Biden spends more on cheese than on charity

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I asked you to very carefully explain how you *knew* that the Biden's only gave $1885 to charity, a figure that you in the OP took pains (with lots of unnecessary zeroes) to point out was 0.7% of their income. *You* stated that was the figure. *You* then insisted that the figure was correct because of their tax return. *You* are shown to have failed the point of the exercise, which was a little critical thinking.

You also failed to understand the meaning of the word "cite" unless your definition is "I linked to an article that disproves my argument."

But I assume I'll hear more backpeddling bluster, because that's how you roll.

Here's your second source indicating that Biden donated 1,885 to charity.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/04/15/obama_and_biden_release_tax_re.html?wprss=44

You're spitting into a tornado. You are arguing against an official tax return filed with the IRS.

You arguments are this:

He may have given more, but only wanted to deduct 1,885
Tax returns aren't a viable source/cite

Well, why deduct anything then?

Unless your arguments improve from that fantasy, let's drop this.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We're talking about cheese! Muthafuckin' CHEESE!

I'm going to be laughing at this for years to come. Every time I'm in the grocery store and pass the dairy...."LOOK AT THAT MUTHAFUCKIN CHEESE BITCH!"

At the restaurant thru. "I'll take the chicken florentine. Can I get that with some MUTHAFUCKIN CHEESE?!"

I don't even pay attention to these tired queens and their partisan bullshit. I know their panties get wet every time they get a chance to express their displeasure with the other side. It's funny to watch though, like two old ladies purse-fighting.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm going to be laughing at this for years to come. Every time I'm in the grocery store and pass the dairy...."LOOK AT THAT MUTHAFUCKIN CHEESE BITCH!"

At the restaurant thru. "I'll take the chicken florentine. Can I get that with some MUTHAFUCKIN CHEESE?!"

LOL! :biggrin1:
All we need is a recording of you saying that.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's your second source indicating that Biden donated 1,885 to charity.

Obama and Biden Release Tax Returns | 44 | washingtonpost.com

You're spitting into a tornado. You are arguing against an official tax return filed with the IRS.

You're continuing to show that you can't reason critically, that you distort others' arguments and statements, and that you'll keep arguing despite being shown (to everyone else, if not to you) that you are wrong.

I agree that the Bidens listed $1885 in tax-deductible charitable contributions on their tax return. I never disputed that. You don't have to keep puttting up links to a fact on which I agree. I am not arguing with an official tax document filed with the IRS. For you to make such a counterargument shows either complete misunderstanding of the issue, or attempts at intentional deception.

You arguments are this:

He may have given more, but only wanted to deduct 1,885
Tax returns aren't a viable source/cite

Ah, my favorite, the old strawman. Twist the original argument into a different one, then go after that one.

NO THOSE AREN'T MY ARGUMENTS. Whether you cannot comprehend, or are just lying to try to make your point is an exercise left to the reader.

Let's revisit my ORIGINAL question. *Carefully* explain how you know the Bidens gave *only* $1885 in charitable deductions.

You claim to know this based on the amount listed as tax deductible charitable contributions on their income tax return. You claim that this is *proof* of a fact.

It is not. You made an assumtion that this was the full extent of their giving. Frankly I don't care whether it is or not, the point was to show that people draw hasty and incorrect conclusions from partial information. You *do not know* the extent of the Bidens giving (that you originally insisted was a particular figure) because you drew an incorrect conclusion from partial facts.

While I don't care if any of the following are true or not, (I only care if they could *possibly* be true) I can list a number of reasons why the two figures make be different.

1. No receipts. Joe can drop cash in the collection basket of a church (say a $50 a week) and more than double your $1885 figure. But he can't deduct it even if he wants to because he doesn't have a receipt and he knows his tax returns will be excrutiatingly scrutinized.

2. No 501(c)3. Joe can give to any number of organizations that provide help that you and I would call charity, or give directly to any number of individuals that need help. If the organization doesn't have a valid 501(c)3 registration, contributions to it can't be deducted from his taxes. And contributions to an individual can't be deducted.

3. Political implications. Suppose Joe wants to give money to a group of people where the public knowledge would imply an endorsement he doesn't want to maintain. Pro-life or pro-choice. Gay rights or faith-based assistance. Pick your favorite political hot button. He can give money but won't put in on the publicly available tax return.

And I never said that tax returns aren't a viable source. So there.

Well, why deduct anything then?

That statement has nothing to do with the argument (despite the possible reasons given above).

Why indeed? The Bidens tax return is woefully lacking in any number of things they could have claimed. Personal property tax. Unreimbursed employee expenses. I personally think it's charming to see the listing for the $15 Joe earned in interest income from his US Senate Credit Union Account.

Unless your arguments improve from that fantasy, let's drop this.:rolleyes:
There's no fantasy involved. You've been shown to fail a simple exercise in critical thinking, you've backpeddled to try to wriggle out of it, and now you want me to drop it to spare you further embarassment.

Tell you what ... If you'll just keep quiet and not try to engage in another round of feeble backpeddling and oneupsmanship, I have nothing more to say on the subject. But if you keep bringing it up, I'll continue to point out where you're wrong.

D_Diesel Oyl

Sexy Member
Media
Channelwood is freaking high - who would not include all their charitable deductions on their tax return?

Or are we to think that they are such amazing people that they actually contributed more than $20,000 to charity but they are so humbe that they only wanted to let us know about a very small portion. Bullshit. They talk the talk and don't walk the walk.

All that shit about Joe growing up in Scranton, believing in the "little guy" and then he gives basically nothing to charity? How fucking stupid does he think we are?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Channelwood is freaking high - who would not include all their charitable deductions on their tax return?

Or are we to think that they are such amazing people that they actually contributed more than $20,000 to charity but they are so humbe that they only wanted to let us know about a very small portion. Bullshit. They talk the talk and don't walk the walk.

All that shit about Joe growing up in Scranton, believing in the "little guy" and then he gives basically nothing to charity? How fucking stupid does he think we are?

Thank you. Somebody that is not living in lala land. Sheesh.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

So charitable donations are the end-all here?

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay