big dirigible - please read this then go piss up a rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
What about Ohm's law? Resistance is constant (or at least in ideal laboratory circumstances it should be. depending on the experiment)

Man, could I kill this thread.

An impromptu lecture on the concept of resistance as the mathematically real part of impedance would cause widespread trauma; with any luck, a disaster of Biblical proportion. Don't tempt me ...

How did I know you were going to rear your ugly head when I posted that - I posted it in humour - Ohm's law does not require R to be a constant - it does not stipulate R as a constant - If R is a constant Ohm's law can be used to predict behaviour of materials - I know that - It was a fucking joke, you sad fuck! The first thing that sprung to mind. Now would you please stop being so anally retentive about being right and go out and get yourself a life!!

AAALady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Talk about being anal retentive. LOL Someone was potty trained at gun point. :wink:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, the heat is really getting to folks lately.

Miss B., I appreciate that you believe your post wasn't received by one person in the inteded vein, but text really does a lousy job of conveying subtleties and subtext. Perhaps a more appropriate response might have been to put this in a PM instead of draining the pustule into a new public thread?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think she just meant, go read this and then complete an impossible task... are you gonna take that lying down Big Dig? I am intersted to see what impossible task you can accomplish in standing up to her challenge...

You two are obviously smart enough for each other... I think someone has a crush on Big D... lol!!!!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think she just meant, go read this and then complete an impossible task... are you gonna take that lying down Big Dig? I am intersted to see what impossible task you can accomplish in standing up to her challenge...

You two are obviously smart enough for each other... I think someone has a crush on Big D... lol!!!!

Well - you're half right...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I did not want to PM this, I wanted to say it publically, and I did not want to post it in snoozan's thread - I made an inane joke - yes a bad inane joke and big d just had to bite me on the ass.
In fact I nearly deleted the post because I knew he was going to jump me - which is precisely why I went ahead - to prove myself right. And jump he did. Well - he can spend all day long being right - but that does not, I'm afraid, make him interesting. Sometimes he is - but most times he just bores me to tears. I guess I don't have to read his posts - I may well stop.
Nuff said.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big Dirigible is an insufferable, inexhaustable arguer/fighter... I try and not rattle his cage, I don't have the energy to take him on... yeah, he is somewhat of a bully, but he has a good sense of humor and is highly intelligent so I have the utmost respect for him even if I seldom if ever agree with him! lol!!!!!! It's all good ManlyBanisters... :wink:

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are we now doing threads where each member gets reviewed? I hope it's alphabetical, as that would mean that I was skipped over.

There must be something in the news worth talking about. Did we exhaust the psychic cat story?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
njqt466 sits next to tripod as they share :popcorn: :popcorn: and watch the sparks fly.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How did I know you were going to rear your ugly head when I posted that - I posted it in humour - Ohm's law does not require R to be a constant - it does not stipulate R as a constant - If R is a constant Ohm's law can be used to predict behaviour of materials - I know that - It was a fucking joke, you sad fuck! The first thing that sprung to mind. Now would you please stop being so anally retentive about being right and go out and get yourself a life!!
Of course R need not be constant. And you've pointed out the bloody obvious - it was a fucking joke. You have a persistent fantasy that you're the only one who makes jokes. [Maestro, send in the ClueBot, please]

So you don't get my jokes. That's OK, I'm used to it. You don't see me lambasting you for your primitive sense of humor, do you? Do you think I should start doing so? After all, you started it - you seem quick to lecture others about your superior wit.

So go ahead, put that pain in the ass BD in his place, if you can. I'm sure there's a crowd ready to witness your dazzling performance; anyone who tries to take on BD is sure to garner an audience. It's a spectator sport around here. I'm used to that, too.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Of course R need not be constant. And you've pointed out the bloody obvious - it was a fucking joke. You have a persistent fantasy that you're the only one who makes jokes. [Maestro, send in the ClueBot, please]

So you don't get my jokes. That's OK, I'm used to it. You don't see me lambasting you for your primitive sense of humor, do you? Do you think I should start doing so? After all, you started it - you seem quick to lecture others about your superior wit.

So go ahead, put that pain in the ass BD in his place, if you can. I'm sure there's a crowd ready to witness your dazzling performance; anyone who tries to take on BD is sure to garner an audience. It's a spectator sport around here. I'm used to that, too.

I don't feel the need to 'take you on' - but I would like you to point out where exactly I'm lecturing others about my superior wit. And I think maybe you are taking yourself a little too seriously if you think that when you go off on one and someone argues with you that the rest of the board is avidly reading your mighty strokes of knowledge. You wanna know what's really happening with 90% of those reading *scan scan scan* has he finished yet? no *scan scan scan*

I may be full of inane and pointless shit - certainly the vast majoirty of what I post is vapid - but at least some folks seem to get a kick out of it.

Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.