Bicycling - impotence

B_Jordan85

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can any long-term bicyclists comment on this. The two have been linked, how has this affected your erection? I ride 24 miles a day so this has become a concern to me.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, I used to do mountain biking on a fairly regular basis, until I heard a segment of The People's Pharmacy in which a urologist reported that the majority of irreparable injuries to male parts were caused by bicycles. Someone called in and said "so do you have any advice for bicyclists about how to avoid irreparable injury to their male parts?" and the doctor said "STOP BIKING." I did. Scared the hell out of me.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
I am not a bicyclist but I have heard that riding frequently for extended time periods can cause issues in males. I thought that is why they developed the "gel" seats.

D_Men_Ted

Experimental Member
Media
you need to get an anotomically designed seat. it will have a big split down the center to keep pressure off the prostate. a Doctpr designed these. Specialized and a few other makers have them. even a full gel seat is no good. they are a bit odd at first but you will just sit on you sit bones or but bones and no pressure on the prostate. I use one with no problems at all.

D_Sherman Shortshrift

Account Disabled
Media
I've ridden for a couple of years now - long distances on a road bike. (2500 miles this season) If you have a seat that is properly measures for your sitz bones it should keep the pressure off your junk. I've ridden 60-100 miles in one day and can still get a rock hard erection afterwards, just go get your bike adjusted for your body at a bike store (not a sporting goods store or wal-mart) an actual local Bike shop-they can get you set up.

Tremaine

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A while ago whilst working as a research fellow in a major hospital in London, I analysed a pile of data regarding cycling and erectile dysfunction. It was determined that there was indeed a causal link between the two, particularly for long distance cyclists. The options are, stop cycling long distances, cut the frequency and or have a correctly fitting seat made just for you and your bits. We have not developed in such a way to sit on them all day and apply such pressure as occurs in a long distance bike ride.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you need to get an anotomically designed seat. it will have a big split down the center to keep pressure off the prostate. a Doctpr designed these. Specialized and a few other makers have them. even a full gel seat is no good. they are a bit odd at first but you will just sit on you sit bones or but bones and no pressure on the prostate. I use one with no problems at all.

Those seats work great,and saved me from doing permanent damage.Been using them for about 15 years now.:wink:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I have personally known people who have had problems from bicycles and cycling. There are of course many causes of problems, but the most common ones relate to the position and quality of the seat.

If the tongue or front portion of the seat and the frenum is supporting weight you are headed for problems. If the weight is being supported by your "cheeks" you are far less likely to end up with a case of "limp noodle syndrome".

Exercise is good and bicycling can be good exercise. The main thing here is education with regards to the things within the sport that cause the problems.

There are many cyclists who have zero problems at all. It takes the right combination of events to do the damage. It is not guaranteed nor is it a "given".

D_Felix the Bat

Experimental Member
Media
Been riding moutain bikes for years now, no problems so far. I use WTB's brand of seat with the groove down the center, and cycling shorts when riding. Take a regular pair of pant/jeans and lay them on a table and feel how thick the seam is pushing up into your perineum region, cutting off blood flow. That's why you wear cycling specific clothing! And make sure the seat is adjusted properly for angle.

short read on the subject:

Groin Numbness and Bike Riding

Now get out and ride!

Titsdude21

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah it can be an issue. Just make sure you have a "good" seat.

Any decent bike shop will sell you one that keeps pressure off your junk.

misomisomisomiso

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wanted to get one of these seats but it costs a pretty penny. But if it gives me the chance to still have kids why not?
ISM%20Adamo%20Racing%20Saddle.jpg

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I ride most every day and used to be a liscensed racer. No problems. But.....you need to be set up correctly on your bike. Most good bike shops will help you with this for a fee. Or you can research and figure it out yourself.

No Fair!
You probably fold your cock underneath you and it acts like a huge pillow to cushion you when riding.

Men smaller than you (EVERYBODY) cannot do that trick.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you need to get an anotomically designed seat. it will have a big split down the center to keep pressure off the prostate. a Doctpr designed these.
Blueye: You're right. I bought the seat below for my mountain bike. Then I bought a fitness bike and moved the good seat to my fitness bike.
Bontrager: Sport Series (Model #06375)

I bought a road bike a year and a half ago. It came with a torture-inducing racing seat. It had to go. I tried several anatomically correct racing seats, but I couldn't stay in the saddle long enough. I ended up getting another Bontrager seat like the one in the link above. It may not look fancy on a high end road bike, but it gets the job done. Between both of my bikes, I've ridden 13,000 miles in the last 5 years. All my parts still work well, so riding a bike has only helped me. You can't go wrong for $35.

dieniekes

1st Like
Media
My father rides over 5,000 miles a year, and I am an avid triathlete and either of us have any problems.

To phrase it how my father likes to: around 2% of long distance cyclists have erectile issues. The percentage of men who don't get at least an hour of physical activity per day who have erectile issues, you ask? Somewhere around 40%.

FastErik1973

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I must be weird because when I get done riding I am so horny. It has the reverse effect on me. Maybe since I love wearing lycra and the way it makes my cock feel. Also riding with hot chicks wearing lycra gives me a bonner. It seems to improve my blood flow I also make sure I stand up from time to time. If you sit the whole time I think that's when you might get a problem like that. I was riding 200 miles a week and having sex 3 times a week.

FastErik1973

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I ride the stationary bike at the gym my balls go numb as does my taint. If I ride a little longer my dick goes numb too.

I don't ride it often. Its treadmill for me.

If your balls go numb that means you are not sitting on your proper. Check your seat height and your foward to back postion and the up and down pointing of the seat. I would say you are sitting to far foward on the nose or maybe your seat is to high forcing you to sit on the nose on the seat. I rode a 100 gram carbon seat with my problems it all about sitting on your seat bones not your bag. My friend had the same problem as you once I adjusted his sit no more problem. Like you said if you can't fix it just run instead plus you will burn more kcals running.