Big cock bad for the soul?

D_James Fenimore Pooper

Experimental Member
Media
Ok, so the subject is an attention grabber, but i have been thinking to myself - as a person im quite demanding, a self-confessed perfectionist, i expect nothing less from others but am consistently frustrated... ok so that might just be pig-headedness - but taking a step back and looking at myself, i seem to be eternally driven to trying to achieve things a level beyond what i have so far...

Spending intense time at the gym, trying to get a good body, having a big cock and being praised at work just isnt enough....

Has the superiority associated with cock size in culture been a dangerous inflator to my ego - or am i just a twat anyway? lol

i expect plenty abuse for the above, but hey, bit of stimulating conversation is always fun!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Has the superiority associated with cock size in culture been a dangerous inflator to my ego - or am i just a twat anyway? lol

There is no inherent "superiority" that I'm aware of associated with having a large(r) penis. being better hung doesn't make you a better person or lover.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
prick8, the fact that you are able to view yourself critically (and I don't mean that in a truly negative way) and detachedly, is a very good sign and shows strength of character. Some people are absolutely clueless about their not so positive qualities.

My first reaction to your OP is to wonder if you actually don't have self-esteem and/or control issues (and I again I am not being critical), rather than behaving in the way you say you do because of your endowment.

And from what I can see in your photos, you are already a beautiful guy.

Last edited:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's nothing wrong with wanting more. I'm the same way. It's good motivation to live the life you want. I don't think he's saying his perfectionism stems from having a large member, but rather he's aware he has something most guys want but will never have. I get frustrated a lot too man, even though my life totally rocks, i still always want more. It gets a little irritating sometimes, but all in all i think it is a good thing because someday i will eventually have everything i want, and then i can sit back with a feeling of self accomplishment when my family has the perfect life.

D_James Fenimore Pooper

Experimental Member
Media
There's nothing wrong with wanting more. I'm the same way. It's good motivation to live the life you want. I don't think he's saying his perfectionism stems from having a large member, but rather he's aware he has something most guys want but will never have. I get frustrated a lot too man, even though my life totally rocks, i still always want more. It gets a little irritating sometimes, but all in all i think it is a good thing because someday i will eventually have everything i want, and then i can sit back with a feeling of self accomplishment when my family has the perfect life.

wholeheartedly agree

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
there's a lot of talking about big cocks but at the end of the fair it's not the first priority

I knew a 10" cocked guy (erm, we used to "see" each other for a while)

he was always dating people but at the end he never had a bf, and then he complained people jump into his bed only for his cock

so superiority my arse

he was very good looking with a 10" tool but I don't know there must have been something with him... I didn't fall in love with him too, and he's not stupid either

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
of course the guy I was talking he's Scottish!

*goes looking for a job in Scotland*

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I get frustrated a lot too man, even though my life totally rocks, i still always want more. It gets a little irritating sometimes, but all in all i think it is a good thing because someday i will eventually have everything i want, and then i can sit back with a feeling of self accomplishment when my family has the perfect life.

Lucky, let me ask you: Do you really think that list is finite? Because I don't. Not for anyone.
That doesn't mean that some people don't finally reach a balance in their lives where they're not actively craving for more.
But it's not because they got everything they ever wanted ...
it's because they decided to pay no attention to the part of themselves that can't help craving.
The craving monkey chatter doesn't have to have a lock on one's attention.
One can just experience it as part of the stream of consciousness and not focus on it.
Like 99 percent of the thoughts that run through the mind.

In other news: The Big Cock Question.
I basically don't thinks it's very relevant to the state of whatever one's 'soul' is.
People's attention does often become focused on their special advantages ... great wealth, unusually good looks, power, lineage, intelligence, charisma, creative gifts ... and, yup, I suppose cock size.
But we've all known people who are rich, beautiful, well born, brilliant or gifted whose personalities and relationships with others were not at all distorted by those advantages.
So sure, it's possible that having a big dick might be bad for someone's 'soul' ... but not in any intrinsic way.
People who are particularly caught up in ego will be constantly playing the games of oneupmanship that seek to focus on such advantages.
People who aren't, won't.
If the size of your cock is a big issue, you might be said to have a problem with your 'soul.'
But it didn't start with your cock.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm similar to you, but I don't get too frustrated that other people are not the same way. And it's a good thing you do have a big dick, otherwise you probably couldn't live with yourself.

A more general question would be does standing out physically in some way drive one to be better in other ways?

I would answer yes. It may seem odd to some people, but I think because I am 6'3" and in good shape, I stand out of the crowd physically, so I feel like I have to hold myself to higher standards, including morally. I sometimes think that if I was average height and out of shape when I was young that the other things wouldn't matter so much. It's like I want my personality, intelligence, morals to match my physical self. Or maybe it's because I don't want people to say "He's in great shape, but he's a dumb jerk." I don't want to give people some negative quality to attack.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Another possibility is that one of your parents constantly belittled you and now you do it to yourself. You feel as if nothing you do is good enough because all your life you were criticized for not doing more or being better. Or something else. The human psyche is...complicated.

Whatever the answer, I guarantee it's not as simple as cock size. As bucko said, being hung doesn't make you a better person or lover. The perception of superiority based upon such an insignificant physical attribute is illogical. Next time you strut around thinking you're hot shit because of your dick, just remember there are several on this site with bigger. Does that make them better than you? No.

solexes

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting debate.

I guess I would say that it has nothing at all to do with "size of cock" and more to do with "size of ego." I've NEVER been one who's "overly proud" of his accomplishments. I've seen way too many people brought low by life. Drugs, accidents, disease, and many other factors prove to us day in and day out - our time is limited. So - its up to us to behave like human beings - enjoy life - not take things TOO seriously - and to enjoy what we all have.

And I don't mean cock size.....thats just a perk.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
To borrow from Cassius in Julius Caesar, "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our cocks, but in ourselves" You are more than a big cock, or should be. And if you are no more than your big cock, it is not the fault of your big cock. Your big cock is a part of who you are; it is not what you are.

D

deleted3782

Its not the big cock, its how you handle it...

There is nothing at all inherently good or bad in having a big dick. However, the way you are treated, and the way you see yourself can be good or bad. Historically, there have been times when a big cock was considered vulgar and uncouth. I wonder how many guys during the Victorian period went to bed wishing their cocks were smaller.

Today, especially in the USA, there's a strong demand for a big cock. I know a guy who was initially flattered by all the attention he got from the size queens. He got compliments, he got offers of money, eventually he got offers of trips...all because of his cock. He started to get a skewed perception of his worth, and he began to resent the guys who wanted him. He began to get suspicious of peoples intentions...that they were all after the same thing. He began to close down to his friends and shut people out of his life...

An extreme case...but an example in my mind how you can listen to the flattery and let things get out of hand if you arent careful. Big cock isnt bad for the soul if you keep a level head and remember whats important in life. Besides, there is nothing cooler than people who have every reason to have a chip on their shoulder (about intelligence, looks, wealth) but choose not to.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lucky, let me ask you: Do you really think that list is finite? Because I don't. Not for anyone.
That doesn't mean that some people don't finally reach a balance in their lives where they're not actively craving for more.
But it's not because they got everything they ever wanted ...
it's because they decided to pay no attention to the part of themselves that can't help craving.
The craving monkey chatter doesn't have to have a lock on one's attention.
One can just experience it as part of the stream of consciousness and not focus on it.
Like 99 percent of the thoughts that run through the mind.

Well, for some people yes, material things do make them content. However, I wasn't really referring to material items with my statement. I believe that if I keep putting pressure on myself to do better and I achieve my goals, that I will be satisified with myself in the end. I view success as not only accomplishing what I have set out to do, but also getting to the point of even attempting the things I want to do, and in the end, living my life the way I want to is my ultimate goal. For me, getting to that point means that I need to stay motivated so I can achieve everything I want to achieve out of life, instead of looking back and saying "What if?" For instance, right now in my life, I don't give a damn about anything material, except my guitars, because I know I am young, nothing in my life right now is permanent, so I choose to not focus on what I want, but rather what I need to do to have the life that I want. I can't just magically be content, I've tried it, it doesn't work for me, it's just how I am. I need a sense of accomplishment or else I feel like just another person in the crowd.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
We all know that a cock does not make a man, but, guys, let's face reality: in philosophy there is the "is" and the "should be".

What should be is that penis size does not affect personality, because it does not add anything to what a person has inside.

What the reality offers is an ago boost for hung guys, due to popular culture and ideas radicated for centuries.

This ego boost could lead to cocky attitudes.

Wrong? Yes, totally.

Real, yes, alas.