big balled discrimination !

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok, so even at my advanced age, I decided to take up a sport I have always wanted to try, Karate.  Well, during the membership/contract process, it was stated that due to insurance requirements, a cup absolutely had to be worn.  So, here came the akward discussion that I couldn't wear a cup, couldn't get one to fit.  Instructor was clearly irritated and did not believe my story.  Had to have this same discussion with coaches in High School and College.  Even the new cups don't come anywhere close, not even the banana cup.  Anyone worn a hockey goalie cup (like the Jaffa)...they look big in the internet pix...or should I just sue the Karate school...imagine the testimony in court. :-/ ;D

Tender: will they let you sign some sort of waiver to not have to use one? that may ease their legal-please-dont-sue-us attitude....
just a thought....
well i guess they are requiring you to prove it ;D
maybe instructor was clearly agitated because of jealousy? :-/

Tender

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
I would do this ... seek a smaller venue in an ethnically asian neighborhood, where they arent so uptight and sue-crazy, and join or practice there ... there are plenty of them, you only need to look and you will be getting better instruction from the true source of the schools of martial arts, than from one of the bigger chain schools or the strictly 'american' mentalities of sue sue sue ... as shakespeare once wrote "first, we kill all the lawyers" LOLOLOL ...

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I'm surprised no one has suggested the obvious answer. Get a cup made to fit you; it should be possible, and I would bet that the manufacturers will be used to this sort of request.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Haven't needed a cup in years and wasn't sure I wanted to commit to having one custom built to fit just to take beginner Karate classes...now however, I am intrigued by the idea :D Custom fittings like at my tailor should be very fun indeed ;D Freeballing my way through life!

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing about practicing martial arts like karate is you need to have adequate protection, because sometimes in kumit'e, you can get a couple of good shots, either at you, or you can do the shooting at the groin, and then you'll wind up pissing blood forever. Trust me when I tell you, don't freeball with it. I 'd keep on searching around for a way to get a custom fit cup.