Bicycle Seats

Beercanthick

1st Like
Media
I am an avid cyclist, both road and mountain, and can ride for several hours. While not the longest guy out there - 8 inches - but I am very thick. Also, I got a nice set of balls too. It can become uncomfortable and I find myself adjusting to try to push things to one side or the other, but it only helps a bit. Yes, I do wear the funky lycra shorts while road riding, but even my baggier mountain bike shorts are not any help. At least with mountain biking, I can stand more often to relieve the pressure. Do all guys who cycle have problems with bike seats, or can it be worse if you got a bit more going on down there than the average guy? I've always been embarassed to bring this up, even when paying good money to be properly sized for a new bike. Any cyclists out there who can help me with some ideas? Or am I just as typical as any guy on a bike seat?

D_Festus_Fannipat

Account Disabled
Media
Though I am not as large as you, I am an avid cyclist and must also contend with the "pain" of a bike seat (the first few rides of the year are excruciating). Now, beyond sitting on a brick for two hours each day to get used to what a bike seat will feel like on a ride, there are some other options you could consider.

Certainly wear bike shorts, if you are going to bike. And, don't try wearing a jock or underwear under them--this would totally defeat the purpose of the shorts. They are designed for the male anatomy (as women's bike shorts are designed for female anatomy), and are your best bet for reducing chafing, sufficiently wicking away moisture, and allowing as much comfort as possible on a bike ride. Wear yourself "up" in the shorts, if you know what I mean. This will cause the least pressure.

Have you been fitted properly to your bike? If the throw of your leg is not extended enough on the peddle, you will be harming your knees; if it is over-extended, you are going to have a much more difficult "seat." If your handle bars are set too far forward, you will exhaust your back. . . etc. Also, have you considered ergonomically designed saddle? These are designed to NOT put pressure on your "package" while cycling. These saddles feel a little weird (split design), but are certainly worth considering if you are a frequent cyclist.

Enjoy your bike riding, and always, always wear a helmet:smile:

Attachments

Beercanthick

1st Like
Media
Thanks, Zippyguy. I'm new here, so not sure how to switch back and forth to reference your thoughtful post. I do wear the short, sometimes, when mountain biking, I will wear lycra road shorts (which are padded - and expensive at near $100!) under my baggie mountain bike shorts (which are also padded, but not as well).

And I have been fitted for both my bikes, measurements and all. I have to say, when I got fitted this summer in Flagstaff for my 29 inch wheel mountain bike (for those who are impressed by size - a bike best only for the big boys - "clydesdales" we're known as on biking forums), the guy, who I'm sure was straight, spent a lot of time questioning my about how my legs got so big (hell, my calves are what should be on some freaky size site), I so kept wanting to ask him the question I posted here, but didn't have the nerve cuz I didn't want to seem like I was bragging or coming on to him (we were alone in a room upstairs from the bike shop). Kinda why I'm glad that this site exists, because there are real issues guys have to deal with (otherwise, it's like not recognizing that uncut guys have special needs issues like hygiene, tearing of skin, and partners being revolted by a foreskin).

I've seen those split seats and wondered how effective they are. And yes, I have had my dick and nutts go to numb on me before because of circulation issue.

But hey, I love to ride and will continue to do so until I get hit by that Mack truck or am jumped by that mountain lion.

Thanks.

Attachments

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Beercanthick said:
(otherwise, it's like not recognizing that uncut guys have special needs issues like hygiene, tearing of skin, and partners being revolted by a foreskin).

Sure is a lot more comfortable biking when you have a foreskin. Before I started restoring, the head of my dick was always getting rubbed raw and sore. The corona and peehole of my glans in particular.