Biden is gonna destroy Palin...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobabooey69, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Verbally of course. :biggrin1:

I kinda wish there would be more than just one VP debate, and I am certain the Reps are gonna try and block certain "topics" from being brought up.

But Biden is a debating juggernaut, we'll see if the "lipstick pitbull" has any teeth. :wink:

2. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:

I hope you're right. All too often in American politics, the people go for that folksy, "aw shucks" marlboro man thing (a la George W Bush v. Al Gore--nevermind Bush's Andover/Yale educatio)--the question may be will the same public be swayed by an "aw shucks" marlboro woman? IDK... we'll see

#2 hottcjimmyv, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I don't think any topics should be off limits and I'd like to think none are. And, yes, I think you're right. The only one who could hurt Joe is Joe.

4. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree, it will be a case of Biden screwing up an leaving Palin open to attack. If he doesn't she's got little ammo. I wouldn't be suprised if she does better than you expect though, as that's a lofty expectation of anyone, to plug all holes.

5. sargon20

Gold Member

Don't worry the spinmeisters will have Miss-Switch-Schools-Six-Times loaded up with one sentence 'zingers'. We know voters love zingers. It really helps them understand better.

6. edonline

Gold Member

Would it be asking to much to hope for Joe Biden to pull out his cock at the VP debate and say to Palin, "Suck it"? :)

7. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    She has proven that she can look cute while delivering zingers through a teleprompter....lets see how she performs live.

This oughtta be better than Britney at the VMA's ;)

8. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

I think you've been smoking crack again

9. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Biden's debatable debating skills apparently did help him garner a whopping 75,000+ votes in the course of the primary.

HRC's superior debating skills were evidently not sufficient to ensure her victory either.

Who voted for Senator Biden if I may ask?

10. hottcjimmyv

hottcjimmyv Member

Albums:
    actually his strategy fro iraq was my personal favorite: he felt, during the primary, if Iraq is gonna work, its gonna have to be a loose confederation of three separate states.

11. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:

...and which one would get "our" oil, I wonder...

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Let's just hope that nobody gives Biden a few shots of Jack Daniels before the debate... :biggrin1:

13. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

The people of Delaware many, many times. Who voted for Palin if I may ask? A tiny town and half the votes of a state with an extremely small population, once for governor.

14. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

The problem is that's what everyone will say, "Better look out, Biden's going to rip Palin a new asshole." But then she'll hold her own -- although she'll say nothing of substance and probably get a few facts wrong, she'll manage to avoid complete public embarrassment, and everyone will say, "Wow, Palin did pretty well." And that's all the 90% of voters who didn't watch the debate will know -- that the media said Palin did pretty well in her debate with Joe Biden.

15. JustAsking

Gold Member

Yes, that is right. Biden is astute enough to know that Iraq is much like the Balkan states, the USSR, and Africa, which were countries that were put together from disparate cultures as client states to colonial powers.

Once formed, these countries are held together by force, sometimes brutally, and disparate groups and even bitter enemies are forced to coexist as part of the same country.

Historically, these artificially formed countries fall back into their original separate countries whose borders more closely match the original disparate cultural groups that were forced together to begin with.

This is why we once again have countries like Georgia, Serbia, and countless countries in Africa.

If you want to know what is the cost of a having a President or VP who is not good on foreign policy, or worse, rejects the expertise of those who do, then just look at the situation in Iraq. Bush and his boys were either ignorant or willfully ignorant of this lesson that history teaches us over and over again. That Bush was surprised that Iraq fell into sectarian violence once the cork was pulled on the oppressive Baath party's stranglehold is completely shameful. The Iraqui and American lives lost, both military and civilian is the direct result of collossal ignorance and a deliberate policy to go with gut instinct and ideology over the obvious lessons of history.

Any Iraqui government that is put into place will be holding Sunnis, Shia, and Kurds, all who are bitter enemies, together by force in an unnatural alliance. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there are strong cultural forces at work tending towards restoring the region to its partitions formed around thousand year old cultural identities.

It is a crying shame that Americans are so ignorant of this lesson from recent history that all we can do is think that Biden is crazy when he simply recommends what is an already very probable outcome in Iraq.

If you want more of this kind of stunningly inept blundering foreign policy then elect the people who were working hard last week in their convention appealing to the American people that they would do a better job because of their lack of experience and the fact that the are just like you and me, rather than like Obama and Biden who actually use their brains.

Draft saved Draft deleted