Better selfconfidence

bjkuk

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do men with big dicks have better selfconfidence (not sexually) when knowing that they are bigger than most other men? :confused:

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
People say so at least...
Well I can't call myself a confident person.

In my opinion it helps your confidence depending how much worth you give to your penis. When I saw a "How big are you" poll on this forum and found out that many guys here got 6-7 inches I knew my penis is not small hehe and since then I am a bit more confident.
If I was for example a guy (or should I say moron) who thinks his 8 inches are small and is so sad about it that he stays locked in his house and thinks about suicide... then I'd surely get a lot of selfconfidence after finding out the truth :wink:

JustAverage

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I highly having a large penis could really help my self-esteem issues, but maybe that's just me. I guess I'll never know...

I do understand where the idea comes from though.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
Hung men will often exhibit "big dick attitude". It's not the same thing as self-confidence. True self-confidence exists regardless of dick size.

Truer words, mon ami.

Generalizing pride or conceit over a single attribute actually usually masks other insecurities.

Being conceited about a personal attribute is the exact OPPOSITE of true self-confidence which comes from a deep love, understanding, and acceptance of the person you see in the mirror after the shower each day.

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think the most you can say is that a well endowed man has little chance of concerns about whether he is big enough or not undermining his confidence, with small or average guys there is more chance of this (in a perfect world there wouldn't be of course, but that's not what we live in).

But I agree with Sorcerer and Lex, if someone goes around thinking they're better than other guys simply because they have a bigger dick then that's a strong indicator they have their own set of issues.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
steve2727 said:
I think the most you can say is that a well endowed man has little chance of concerns about whether he is big enough or not undermining his confidence, with small or average guys there is more chance of this...
Tbh, I think that the sheer number of guys with above-average penises on this site who nevertheless strive to obtain "the elusive extra inch" through enlargement techniques calls this supposition into question.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
No i dont think 'bigger' guys have more self-confidence. For exmple my guy is is classed as big and he's quite self concious about his size, keeping it hidden and if its normal.

However sexually even though he is still relatively inexperienced i see him developing more self confidence each time we have sex, he aready has more than some of the very experinced guys ive been with actually because he knows how impressed i am with his size.

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
alex8 said:
Tbh, I think that the sheer number of guys with above-average penises on this site who nevertheless strive to obtain "the elusive extra inch" through enlargement techniques calls this supposition into question.

I'm not sure the somewhat childish 'I know I'm big but I wanna be HUGE!!' attitude of a lot of above average guys are the same as the feelings of inadequacy and concerns about being able to satisfy their sexual partners that a lot of guys express.

But I take your point, I suppose any guy can make their penis into an 'issue', regardless of its size

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Sorcerer, (sexual) confidence comes from within, relying on any combination of physical 'attributes' to provide it or as a substitute can be dangerous.

Giving a man a weapon and sending him into battle doesn't necessarily make him a skilled and confident warrior it just makes him armed and maybe makes it a little easier for him to fight, the bigger the weapon the better the warrior? To draw a crude parallel; giving a man a large penis may make it easier for him to please a woman but does that make him a great and confident lover?

While I think the two aren't mutually exclusive I don't think they are co-dependent. After all, the best weapon in the world counts for nothing if you can't shoot for shit.:tongue:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
JustAverage: I highly (believe) having a large penis could really help my self-esteem issues, but maybe that's just me. I guess I'll never know...

Looking at your gallery, I can only assume we have a case of body dysmorphia here.

Sorcerer: Hung men will often exhibit "big dick attitude". It's not the same thing as self-confidence. True self-confidence exists regardless of dick size.

Yup. To be over-invested in one attribute will increase insecurity, not cut it. The more you are identified with one thing, the more fragile your self-concept becomes. True confidence comes from loving your whole being, as I guess Lex says.

The longing for size, like anything else, is open-ended. You can always want more. But I do suppose that being, say, clearly above average in the package department … cuts some of the sharper insecurities one might have.

It’s like intelligence. If I know I’m above average, it can still bother me that I’m not the smartest guy on the planet – but I’m suffering less than I would if my intelligence were reduced and I knew I was suddenly looking up at nearly everyone.

I’m just speaking very generally. I realize no hard and fast rules can be seen operating in the world.

JustAverage

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
senor rubirosa said:
JustAverage: I highly (believe) having a large penis could really help my self-esteem issues, but maybe that's just me. I guess I'll never know...

Looking at your gallery, I can only assume we have a case of body dysmorphia here.
Actually, the intended word I forgot was doubt. Oops.

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Joseph said:
People say so at least...
If I was for example a guy (or should I say moron) who thinks his 8 inches are small and is so sad about it that he stays locked in his house and thinks about suicide... then I'd surely get a lot of selfconfidence after finding out the truth :wink:

jesus.

do you know me or something? caz it sure sounds like you got me down to a T. not exactly suicidal, but id grudgingly admit that sounds like a profile of me, right down to the size and lack of confidence...

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As someone with an above average penis and crippling low self esteem I can say that IMO it doesn't make a difference. Self esteem comes from inside and the external attributes can't make it or break it.

If you like yourself you see your shortcomings as part of what makes you who you are, if you don't like yourself you could have everything in the world going for you and all you see is what you don't have.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
JustAverage said:
Does that really change your original response though? Based on what you said, it seems like you'd still call it body dysmorphia, although I think that's a bit over the top.

Now I'm confused about what you actually think. Do you think you're at best average? Because if you do, at least judging on your gallery, it seems to me that you don't see that aspect of your body clearly. And that would be a fairly clear case of body dysmorphia.

The subtext of my remark is: "Hey guy ... quite the pocket rocket. What are you worrying about?"

But if "body dysmorphia" sounds too clinical, maybe I shouldn't be using it. Maybe it is "over the top."

I could just say, "My friend, ain't no way you're JustAverage."

JustAverage

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I would call myself average. I really don't think it's more than that.

Body dysmorphia did seem too clinical to me. Maybe it really is the case though. I don't know. Having looked into it a bit more, it sounds similar to my weight issues. After losing 40 pounds or so, I still see myself as somewhat overweight, although I'm at ~150 lbs, 5'10" tall. I don't have an eating disorder or anything, as I have no desire to lose more weight, but I don't see myself as thin as my friends say I am. (According to my BMI, though, it's all good.) Maybe these issues affect my view of my penis size, too?

My original point was just that if I had a large penis, my self-esteem issues probably wouldn't go away.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
JustAverage said:
Well, I would call myself average. I really don't think it's more than that.

To me, your unit seems rather long, rather thick, and self-affirmingly contemptuous of gravity -- more full of itself, in a good way, than its (shoulda been proud) owner!:cool:

Didn't other people sort of say the same thing a week or two ago?

But hey. You seem like a very nice guy and a very honest guy.

Good to have you on board.