Better grab some tissues...

kamikazee_club

1st Like
Media
Shame it's left to volunteers.

I can't help but think that the politicians that send troops into battle should have compulsory stints on that job. Certainly if they were forced to meet those that come home injured and the relatives of those who died they may get a much needed lesson in accountability, reality and humanity which just perhaps may make them think twice the next time they feel a little 'gung ho'.

America seems to sweep it's vets under the carpet, or at least it used to; good enough to die for ones country but not to return home with dignity and the respect of those that sent them.

kamikazee_club

1st Like
Media
You see some merits in the plot to reintroduce selective service? If so, you might want to write a letter of support to Charlie Rangel (D-NY). I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing from the only person who approves of his plan.

Your'e 180 degrees out on that one BD. No, I meant it's a shame the welcome home was left to volunteers. :rolleyes:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You see some merits in the plot to reintroduce selective service? If so, you might want to write a letter of support to Charlie Rangel (D-NY). I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing from the only person who approves of his plan.
I've wondered about some of those suggestions to reinstate selective service. If they ever did, do you think they would have to re-tool the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy?

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your'e 180 degrees out on that one BD. No, I meant it's a shame the welcome home was left to volunteers. :rolleyes:

You were waxing rhapsodic about a requirement for politicians to be required to serve stints on "that job", which syntactically appeared to be referring to something military. And that would seem to imply a least a partially favorable attitude toward Selective Service.

Or maybe you'd be happy if Bush was forced to visit troops brought back and hospitalized here. Oops, too late, he already does that. But he doesn't drag Sean Penn's camera crew with him for a bit of publicity, so maybe you missed it.

kamikazee_club

1st Like
Media
You were waxing rhapsodic about a requirement for politicians to be required to serve stints on "that job", which syntactically appeared to be referring to something military. And that would seem to imply a least a partially favorable attitude toward Selective Service.

Or maybe you'd be happy if Bush was forced to visit troops brought back and hospitalized here. Oops, too late, he already does that. But he doesn't drag Sean Penn's camera crew with him for a bit of publicity, so maybe you missed it.

No, you simply misunderstood what I wrote. Get over it.