Beware of Girls Looking for Sex...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by exwhyzee, Jun 20, 2008.

1. exwhyzee

Gold Member

In Gloucester, Massachusetts, a group of girls, none older than 16, are said to have became pregnant after making a pact to do so and raise their children together. The girls were impregnated by fellow students, as well as older men - including a 24 year old homeless guy.

Some blame hit movies like Juno and Knocked Up for glamorizing young unwed mothers. Others say teen role models such as Jamie Spears have made teen parenthood more acceptable and even fashionable.

Others blame the influence of Catholicism in the town, or lack of/ too much discussion about contraception.

What do you guys make of this? Its easier to dismiss one girl as an idiot for wanting to get pregnant...but a group of girls making a pact? WTF? Whats wrong with buying a kitten? :confused:

Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High - TIME

2. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

bwaaaaaaaaaaa-HAHAHAHA

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is really sad.

These kids have been let down by the adults charged with their care. Officials started noticing an increase in requests for pregnancy tests in October, had girls coming multiple times, girls showing signs of disappointment when they tested negative and didn't take action. Did councilors ask them what was going on? Did they notify the parents?

I know school teachers and officials are no substitute for good parents, but this is over the limit.

4. JC8

JC8 Member

Albums:
    What, they're physiologically capable of it, so what's the big deal? Isn't that what god intended by providing humans the ability to reproduce?

5. camper joe

Gold Member

It is truly sad what these girls have done to their lives.
    Yes there has been many failures here but the biggest blame has to be place at these girls' parents feet. Parent are the major role models in any child's life. But it looks like these parents have been absent in their children's lives.

6. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Assuming you have healthy sperm, then you must have 100s of children by now...just because you can.

Congrats! :biggrin1:

7. naughty

Gold Member

DOnt be so quick to blame the parents. Many of these children are very much peer driven and their behavior is much to the consternation of their parents. They may even suffer from emotional disorders as have been seen with Britney. So even though parents are responsible to some degree these kids out here can be a trip. Look at so many of these children getting in to all sorts of trouble on te internet because they have deliberately lied and portrayed themselves as older than they are. This happens in real life as well.

8. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Naughty, do you think these girls are looking for peer companionship as well as child companionship? Do you think this is connected to a need for acceptance?

9. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

It's a screwed up world.

10. naughty

Gold Member

Absolutely! I think that often they find out too late that the child they so desperately depended upon to give them love would in reality be taking instead of giving. Unprepared to deal with a being who would be taking constantly instead of giving has been one of the biggest causes of children being abused or their young parents continuing to make bad choices in search of the love they so desperately desire.

11. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bingo :wink:

12. hairyman101

hairyman101 New Member

Albums:
    if a group of guys made a pact to get as many girls as they could in one day pregrant...and acted on that pact....those guys would be in jail......or worse. i would think the girls either raped the guys or seduced them for there sperm.......these girls will have there babies and the state will pay for them.....as always. the girls will have what they wanted.......a group of screaming babies. one was a 24 year old homeless guy....thats how low they went to get what they wanted.

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Careful, dude...pronatalist is so gonna kick your ass for pilfering his schtick.

14. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

The government makes it to easy for kids to be dumb these days. If i had of got pregnant at 16 my parents would have kicked my ass, now its just leave school and get government payments

15. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

the worst part of this article is when they revealed my living situation. don't we fathers get privacy anymore?

16. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    To quote the word used by others: Sad.

And yes, I do blame parents. I've got three teens, and boy, you have to be INTO THEIR LIVES.

If you're not, the peer influence takes over.

Expectations and communication.... that's what it takes.

17. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That is sad. Those girls will be caring for someone for the rest of their lives. They cannot see the responsibility that having children holds. My parents would have murdered me if I'd of done that at 18 even. It's too bad.. but quite literally too late.

18. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    ahhh haven't you all seen the maury povich show when they used to have 13/14/15yo's DESPERATE to have a baby? they just wanted someone to love them back unconditionally.

I see a lot of lawsuits in their future. child support payments, welfare, pain and heartache. sad situation.

Goes to show you the old saying about be careful of who you are friends with (or even hang out with) is true... Seems like a pact was created and that's creepy.

19. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

What's sadder is that a buddy of mine was out in Gloucester last night (it's just down the road) and couldn't get laid.

20. JC8

JC8 Member

Albums:

Bring it on, pronatalist, I'll kick your ass with one shoe tied to the stake holding down my separatist religious cult tent with all my wives/children/etc. in it.

*who is pronatalist?

Draft saved Draft deleted