Biden Gaffes in Foreign Policy Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Joe Biden Ad-Libs His Way Into the Headlines Again

Thursday, September 25, 2008
    By Brit Hume
    Fox News

Senator Joe Biden was reading through a speech on foreign policy in Cincinnati Wednesday when he suddenly departed from his prepared text.
    The Democratic vice presidential nominee criticized John McCain for opposing negotiations with Iran, saying, "After seven years... the Bush administration realized the absurdity of its own policy and sent our leading diplomat to Iran. The assistant secretary of state as he went to Tehran, sat down at the instruction of the president of the United States."

Oops.

No such meeting ever happened. There was a meeting with Iran but it was Undersecretary William Burns and it was in Switzerland — not Iran — and Burns merely sat in on discussions between Iranian representatives and other international diplomats. Burns had no negotiating role and was just an observer.

And, U.S. diplomats had previously met with Iran anyway, at a lower level in Iraq to discuss issues related to Iraq.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    NOT EVEN CLOSE to the dispaly of ignorance and inanity Palin displayed during her interview with Katie Couric. Are you going to call Couric sexist for asking questions?

3. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Of course! Did you not get your republican-reality dictionary in the mail? If someone asks a republican a tough question, it's cuz they're mean and sexist. And Alaskaist.

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Wow. That's a redirect if I ever saw one.

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Senator Biden knew what he was talking about.......he mis-spoke..........Governor palin doesn't have a clue of what she speaks!

6. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    *Scratches head* You know, I'm all for the fun that can be obtained through some good no-holds-barred cross party bashing(It really gets information flowing until people get angry). But this just strikes as factual oops, we've all done it at some point, especially as we get older. Republicans, Democrats, Independent, Green, and Non-partisans alike do it all the time. Extreme sides on both sides love to pull this stuff out and fluff it up, but as soon as you cut into it you see how hollow this sort of thing really can be.

Interestingly, it does go to prove that if you over-whip your wet ingredients, it can cause your souffle to collapse.

7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Biden is king of the gaffes... he actually knows what he is talking about, but his mouth sometimes just goes about on it's own! lol!!!

8. arrivaderciroma

arrivaderciroma New Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

9. B_New End

B_New End New Member

It was actually in Switzerland, not Iran!
    OMG, what a stooge!

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Do you really want me to start posting McCain's DAILY gaffe? LOL Come to think of it.. thats a damn good idea.

11. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    More disappointing was his apparent ignorance of who was POTUS during the 1929 market crash (as he was commenting on the current financial meltdown).

That's schoolchild's knowledge and as domestic as it gets.

12. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Oh I get it he mis-spoke!
    Again
    Again
    Again
    Again
    Again
    Again

nice try.

13. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I found the Biden quote:

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television
    and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened,'"

I especially like the "television" piece...in 1929!

Unlike Bill, I think Joe did inhale.

14. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Trinity, at the risk of seeming sexist, please ease back a bit. This is getting ridiculous.

I was just waiting for the sexism card to be played. Palin isn't too bright. She's heavily coached for her debates and interviews, and when she veers into new territory you finally see how moronic she is.

Her issues with Biden can easily be solved with an old-fashioned sauerkraut wrestling match. It's her issues with the Middle East, Islam, over-drilling, abortion, family values, earmarking, and that Bridge to Nowhere that bother me.

I become especially concerned when she speaks with such hatred about the war, and how she mentions religion and the war in the same sentence. It's not a 'holy war'.

15. houtx48

Gold Member

joe could claim to be mary queen of scots and still be a better than palin and the retard

16. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Joe Biden Ad-Libs His Way Into the Headlines Again

Thursday, September 25, 2008
    By Brit Hume
    Fox News

Senator Joe Biden was reading through a speech on foreign policy in Cincinnati Wednesday when he suddenly departed from his prepared text.
    The Democratic vice presidential nominee wished all present a happy Tuesday. In reality, it was Wednesday. The McCain camp was quick to point out the gaff as evidence of Biden's lack of credence, providing text that illustrated Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin did know the accurate day of the week.

17. D_Tintagel_Demondong

The truth comes out! What a massive Gaffe! This is almost as bad as Biden's hiccup in 2005. You've changed my vote.

Draft saved Draft deleted