Bicycles!

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
Hey, I own 3 bikes and plan on getting more, theyre my only means on transportation and I ride about 1-2 hours a day. I was wondering about the impotence issues about bicycles, that shit is freaking me out, I think sometimes It feels wierd. Im looking at other seats but some sites say theyre just as useless.

Any opinions on this?

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media

wrench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i love my Brooks leather saddles. ive had the same one for 20 years, it follows me from bike to bike. once properly broken in, they mold to your anatomy. cool retro look too, with the large rivits. on long organized rides, some wonder how i can ride on one of these, while others that also have them just give a knowing thumbs up.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As a casual rider, maybe 200 mi a month average, the stupidly named "spongy wonder" is really comfortable and doesn't crush your balls. Which is my usual problem with standard saddles. Either one should eliminate the pressure problems on that touchy area between your sac and your, ahem.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
wrench said:
i love my Brooks leather saddles. ive had the same one for 20 years, it follows me from bike to bike. once properly broken in, they mold to your anatomy. cool retro look too, with the large rivits. on long organized rides, some wonder how i can ride on one of these, while others that also have them just give a knowing thumbs up.

Totally agree. I have a B17 on my road bike and a B72 on my commuter. Great product.

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
Well Im still going with either the soultion or the spongy wonder but I cant decide :mad:

-The solution

-medical study to back it up

-cheaper

-ok for mountain biking altho not extreme

Spongy wonder:

-Money back guarantee

-seat adapter not included (wont fit in my marin bike, need to buy adapter :p)

-more expensive

- no study to back it up (altho the concept which is to eliminate the horn is the same)

-looks more comfortable

-got 1 postive review from a real person

Suggestions?

chinook223

Just Browsing
Media
I'm a long-time rider and have some mild ED. First thought was it was my bicycle seat.

To make a long story short, my research and visits to 2 urologists convinced me that riding can only help keep me healthy and is probably not causing my ED

I did try a few different seats, though. What's funny is that one of the seats that had the most "health" claims was the worst. Softer is not always better, as the gel can move around and fill in a gap where my nerve is. Precisely what you don't want to happen.

At this point, I'm going back to using a seat that may sound counter-intuitive. It's a hard leather saddle made by Brooks. They're a classic from decades ago before fancy seats came along. THough they're unconfortable at first, over time, they mold to you like a good hard leather boot. Then, it's heaven.

Good luck

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been into bicycles all my life. I have a Bontrager anatomically correct seat and love it. I've gone on 50 mile rides with no saddle soreness issues. I'm 56 and still get totally hard and have explosive orgasms. I ride at least 100 miles weekly. Cycling does only good things for me.

jafar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The problem with bikes is not where the seat presses on the balls. It is because your whole body is supported by a relatively area where the root of the penis touches the saddle, and there are a lot of nerves surrounding that area, too. Bikes are bad news for potency and the seats can do very little to improve the situation.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In 1970 I bought a 1959 all chrome Frejus Italian downhill racing bike with a long wheel base, for better control on descents, and sew-ups. I bought a Unicanitor(sp) hard nylon saddle because it was light and waterproof. I used it for daily commuting, often in the rain, and rode it across the US in 1972. I put over 10,000 miles on that bike but I have only used it a couple of times in the last 20 years. I never had a problem with ED, pain or prolonged numbness. The trick is to get the seat angle right, be in a comfortable pedaling position and to sit up and stand up on the pedals once in awhile to get a break.

During my trip across the US, about 3,500 miles total, I generally rode about 65 miles a day, my longest day was 115 miles.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
During my trip across the US, about 3,500 miles total, I generally rode about 65 miles a day, my longest day was 115 miles.
Bravo! That's a big accomplishment. I'm doing the Ensenada to Rosarito 50 mile ride next weekend for the second time. It's so much fun!

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bikes are bad news for potency and the seats can do very little to improve the situation.

That's bs.

Cycling is a great way to exercise and exercise is always good for potency. Those who suffer from ED and blame it on cycling are either using the wrong seats, the wrong seat position or have other issues.

matt19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd rather not submit my prostate to the pounding that area takes while cycling.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love a good bout of self-satisfaction after biking a couple hours.

(if that ain't proof of my ability to maintain an erection after biking, then I don't know what is.. lol)