give out as stocking stuffers.

US stamp remembers actress Davis

Hollywood star Bette Davis is featured on a new US postage stamp commemorating the 100th anniversary of her birth.

The 42-cent stamp features a portrait of the actress as she appeared in the 1950 film All About Eve.

According to her son Michael Merrill, the Oscar-winning icon - who died in 1989 at the age of 81 - would have been "tremendously thrilled" by the honour.
Born Ruth Elizabeth Davis, her many films include The Letter, Dark Victory, The Little Foxes and Now, Voyager.

Davis was Oscar-nominated for all those films, with further best actress citations coming for All About Eve, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, The Star and Mr Skeffington

Epitaph
Her name was also added to the ballot in 1935 for her breakthrough performance in On Human Bondage.

The actress won two best actress Oscars from her 11 nominations - for Dangerous in 1936 and Jezebel in 1939.

Davis, who was married four times and had three children, chose "She did it the hard way" for an epitaph.
"It isn't that she was complaining but that she had persevered," Merrill told the Associated Press.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ
There is no greater
honor than having
an entire nation
pay to lick one's
back side. :yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:

ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I LOVE her! I'm gonna have to buy a dozen rolls to give out as stocking stuffers.

US stamp remembers actress Davis

Hollywood star Bette Davis is featured on a new US postage stamp commemorating the 100th anniversary of her birth.

The 42-cent stamp features a portrait of the actress as she appeared in the 1950 film All About Eve.

According to her son Michael Merrill, the Oscar-winning icon - who died in 1989 at the age of 81 - would have been "tremendously thrilled" by the honour.
Born Ruth Elizabeth Davis, her many films include The Letter, Dark Victory, The Little Foxes and Now, Voyager.

Davis was Oscar-nominated for all those films, with further best actress citations coming for All About Eve, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, The Star and Mr Skeffington

Epitaph
Her name was also added to the ballot in 1935 for her breakthrough performance in On Human Bondage.

The actress won two best actress Oscars from her 11 nominations - for Dangerous in 1936 and Jezebel in 1939.

Davis, who was married four times and had three children, chose "She did it the hard way" for an epitaph.
"It isn't that she was complaining but that she had persevered," Merrill told the Associated Press.
She was amazing. There will never be another like her. She was larger than life. On human Bondage was a great movie.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What will you do if they come on those sheets of stamps:eek:? (In much the same way the James Dean stamp did some years ago and as many stamps do.)

I love her...no more actors like this one. When does it come out?
According to this: wbztv.com - Bette Davis Stamp To Be Released In Boston
dated September 17, 2008 the stamp was to be released in Boston, Massachusetts on September 18,2008.
Bette Davis Stamp To Be Released In Boston

WASHINGTON (AP) ― A new U.S. postage stamp honors actress Bette_Davis
The 42-cent commemorative stamp, being released tomorrow in Boston, features a portrait of Davis as she appeared in "All About Eve." In the 1950 film, Davis plays Margo Channing, an aging stage actress battling to save her career as a younger woman schemes to replace her.

Davis was nominated for an Academy Award for that performance. She won Oscars for "Dangerous" in 1935 and "Jezebel" in 1938.

Born Ruth Elizabeth Davis 100 years ago in Lowell, she went into acting early and won acclaim playing characters many consider tough and unsympathetic. She died in 1989.

Davis' son, Michael Merrill, says his mother would have been "tremendously thrilled" to be honored with a postage stamp.

(© 2008 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What a great legend in Hollywood. It seems such a shame that after winning two Oscars for best actress, she had to place an ad in Variety in the early 60's asking to come back to work.