Bi-Curious

Bloodrush

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey all, first time writer, long time stalker.

So I'm bicurious, and was just wondering how to indulge my curiosity. I'm 27, live in quite a conservative city (Perth), and all of my friends are straight.

I don't want to throw myself too far in the deep end, which internet meets to an extent seem a bit like, but at the same time I don't want to be outed just exloring that curiosity.

But without that, that fear of the unknown is preventing me from being myself and starting any relationship.

How did you 'have a crack'? And any pointers.. :confused:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First...WELCOME to lpsg...ENJOY!!

I have always known, since a teenager, that I was BI, so ne[ver had to wonder about it.
Long ago I thought all my friends were also straight, but it turned out that a few of them were just like me...BI and Deep in the closet. Some of them were already married and were
parents. So, you never know.

Today it is easier to be gay than BI...for most people don't think there is such a thing as being Bi...they just think you are hidding behind the Bi label to keep from coming out as gay. Some are, but many are actually Bi.

I think being here at LPSG is a good start for you. There are a lot of good people here and many can be very helpful. Take it slowly and enjoy it. Make friends, join in the threads and discussions, get advise, and see if what you see really turns you on. Doing all this while being completely anonymous! :yup: I really believe that one is born with their sexual identity already programmed....you are either straight, gay or Bi...so it will not change you to check it out and find the answer.

As far as actually getting involved with another person, that is hard to say. It either happens, or it doesn't. You will either find that occasion, or you wont. Whatever, today requires that you
to practice safe sex....so remember that.

There is something that is called "Gaydar"...and I think that there is also a "Bidar"...or at least I believe I have both. Sometimes it
is right and other times wrong...but you might want to try and see if you have it.

Check your local area for a LGBT center or support group. I don't care for bars or some of the other ways to meet people, so I think the former would be a good way to meet or get direction for where to meet people. If you sing, you might look to see if there is a LGBT singing group...or join a gym (and keep your eyes and ears open)....always a good way to meet people.

Anyway...Good Luck to you...keep us informed. If you want...PM me.

Last edited:

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Great post Silver.

I would only add that I too was aware of my bisexuality early on, when I was almost 20 and moved to a new city. My next door neighbor came over to welcome me to the neighborhood. He was slightly effeminate, tall and my gaydar went off immediately, even though at the time there wasn't really anyone to talk to for advice and I didn't even know what gaydar actually was. I just had a feeling that I got with certain guys. I started spending more and more time with the neighbor and the gaydar signals got stronger. Eventually I got the nerve to make suggestive "open for interpretation" remarks, he responded the way I'd hoped and then great things happened!

I know it sucks when it seems like there's no resources or ways to safely experiment. Keep your eyes peeled for potential friends. I know for me, there's a few signals that I can rely on. So when I see them I start flirting a little. Usually works well for me.

I know how difficult this situation can be since you want to experiment without broadcasting it. Don't know if the internet is the best place, but if you don't see anyone else around who might be interested, it might be a worthwhile thing to see if you find someone with like interests.

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
we said poultrygeist, i know how you felt. go your own way about it and in time wonderfull thing's WILL happen, ok it takes time sometimes, but well worth it.

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perth is in Aussie land, it cannot be THAT conservative. There must be gay bars. When I first went to my first gay bar I was struck by how normal it was. Not all gay bars are dens of initquity with back rooms. In fact quite a few of my straight friends enjoy meeting in a gay bar as they are so pleasant.

So go for it.