Bicycle Shorts

Chicago_Swimmer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've started to become a serious road cyclist and could use some advice on cycling clothes. Does anyone have fitting advice on brands or styles for cycling shorts/tights?

I'm a 30" waist with larger than average cock and balls and am not sure whether to do a size small or medium with shorts. Is it better to go with a tighter fit. These clothes are expensive and I have already wasted some money on shorts that are not comfortable.

geocycle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
30" waist should be medium for cycling shorts, maybe even large depending on the brand. I find that tri-shorts and cycling shorts with a thinner, more flexible chamois are much better (like Zyflex for example, which is pretty cheap).

Shorts with a very thick chamois (like Sugoi) are not comfortable for the anatomy, for me.

Cheers,

I've started to become a serious road cyclist and could use some advice on cycling clothes. Does anyone have fitting advice on brands or styles for cycling shorts/tights?

I'm a 30" waist with larger than average cock and balls and am not sure whether to do a size small or medium with shorts. Is it better to go with a tighter fit. These clothes are expensive and I have already wasted some money on shorts that are not comfortable.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a 30" waist and buy small shorts. I usually just get the lycra speedo shorts. They run about $20 each as opposed to 60 or more for the padded shorts. They don't have any padding which I have learned to like better. Nothing bunches up or rubs. It may be a little harder on the seat, but I seemed to just gotten used to it. I do a lot of biking and can ride 100 miles in a day and still not feel uncomfortable or sore. The only time I have gotten sore or chaffed was in padded biking shorts.

It is kind of hard hiding your dick in those lycra shorts but only seems to be a problem when we stop at Starbucks or some where for a bite to eat. Just my thoughts.

Attachments

ace_dexter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a 30" waist and buy small shorts. I usually just get the lycra speedo shorts. They run about $20 each as opposed to 60 or more for the padded shorts. They don't have any padding which I have learned to like better. Nothing bunches up or rubs. It may be a little harder on the seat, but I seemed to just gotten used to it. I do a lot of biking and can ride 100 miles in a day and still not feel uncomfortable or sore. The only time I have gotten sore or chaffed was in padded biking shorts.

It is kind of hard hiding your dick in those lycra shorts but only seems to be a problem when we stop at Starbucks or some where for a bite to eat. Just my thoughts.

Totally agree. most shorts have too much padding.
Once you get a few saddle miles in, ones arse gets pretty darn hard.
I have done several Iron Man distance races in a no padding speedo, no problem at all. Back a few years ago lots of guys rode in a speedo and a tri-top, to bad its not so common these days.
And auncut10in I will buy you a coffee and a date square after our next ride anytime.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
When in doubt, my inclination is always to go for the larger size (in your case, the medium). Then again, my build is nothing like yours. But in general, bike shorts are so stretchy and elastic that unless you get a size that is WAY too big for you, they will compress to fit. And if you get a size that is too small ... well, they will probably be unwearable.

FYI, I currently wear Novara bike shorts from REI. They are a fraction the price of Pearl Izumi, etc., have held up very well, and are quite comfortable.

Steve

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Why don't you experiment first, before investing? I recommend a longer shirt that will cover your dick if you stop. You can sew in some chamois in spandex or underall underwear. See whether you like something tight or a little loose when you bike. I don't like the skin tight stuff, since it makes me focus on my dick too much. Medium tight or slightly loose is good. You have to play with the angle of the seat so it doesn't interfere.

Take some shorter rides, play around. It might bring out your exhibitionist streak, or make you focus only on riding. Both are fun.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Chicago Swimmer: Glad to hear that you're into cycling. It's such a blast! So much depends on the bike seat and how it works with your anatomy. I can wear just about anything when I ride my Giant fitness bike under 25 miles. When I ride my Trek road bike or go longer distances on the Giant, I have to wear padded cycling shorts or I get sore too quickly. I've been happy with Pearl Izumi and want to get bib shorts next. If you're between sizes, go to the next larger size.

D_William Howard Shaft

Account Disabled
Media
I don't find larger means better with cycling shorts. larger ones tend to roll on the waist more and if you have ANY luvhandles, it gets uncomfortable. I wear Mountain Equipment Co-Op ones. Not sure if that is available in the US, but we have a store in ON here... They are pretty reasonable (about $30) and fit well. I wear a 32 waist and buy mediums. I usually get ones with a bit of padding, but not overly so.