Bi guys that are not emotionally attracted to men; why is that?

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you think it's because you genuinely aren't able to fall in love with a guy or do you think it's because you just have some hang-ups/prejudices about this? I think I also remember hearing a bi guy say once that in his case it was the fact that he simply had no experience of romantic bonding with men so he didn't know how to proceed with things.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just the opposite for me: I fall in love too easily, often with multiple people at once, male and female.

Walt Whitman said it best:

I am he that aches with amorous love
Does the Earth not gravitate? Does not all matter, aching, attract all matter?
So the body of me to all I meet or know.

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I once thought that I wasn't attracted to guys emotionally. Then when I started sleeping with guys I realized that it was hard to get hard if I wasn't kissing and cuddling with them. I realize now that my sexuality is connected with my emotions.

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am just not emotionally attracted to men, I like and enjoy the sexual contact with men and it is full on French kissing, bj anal sex, time in bed etc, but I just cannot form a relationship with a guy other than a mate with benefits.

Women on the other hand I fall in (and out) of love and have relationships with women

itscomplex

Cherished Member
Media
I too can't seem to fall in love with men. I can have lust for men, become really good mates, but not like I'd do romantic stuff for a guy. Women, on the other hand I could love both physically and emotionally, if they just gave me a chance more often. I don't know why that is, though.

mdbi_guy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Similar for me. With men it is all about the sex. I prefer really being into it with a man, kissing, attraction, etc. but not really interested in being in a relationship other then a possible friendship with a man.

With a woman it is about the relationship, love, and sex.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
For me I just don't feel any connection with guys beyond deep friendships. If a relationship with a guy friend is going to turn sexual then that's the ultimate level that can be achieved with me. Best friends who happen to enjoy putting their cock in my mouth haha... women are simply what I'm tuned towards for love, kissing, cuddling all the mushy stuff. Would never do that stuff with a guy

someotherguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've just never have formed a deep emotional bond to another guy. That's not to say I'm closed off to the idea, it just hasn't happened yet. I feel that people should be open to anything, life can throw you some nice surprises.

wolf33

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to think that it was purely a physical attraction to men, until I felt an emotional connection to a "fwb". Was I in love? Not even close ( that is hard for me in general ), but there was definitely a connection that went beyond just the physical. All I can say is "never say never" you never know who you can connect with at that level.

Haggard_Wisdom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just don't feel romantic feelings towards other men. That level of emotion just isn't there. Maybe it's like everything else in the world of romance and male to male attraction (beyond sex) hasn't hit me because I haven't found "the one" yet .

Or I'm not actually put together that way.

Reactions: evolution

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i have a new fuck buddy; has a live in gf. His main interest is being fucked; he will let me suck his cock but that's not his interest. He wants a dick or dildo in his ass and it must massage his prostate. very little foreplay, but will let me fuck him until I cum. He usually ends up jacking off while I fuck him. Once finished, he's up, cleaned, says thanks and out the door. the fact he's handsome and an amateur bodybuilder is why I keep seeing him. Not interested in much interaction; definitely wont kiss. But will wear a thong when he comes over as he knows it turns me on. Tried jacking me for a minute or two one time but I could tell he wasn't into it. He just wants to be fucked.

Haggard_Wisdom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not interested in much interaction; definitely wont kiss. Tried jacking me for a minute or two one time but I could tell he wasn't into it. He just wants to be fucked.

This is me, except I love blow jobs and will return the favour. Have fucked but only slowly getting into being fucked. Not into kissing or shows of affection with other blokes, it's all about the sex.

Reactions: Trunk8or

pursine

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
To address this question I'd first like to challenge your premise. I think you need to add stereotypically to the start, because we are not dealing with real individuals here are we? Of course when you do that, the question no longer has quite the same impact as it does if the stereotype is allowed to stand for actual bisexual men. But with this caveats in mind, to answer your question , it has probably got something to do with the fact that up until recently, it was a lot more problematic to be in a gay relationship. So if a guy feels a sexual attraction to another guy, but he also feels the weight of social prohibition and things that he could function in a heterosexual realationship, then he would be careful not to get too emotionally attached to the other guy. For otherwise he would have to cross the rubicon between heterosexuality and homosexuality. So emotional coldness is probably more about managing expectations than it is about an genuine emotional reserve.

itscomplex

Cherished Member
Media
When I experimented with a guy for the first time, kissing was an absolute turnoff. Now, I'd try kissing as foreplay, but emotionally a guy can only hope for us becoming friends with benefits.
I got played by destiny I guess. They say 'Never say never'. I got what I deserved - having a hard crush on a camp guy, who is sadly straight. And we aren't even that close. But after some time together working on a project during a team-building event on the seaside last month... On the first night I got hit by the lust ok. Like, from 0 to 100 in 3 seconds. And then I got butterflies in my stomach, my heart rate hit the sky... I started staring at him and memorizing all of his features. I couldn't talk with him if I looked directly at him - dumb things came out. And then... it ended. I never could show him he can trust me, so I still had my hopes he was into guys in some way... But recently, I came out to many of my friends who are rather supportive (mostly girls) and his best friend told me he claimed to be straight at all times she inquired... Guys, if anyone can help me with ideas how to get over a same-sex crush, please PM me. I need advice. I'm tormenting myself far too long.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Do you think it's because you genuinely aren't able to fall in love with a guy or do you think it's because you just have some hang-ups/prejudices about this? I think I also remember hearing a bi guy say once that in his case it was the fact that he simply had no experience of romantic bonding with men so he didn't know how to proceed with things.
It's all of the above. Not gonna deny that the social hangups and prejudices play apart in why some bi men refuse to be in a relationship with another man, but for the guys that are honestly not romantically attracted to guys, well I can only speak for myself, it's not that their is no emotional attachment, it's more that the emotional attachment is just platonic and not a romantic one even if sex was involved. Also the dynamic in a same sex relationship is very different then one between the opposite sex, so some guys prefer this. Also sometimes with gay man it get annoying the more involved you get with them the more they start pushing the idea that you are gay and not Bi, which is frankly annoying as fuck .