Biden spends more on cheese than on charity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Apr 16, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

In 2008 the Bidens earned $270,000 in income.

In the spirit of 'redistribution' and 'helping the less fortunate'....they plowed 000.70% of that income into charities. $1,885.

What a guy.

What does it say to the American people when the nation's #2 guy doesn't even cough up 1% of his income to charity? Is this a reasonable place to set the bar? I mean, if I whittle my charitable contributions down to match the VP's percentage that should be acceptable, no?

Well, taking into consideration the rest of the Administration's track record on tax returns, at least Biden paid his taxes. So I guess we should rejoice at that.:cool:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/15/white-releases-tax-returns-obama-biden/

2. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

Utter fucking bullshit - what a hypocrite. Amazing.

Agree with all your points here starinvestor.

3. Gl3nn

Gold Member

You can also donate to charity and don't ask for a tax return... so maybe he gave more.

That and he's not obligated to give to charity. In his position...it would look better if he donated more, yes.

4. B_starinvestor

That's funny.

No one is obligated to give to charity, just like you're not obligated to help the old lady that falls down the steps.

Funny thing is...don't you think his CPA said, "Joe, you know your tax return is public information now. This won't look so good."

I won't speculate on what Joe may have said, but whatever his retort...his taxes got filed and the dinky charitable contribution is right there for everyone to see.

5. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I don't really care how much he gives to charity. As long as he does his job...

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

starinvestor: You DO realize it's threads like this that make you a rather unpopular person. This pathetic, tabloid-ish rhetoric is exactly what people are sick of. You'd think the GOP, with their declining numbers and growing silent voice would figure that out. But keep on. 2010 is creeping up on us, and those liberals will be more than happy to take away even more seats from the conservatives.

From "teabagging" to "Cheesegate". Keep those "thread worthy topics" coming! :rolleyes:

7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I always spend more money on cheese then on charity.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

i'd pay star to stop cutting the cheese and to quit begging people to teabag him. charity begins at home.

9. B_starinvestor

How is this tabloid? He filed his return, and it speaks volumes to his credibility as it regards his concern for those less fortunate. I know people that earn $50k and less that give more than Biden.

He is #2 top dog in the most powerful nation on Earth. Is the thought of him setting an example too 'liberal' an idea for you to swallow?

At least Obama didn't skimp on charity. Here's his return:
    http://media.mcclatchydc.com/smedia/2009/04/15/17/Talev-2009-Obama-1040.source.prod_affiliate.91.pdf

Hundreds of thousands of $$ to charity from the Obama household; and they even had enough left to buy a celebrity dog.

#9 B_starinvestor, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  10. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

star, you move from fringe tea parties... to complaining about Joe Biden (and cheese/charity). When americans re-elect Obama in 2012, it won't have anything a all to do with charity Biden did or did not "cough up" in 2008. This is a weird diversionary tactic.

When Obama is unassailable, I guess you take cheap yahoo off-topic pot shots at those surrounding him.

Either you are swiftly running out of material and repeating yourself or you're getting early alzheimer's, because you've already written this thread:

A disconcerting contrast: Liberals and [not] giving

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Come on, star... do I have to explain things to you like you're an infant> And we were making some kind of progress.

We're talking about cheese! Muthafuckin' CHEESE!
    An item that is purchased by most people, ESPECIALLY BY FAMILIES, on a weekly basis from a local supermarket! It makes sense that certain products on a grocery bill would total up to more than some people's yearly charity contribution.

It AMAZES me how any glimmer of common sense can be thrown out the window, all in the name of desperately trying to position oneself above their adversaries. If you cannot see the ridiculousness of this so-called "newsworthy item", then I will officially lose ANY kind of rational thinking credibility you have. Are you and the GOP this desperate to find a reason to spark phony outrage? What's next? You're going to itemize his tax returns and see if he pays more for toilet paper than for charity? Jeez...

12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    As long as he eats it with a good Merlot.

13. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, I'm sure it's French, baby. French wine and cheese all the way: my guess would be a nice Port Salut and a cheeky Minervois or Cotes-Du-Rhone.

14. dreamer20

Gold Member

How thoughtful of you to help that old lady down the steps star.:biggrin1:

That's just what I was going to say::fing02:

Phrases. Clich&#233s, Expressions & Sayings @ joe-ks.com

Meaning:Be generous to your family before helping others.

Origin:This phrase(circa 1380) was first recorded in English in John Wycliffe's 'Of Prelates': "Charity should begin at himself".

15. midlifebear

Gold Member

Headline Item: Benevolent Starinvestor Supports 10 Families Still Homeless After Two Years by Gifting them Bricks of Government Cheese! Stop the presses! You heard it here first. We, here at the MLB Fracture, will keep the nation updated as to the status of each family member's colon as rectums become plugged.

In other news, Bo the hypoallergenic Presidential dog, has quickly learned to sniff out Obama family opponents and pee on their legs. We have an as yet unconfirmed report that GOP operatives tried to buy Bo's allegiance with bribes of liver treats only to quickly retreat the White House premises with freshly stained pant cuffs and the sound of squishy wet socks in ruined business loafers. Film at 11:00.

#15 midlifebear, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  16. midlifebear

Gold Member

I heard it was an insouciant Sauvignon with a bit of Brie. :eek:

17. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think someone has too much time on his hands. I mean, the time wasted looking up shit on the internet to post on a bigcock political forum and then debating said shit, could be better spent helping out at the local food bank.

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well, some of us do help out with the local food banks, and a bit more. :wink:

I'm simply amused that the OP thinks the VP is cheap because, in the OP's opinion, the VP didn't claim as big of a chunk for charitable deductions as the OP alleges he does. Notice, the OP has not offered to post PDF's (with the identifying partz blacked out) of his own fabulous tax returns.

But the OP doesn't have to. He's just motivated by wanting to cause a commotion and attract attention. From where I'm sitting, he's mostly attracting flies. :biggrin1:

19. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge

The Garden of Eden near Union Square makes a truffle-stuffed brie that would make him weep.

20. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    A friend in Paris send me a tin of truffle-stuffed foie gras for my birthday once a long time ago. I'm not sure any subsequent offerings even come within un kilomètre provençal.

Draft saved Draft deleted