Better Boyfriends?

bubblebutt05

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Most of this is a take-off from my introductory post, so I thought it was an apropos topic for breaking my thread cherry. It might be helpful to know I'm a 26-year-old gay male.

Although there are many things I look for in the perfect guy, over time ... and after many bad dates and failed relationships ... a thoughtful analysis has led me to conclude that hung guys in the long run make better bfs. This is not to suggest that every hung guy is a prince ... but rather, that every prince is a hung guy. I get a lot of flak for that, even in the gay community, but I've never been afraid to adopt unpopular rhetoric if it's something I truly believe in. And I do.

My experience has been that hung guys are not only more take-charge (which, granted, is something I look for), but even more romantic and affectionate. This is mostly analysis in hindsight...looking back...but it continues to be born out in my dating today, even before I know the size of the guy. That is, all the least satisfying guys i dated ... if i slept with them ...turned out to be smaller. And all the guys who swept me off my feet ... always turned out later to be hung.

Even if there is some correlation, I'm not suggesting I know a cause. Either way, I'd welcome thoughts. :smile:

JonahFalcon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer to make out, kiss, etc. for long periods of time, true. I can't get turned on without using my mouth in some way. Besides, I'm only 5'9" and it takes a while to get a FULL 13.5".

But I'm usually the dumpee, if that's what you're driving at. Too many size queens just want a fuckbuddy relationship. And I'm no longer a model in everything else -- just average 35 year old looks and bod now, cock notwithstanding.

Reactions: Beefybud30

AlejoPlay

Just Browsing
Media
I usually lurk on this site, but when I read this, my mouth dropped.

WTF?

As someone who is smaller, I really take offense to this "theory." Especially when my ex--who granted was someone I was madly in love with--was hung and he pretty much neglected me in bed often refusing to have anything to do with me below the waist unless it was sticking his dick in me. How I put up with that for three years I'll never know.

I don't understand how people can get away with making such gross generalities. What if someone said "I think white guys make better boyfriends" or "only skinny women are worth dating"? People would be up in arms.

There's too much animosity in the world to be making statements like that. Smaller guys often have a reputation for being overly sensitive, but when you repeatedly hear comments like the one the original poster makes, it takes a strength of Herculean proportions to not get upset after a while.

Desmond_decker

Just Browsing
Media
I had some luch with the size thing and it has had the effect of making me a bit lazy. In general, I'm a great provide of Oral Sex and I like to make sure the women comes at least once before penetaraton.

Some times women want to be on to, Szie my have something to do with this (comments) I'm rather thick and it seems that's ideal for cow gril (?). Women who enjor looking at penises get extremely truned on provideing oral, playing with it, etc. Many time I can feel warm from thier face and chest (and internally) Orgamsms follow this type of arsoual quickly (seconds to miniutes I shit you not).
It seem tha maybe my best sexaul performances when I move the least and that can't be right.

On the other hand, cox worship followed by the view and sounds of a women who's coming is hard to beat. This pattern of sex doesn't last if the relationship does.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
O.k. I'm going to try to run with this theory a little. Being not hung but fairly big in that department I can easily say I don't fit all the "prince requirements that make a guy get swept off of his feet, but do try. Probably smaller guys are more concerned with getting some because it's rare or more of challenge than for a bigger guy (don't quote me on this).

If A guy can have sex, than he won't worry so much about that sapect and works on more important things in a relationship. When sex isn't good or isn't as easily attainable it becomes more of a focus. Don't take anything I just said to literal, but just as open opinions.:cool:

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This "Princes are hung" theory is very interesting, but I seriously doubt there's anything to it. There's only one way to find out for sure--conduct some research! I am willing to help collect the data...:wink:

D_Poppy_Cocque

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think size does have something to do with confidence. The best relationship I ever had lasted for 6 weeks (we were both in the same military training course). He was hung (9+) and I remember him fondly as the best sex I ever had. He was attentive to my needs, easily forewent his own pleasure for mine, and what a cock! I do think those of us who are gifted in the size area do have more confidence, and sex easily becomes a non issue (of course, AFTER your partner finds out you're hung).

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Although I do not have boyfriends in a sexual way, I can simply state that in any relationship the key word is: Attitude!!!!

ackomack

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No offense, but that theory is perhaps the most retarded thing I have heard on this website. That is not a slap towards you; you seem like a well-informed and nice person... but come on!

I have a theory on the correlation you pondered: you're a size queen. (Which is fine of course.) But to make such sweeping generalizations is laughable and unwise.

Perhaps you just hold those who have "swept you off your feet" in a more endearing light... and Psych 101 reminds us that the human mind selectively remembers and analyzes things to be consistent with a deeply held view or value. Maybe you forgot all your average-joe but good lovers? Or maybe you just are really good at picking the hung guys who deliver? Either way, let's be real.

-Ack

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
AlejoPlay said:
I don't understand how people can get away with making such gross generalities. What if someone said "I think white guys make better boyfriends" or "only skinny women are worth dating"? People would be up in arms.

Nobody says those things because that would be stating the obvious. :wink:

OK, seriously. I'm glad the OP has found the kind of guys he likes. And perhaps, if you expect good qualities in a particular type of person, you'll be more likely to find them - or convince yourself that they're present.

I know that while dating a very attractive woman, I convinced myself that she was a sweetheart, when in fact, she was anything but. My friends had some good fun at my expense after the (inevitable) breakup, of course. And this experience does not make the next attractive woman I meet any more likely to be a sweetheart (or its opposite) than any other woman is.

Bottom line - if you're looking for gold, you're more likely to find it. Even if it's pyrite.

Aloha!

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While I can't say one way or another whether I believe this theory to be true, I can say that it has some theoretical base.

It is possible (not nessesarily true, but this is theoretical, remember that) that the men you met who weren't so well endowed were suffering from a bit of short man syndrome (Eh, don't feel like explaining it, leave it enough to say the Le Petit Capitan--Napolean--suffered from it, though his was hieght based). Those men who you met with this phallic basis of SMS (not a real acronym, so sue me) were probably dealing with it in the same way people always tell you bullies deal with things: belittling.

I know I've had a few boyfriends who did this, and being as short as I am it was probably worse than it would have otherwise been. The boyfriends I mentioned -- when they found out about my above average size -- seemed to look for something to latch onto to make them see themselves as better, and with me there was a very, very easy thing to find better. My hieght.

Now, I'm not saying that all men who happen to not be as well endowed as most people on here are like that, and I know that while I've had a few boyfriends like that, I've probably had at least an equal number -- probably more -- parteners who treated me like any other person; treated me with the respect that I love, bot don't feel I deserve (bipolar disorder, not fun).

Now that I'm done ranthing and saying absolutely nothing of value, I'll shut up and shuffle back into my corner. (Bipolar II, if anyone cares :dead1: )

AlejoPlay

Just Browsing
Media
I'm 5'4" and I've hated that SMS syndrome thing. Sometimes I think I've held myself back from being more assertive because I was afraid of someone accusing me of having a Napoleon complex. It sort of reminds me of women who are assertive and are declared "bitches" and "ballbusters."

One of the reasons I've been lurking on this site is because of the sort of rage I felt after my ex and I broke up. I found myself making nasty disparaging comments about larger men and I really don't want to be that person.