Biden preparing Obama supporters for the same thing Bush faced!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1BiGG1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Now isn’t this interesting! Here we have Biden telling Obama supporters they will face the same thing Bush faced when he did something about Saddam fucking US for over a decade!

Political Radar: Biden to Supporters: "Gird Your Loins", For the Next President "It's Like Cleaning Augean Stables"

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Not only will the next administration have to deal with foreign affairs issues, Biden warned, but also with the current economic crisis.

"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

The Delaware lawmaker managed to rake in an estimated $1 million total from his two money hauls at the downtown Sheraton, the same hotel where four years ago Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., clinched the Democratic nomination. Despite warning about the difficulties the next administration will face, Biden said the Democratic ticket is equipped to meet the challenges head on.

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

"You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

one of the reasons Obama scares me sh**less

wonder what he'll do to further undermine America's security and future

3. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

No doubt! I said this in another recent post saying I am concerned if Obama gets the White House because .... "Vladimir Putin, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Kim Yong-il, Hu Jintao to name a few along with others right on down to small-time, two-bit-piece-of-shit players like Hogo Chávez' will walk all over that puppy like he’s a newborn lamb amongst a pack of wolves.

I’m not religious but God Save America if that travesty happens!" ..... and my opinion has not changed.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

All of the previous posters need to get out of the USA for extended periods and broaden their world views. You all seem to get your political opinions from WWII John Wayne movies. The world is a much different place than it was in the 1950's. Sadly, it appears none of you have practical experience with foreign governments, cultures, and languages other than English. Truly sad. No wonder the USA is so far down the rung on having a well-educated citizenry. And 'Mericuhns are "shocked" that they are unable to compete in the world markets. Tsk, tsks, and shame.

5. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Let’s face it, it’s a dog-eat-dog world out there and here in the USA apparently everybody in a certain political party seems to think George is the only dog when it would be truly nice if they participated in reality and looked around a little. :wink:

6. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    topic diversion

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

But still true. :rolleyes:

8. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnyways.

I saw this earlier, and I don't know what to make of it. I'm not sure it's a prediction vs. some caveat. Not sure why you need to remind folks there will be some tough/unfavorable decisions. If you are trying to set expectations in that regard, do it after the election. Just does seem a bit odd.

9. Flashy

Gold Member

how would you know? I bet you don't travel alot based on your financial difficulties that you are always lecturing me about.

Have you ever travelled abroad? Oh...wait a minute...would that be a need, or a want? :scratchchin:

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

This time, Flashy, you've stepped into it.
    I have travelled to Canada, Mexico, Portugal, Italy, Thailand, Vietnam, Jordan, Israeal, Hong Kong & Switzerland all within the last 5 years. And I've been to Brazil 3 times in the last year. Canada 4 times in 3 years. And Portugal 6 times in 5 years. Next year, I shall be doing Amsterdam.

You forget... I have my own business. And with this business, I sometimes do a lot of traveling. Which basically means, I'm PAID to go to these areas and perform my services. I'm sure you won't understand how a person who doesn't make as much as you can be such a jet setter. Let's just say that my talents in my field of work are well known and worldwide.

But thanks for again trying to inject some lame rich man/poor man argument into this. Why don't you stop hugging my nuts and go hug your portfolio? Considering the plummet of our economy, you should be paying more attention to that instead of me. :rolleyes:

#10 B_VinylBoy, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  11. Flashy

Gold Member

actually, what everyone here seems to be saying, is that nobody is worried how Obama is going to deal with western europe or australia, or Japan or friendly nations...everyone is worried about how he will deal with enemies and hotspots.

and less face it, how many of us here (or the other "elightened" worldview types) have actually been to Iran, Syria, Sudan, Afghanistan, PAkistan and North Korea, to immerse themselves in and have practical experience with "foreign governments, cultures and languages"

going to Spain and Belgium is one thing...i bet not too many folks here, including you, have ever been inside North Korea.

whether or not america has well-educated citizenry, which we obviously don't is irrelevant to whether or not Obama can handle a world spinning out of control.

Say what you want, but most of the people involved in foreign policy in an Obama adminsitration, will in fact be either new, inexperienced friends and confidantes of his or/and a cadre of remnants of the foreign policy team leftover from the Clinton administration.

Clinton's success domestically, as president, was certainly not duplicated on the foreign level...Bosnia, Somalia, Rwanda, North Korea, Iraq, islamic terrorism...all occurred under the watch of the Clinton foreign policy team.

Considering these leftovers and Obama's foreign policy buddies will be back, does not exactly inspire alot of confidence.

it may not be the 1950s anymore...but this, ironically is an even more dangerous time.

back then, the world was divided pretty starkly between NATO and the Warsaw Pact...

now it is a mess of entanglements, bitter civil wars, genocide, terrorism, and a host of other issues.

just because there are americans who are dumb, does not change the fact that North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, North Korea, Venezuala, Sudan, are major problems, that must be dealt with, and having a neophyte with a less then inspiring foreign policy team, is a scary prospect.

What will Obama do, if China attempts to subdue Taiwan? What will he do about Iran? What if Russia threatens Ukraine? What will he do in the event of a conflargration between Iran-Israel-Lebanon-Syria/Hamas/Hezbollah? What will he do to stop the madness in Darfur? Do you think he can lean on China with any authority?

What about Pakistan and Afghanistan?

there are a host of issues, that i have little confidence in any american administration dealing with, but at least with McCain, people that we need to fear us would fear us, which, like it or not, is in fact useful when dealing with certain regimes...alot of these folks are not going to be intimidated by Obama at all.

ANd no, he is not similar to JFK in that regard. JFK was a war hero and served with distinction for 4 years, earning numerous medals and citations for bravery.

6 years in the house and 8 in the senate worth of experience, plus his military record didn't even give opponents pause in testing Kennedy...

i doubt other forces in the world are going to be intimidated by the former president of the Harvard Law Review, community organizer and 3 years in the Senate, most of the time on the campaign trail.

But he does text with Scarlett Johansson...so i guess that is something for Putin to worry about. :rolleyes:

12. Flashy

Gold Member

so were those trips wants or needs? you didn't have to spend all that money...but you did.

amazing how much time you can get off from your job in computer sales, to run your own company, and can travel all over the world on 23 grand a year....aren't you the one who claims he cannot even go to movies and must invent new methods of home entertainment to amuse himself?

Methinks, you are a liar...

either that or you have alot more money than you claim, and just want more at someone else's expense.

amazing that you can get abroad 19 + times in the last couple of years...i guess it is all part of the business you have...which doesn't make any money, apparently according to you.

I would hardly consider business travellers who make 23k a year "jet setters"...since you are not taking a private plane (or are you? How do you pay your Netjets yearly subscrition making only 23k a year?)

the term "jet set" refers to the type of people who have private jets, btw, and only recently, when people like you with the P.Diddy image of wealth, have begun using it as a be-all terminology for any wealthy traveller has it come to be used so loosely.

me thinks i have stepped in it indeed...a big pile of B.S.

and since you obviously don't have a good memory, my portfolio is fine...all cash, with some fixed income and hedged gold futures...no problems, but thanks for thinking of me, oh Globetrotting poor guy who really needs a tax cut so badly :rolleyes:

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You miss what I stated before. People pay me to go to these areas. That's part of my business... as a DJ.

I never exposed all of the money that I do make. That's because that is none of YOUR business. But if you need to know, I have a day job at a computer store, but I also run a side business as a DJ/Producer and I own my own digital download record label. The money that I make in music isn't enough to live off of alone, but it's enough to help me get the things that I want. As for my traveling... if you want to check out my passport, come visit me at my day job. I'll bring it so that you can go through all the pages and see all the stamps and Visas, and then you can get to steppin' with your bitter ass. It's your call. You DO live in Jackson Heights, which is not far from Manhattan.

Sorry, dear. I know how to make my OWN money and it doesn't require me to use or exploit anyone else.

Not enough to live by alone, but it's getting there slowly but surely.

Might not be a private plane, but the majority of my travel expenses are taken care of.

Whatever, son. I can call what I do whatever I want. I've earned that on my own. And there's nothing you can say about that.

You did more than step in it.

Like I honestly give a fuck. :rolleyes:

You're the one who came into this thread riding my jockstrap Flashy. How about this... while you try to figure out how I've learned ways to get what I want without doing the same old, typical, boring bullshit that you subject yourself to, I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to hear your jealous, hate-ridden response. Sounds nice, doesn't it? Yeah, I think it does! :rolleyes:

14. Flashy

Gold Member

LOL...I don't live in JAckson Heights dumbass...Randy Watson lives in Jackson Heights...I live in Manhattan

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well, what do you know... So do I! And I only live a few blocks away from work. That really eliminates all the excuses now. Shall I bring my passport to work tomorrow so you can see the truth? Or are you gonna continue to hide behind your pathetic "sexual chocolate" persona and keep serving empty handed insults.

The choice is yours, "Flashy". :rolleyes:

16. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Well said bear!
    QFT! How is it that all of you guys who support that megalomaniac MCain have forgotten what a horrendous temper he has? I don't want someone who can't even control himself with a reporter making decisions on what action we will take if another country disagrees with us.
    cigarbabe:saevil:

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

you do indeed seem to miss the point

Obama partakes of and espouses the liberal canon, which requires the disregard of objective reality to comply in behaviour and belief with its axioms; couple that with his non-American background, which presumably would color his view of the Islamic world, for example, and you have a fellow dangerously lacking the grasp of reality it will take to deal with the very dangerous world we live in

Examples of stupid policy moves that one might expect from him, are from similar liberals: Carter's giveaway of the Panama Canal, now in Chinese hands; Clinton's acquiesence in the sale of computer and missile launching technology to China, now being deployed in the PLA's build-up and development

Did Clinton really think the technology would not be used for military purposes?

Does Obama think he can really talk and reason with nations like Iran and North Korea?

If he is preparing an onslaught on the Pakistan border, greater that what has been conducted under the Bush Administration, does he not anticipate what the ramifications would be?

Does he not see the logic behind the SCO?

no

let's not encourage the bear

#17 B_Nick4444, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  18. Flashy

Gold Member

i don't question your travels. If you say you have travelled, then you have. I simply dispute the fact that things are so tough all over for you when you travel all over the world with such regularity that one would think such a popular DJ wanted all over the world would be making a hell of alot more than 23 grand a year.

who is hiding behind a "persona"? Randy Watson, as you know, is the lead singer of Sexual Chocolate, from Coming to America. he is "Jackson Heights' Own"...he is my favorite Eddie Murphy character of all time, so what is the problem, exactly?

you are a black guy who has some weird white adolescent emo type anime character as your avatar, and i am a white guy who has Randy Watson, the funniest character in Coming to AMerica.

What "persona" am i hiding behind? If you can't handle the hilarity that is Randy Watson i feel bad for you...

besides, i thought you were putting me on your dreaded ignore list?

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Post one - I bet you don't travel alot based on your financial difficulties that you are always lecturing me about.
    Post two - Methinks, you are a liar...

Clearly, you're questioning it. Don't try to back out of it.

Oh, now you're saying it? :rolleyes:

You obviously don't know a lot about the music industry. Even with the international work and the extra money I make on top of my day job, I still don't make huge amounts of cash. The international work, although I've managed to get a good amount of it is not steady enough at this time. Regardless of that, it's allowed me to visit some very interesting parts of the world. There are musicians who make more than I do that have yet to leave this country. I've been to several spots, with more on the horizon. Can't really argue with that.

Despite my selection of avatar (which represents a character from one of my favorite animes), everything else about my profile is very real. The pictures, the location, my age. Everything. In other words, there's no fictional persona I'm portraying here. What you see is exactly what you get. As far as I can tell from you, you're Randy "Sexual Chocolate" Watson from Jackson Heights.

If you want a more detailed analysis, it's a character named Sasuke Uchiha from the Japanese anime entitled "Naruto". The reason why his eyes are red is because of a special technique he has called the Sharingan. One of the powers of this is the ability to see through Ninjitsu. In other words, he can see through the bullshit. :wink:

Oh trust me, everyone knows what "Coming To America" is. We've all seen the skit at least a million times on cable, on rental and on YouTube.

I have... but as they say, curiosity killed the cat. Besides, when someone wants to challenge my integrity I have no choice but to step up.

Attached Files:

20. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Joe the idiot...speaks again

Draft saved Draft deleted