Biden's 'fairness' for kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Oct 15, 2008.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Biden: Its fair and patriotic to share, kids

Responsible 12 year-old: That is wonderful.

Lazy 12 year-old: Yeah. What he said.

Biden: What grade did you get [Responsible 12 year-old]?

Resp. 12 yr-old: an A Mr. Biden

Biden: How about you [Lazy]?

Lazy: a D-

Biden: Well, [responsible kid] its patriotic and fair to share your A with [lazy]. You should take a B and he will get a C. That's fair. That is what sharing is all about.

[responsible 12-year old]: but Mr. Biden I worked really hard for the A, and [lazy] didn't do anything. Why should I share?

Biden: Because its fair and patriotic.

[D- student]: yeah. I deserve a C

Welcome to the Democratic Campaign. Share your 'A' into a 'B''

Thanks Barry.

2. mindseye

Gold Member

Grow up.

3. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

Yes poor people are lazy. Good point, bravo.

4. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Thats hillarious but true :awink:

5. B_starinvestor

Didn't say that. But thanks for chiming in. You're great at putting words in other people's mouths.

6. D_Davy_Downspout

What was your point? Lets drop the cutesy analogies.

Maybe if you weren't trying to play silly games I wouldn't have to put words in your mouth.

7. mindseye

Gold Member

But you did say it. The student who received the D- did so because he (she?) was "lazy": that's your word, even though there are plenty of other reasons why students sometimes receive low grades.

Except that this had nothing to do with actual grades -- Biden's never spoken about any kind of social responsibility involving grade-sharing. So it's completely transparent that sinwin was spot-on and you're lying.

8. D_Davy_Downspout

I know exactly what he meant, he's probably going to ignore this thread now.

9. B_starinvestor

I'm lying? If you walk out of a grocery store, and you get held up at gunpoint - and gunman demands you give $100 to a guy in the parking lot - is that 'sharing?'

No. That's theft. If you choose to give $100 to the guy - that's sharing. No one, No one gets a D- if they try. Anyone will help someone who wants to help himself. Those that demand help -- undercut those who deserve and need it.

10. D_Davy_Downspout

So yeah, you are saying that poor people are lazy. You're a piece of work.

11. mindseye

Gold Member

You lied when you denied characterizing poor people as lazy. You did indeed make this assertion.

12. mindseye

Gold Member

Not only did he say that, but he ended the tirade about Biden's policy position with the words "Thanks, Barry".

Apparently Barry Biden shouldn't be teaching 12-year-olds.

13. B_starinvestor

Nope. I maintain this position: Lazy people are lazy. Some poor people are lazy. Some poor people are victims of circumstance. Some need help and deserve help. Some demand and expect help. That's indisputable.

O'Biden shouldn't be teaching 12-year olds with his version of 'fairness.' Cuz it ain't fairness he's preaching. Its redistribution. It isn't 'fair' to anybody but those recieving the 'redistribution.' Some deserve and need...some don't. But if Joe Schmoe is providing it, Joe Gimme ain't gonna tell him about it. Er, O'Biden is in charge of that.

I'm for programs that benefit the unfortunate. I'm not for O'Biden telling me how to redistribute the dollars that I earn. I'd like to make the decision myself, thank you.

14. lucky8

Gold Member

And since when is life fair? You're not for Obama taking your dollars, and I'm not for McCain taking mine, someone always gets the short end of the stick. The last 8 years it's been everyone but the wealthy, this next 4, possibly 8, it's going to be the wealthy, deal with it, we did.

15. mindseye

Gold Member

Do you object to redistributing your dollars to satisfy a Halliburton no-bid contract? To redistributing your dollars to bailing out AIG? How about redistributing your dollars to the central banks of foreign countries like China to pay interest on the rapidly growing national debt? Redistributing your dollars to buy nicer body armor for dogs than our troops get?

Why do you call it "redistribution" only when it's for a noble and generous purpose?

16. B_starinvestor

Life isn't fair. I agree. Someone once told me, 'the only fair you can expect in life...comes to town about once a year..stays about a week..and then heads to the next county.'

That being said, if you oppose a McCain Admin - I really can't argue with you. But Obama is hammering a small contingency with a big dose of taxes. He is forcing his will on people that are productive and crucial to this nation. How can you argue with that?

17. D_Davy_Downspout

And now Starinvestor backpedals. See, when you make up silly stories, it gives you room to do that.

I love how the new republican talking point is that progressive taxation is some kind of robin hood scheme. If you don't want the government redistributing your wealth, stop paying taxes altogether.

18. D_Davy_Downspout

Nice loaded language. You're saying that progressive taxation is counterproductive to the economy. That makes you a supply-sider.

Burden of proof is on you to show this. Once you've proved it, I'll start alerting the media, since I haven't actually seen anyone else do it.

19. lucky8

Gold Member

Honestly, I didn't oppose the McCain admin until 1)he chose Palin, and 2)our financial system almost collapsed. My view on the matter is 95% of the country is more important than that small contingency of 5%, who are already well off and will be well off no matter what the tax situation is. Right now the 5% can afford extra taxes, while most of that 95% can barely afford the rates they have right now. We are not in a traditional situation here, it's time to help those who are struggling. The Bush admin has been forcing their will on that 95% for the last 8 years, it's time for the system to benefit them for a few years. You want things to be fair, that is about as fair as it gets...besides, that 5% of people are NOT the only creators of jobs, small business creates more jobs than big business, and most small business owners do not make over $250,000 a year, whereas all big business owners and executives do. They can afford to give a little more money right now to help this crisis. Why take from the poor and make them suffer even more when we can take from the rich and have it hardly effect them? Where's the patriotism?

#19 lucky8, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  20. B_starinvestor

Haha. Help me understand how I am backpedaling.:biggrin1: A joke.

I expect to pay taxes. I would be more effective with my earnings than Barry or Obiden - and by attacking a small % of the population with outrageous taxes (that would never vote Dem anyway) they are working their constituents perfectly.

We already have progressive taxes. I've never complained about progressive taxes. Its going to a new level. It isn't Robin Hood, its rape. Funny, 95% of taxpayers are getting a tax cut. Weird thing is, 40% of people don't even pay taxes. They will just get a check, compliments of Barry and Obiden.

Well, the D- student will get propped up. Thanks, Barry.

Draft saved Draft deleted