Bigbull29 and Jason_Els Meet Feet

So Bigbull29 makes it to New York and decides to have fun in Chelsea and Greenwich Village. While he couldn't make it to the New York meet 'n greet, he finally did make it this weekend. After many PMs we finally decide to get together on Sunday. All is well until Sunday morning at 4:15am when I finally get home from a party at my cousins' house and I realize I am not longer 18. To make matters worse, Sunday morning at 10:30am my main PC finally goes to the big PC Heaven somewhere near Redmond, Washington. I have got to get the data off of it and find out what happened. Sadly, the motherboard is fried. Happily, the hard drives are fine. We make plans for Monday instead.

I hop the train to get to Greenwich Village to find Bigbull29 and I'm very happy it seems that everything is going well. I look around a little and instantly spot him. Only he's much better looking than I thought he would be. :tongue: He's got dark blond hair, sky blue eyes, and while he's a big guy, he's not fat. We start gabbing and walk uptown to Chelsea to find some dinner, stopping at Crumpler to get me a manpurse as my notebook sleeve is singularly unsuited to the purpose. Turns out The Bull's a really nice guy. And I mean really friendly, charming, and easy to talk to. He's very at easy with himself and it shows as he put me at ease immediately. We do PM back and forth a bit here, but really I had no idea how he'd really be in person. Some people I know will be who they are when I meet them, others I'm not so sure and before yesterday, he was one of the ones of whom I was not so sure.

I knew Bigbull29 was a smart guy, but didn't know how smart until we started chatting each other up at dinner. We ate at Vinyl, which wasn't bad and though the spring roll appetizer was skimpy (if decent), the burgers were pretty big and cooked as ordered. The fries were really good. All through the meal we're discussing our histories, and all that ventured into theories of life in general. It was a great time!

One of the things BB promised to do was take me to The Eagle. I had never been, and having an interest in dungeons filled with leather-clad men, I took him up on the offer. So we hopped a cab and off we went to a leather bar, both of us not wearing anything remotely likely to make us look like one of the crowd. The cab pulls up, we get out and walk over to the entrance, admiring the Porsches in the dealership in front of the bar. I was a little apprehensive, but BB had been there before so no problem. Only I stopped in my tracks when I saw the sign out front. It was, ahem, "feet night." Yes, if you have a foot fetish, tonight was YOUR night at The Eagle. Needless to say, neither of us had a foot fetish.

The Eagle is a cool place. It's black everywhere, there are mats behind curtains, there are three levels including a roof deck! Any outdoor space in a Manhattan club is highly coveted and we found ourselves out on the roof deck, watching the cops fly and drive by for some reason. What was more remarkable is that we were discussing theology, religion, and history in a leather bar. There weren't a lot of guys around though. It was still early for the most part and the only "action" going on in the dimly lit corners were guys giving each other foot massages. The videos in the bar were all about foot tickling torture. Hmmm. This struck me as rather comical, but I figure that given the theme of the night, and that it was the day after Pride Week, that the lack of enthusiasm among the patrons was due to being just plain tired. This was actually really nice. I don't like loud and very crowded bars so we had a long time to continue talking about sex and sexuality, fetishes, power negotiation, and even our families. I doubt most people think about their mother when in a leather bar (unless it's, "Mother Night," I suppose), but poor BigBull29 received two calls from his mother who was upset about a crazy neighbor who had been bugging her. Being the dutiful son he was, he called his mom back. So not only were we likely the first people to discuss the concepts of grace, the universe, afterlife, and even Mother Teresa in a gay leather bar, but BigBull was likely the first man to call his mother from inside of one. :wink:

Everything ended too soon and we headed back to the village so I could hop the train back home. Things were a little dicey as west Christopher Street felt a little scary to me. I have issues with the city at night so I was probably just feeling anxious, but I managed to hop the right train and make the next, and last train of the day, which would get me to the park and ride.

Meeting Bigbull was one of the best things I've decided to do. He's fun, smart, and really, really sweet and even, dare I say it, cuddly. I'd have given him a big goodnight hug and kiss, but the sketchy guys outside the train station sent my oversensitive danger meter over to red so I refrained. I'm very happy to have really made the effort and made a new friend in the process.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
. So not only were we likely the first people to discuss the concepts of grace, the universe, afterlife, and even Mother Teresa in a gay leather bar, but BigBull was likely the first man to call his mother from inside of one. :wink:

Sweetheart, I'm really glad you guys had a great time. But as someone who grew up in leather bars and who now works in one, you really give us leathery old fags no credit whatsoever: I've had my finest philosophical discussions in such environs. :cool:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glad you mentioned that, Bbucko, I meant to and on second thought I figured it would be shrugged off as bullshit.

Many of the best conversations of my life have taken place in "Leather" bars and "alternative" rock clubs. And much fun ensued through the night.

Onan

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Death to me is one of those dreadful "fluffy sweater" bars. Give me real men or leave me at home, dammit!

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the update on Bull Jason, and since I know you and trust your judgement, i will take it to heart. However, I must say, for a guy that is supposeedly so nice and sweet (in your opinion), he does cum off like a real douche-bag on this site.

Oh well, guess things dont translate well on the net ???

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Turns out The Bull's a really nice guy. And I mean really friendly, charming, and easy to talk to.

He's fun, smart, and really, really sweet and even, dare I say it, cuddly.

It's too bad that the guy you met doesn't post on this forum. Some completely different guy does so under the same name.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sweetheart, I'm really glad you guys had a great time. But as someone who grew up in leather bars and who now works in one, you really give us leathery old fags no credit whatsoever: I've had my finest philosophical discussions in such environs. :cool:

Death to me is one of those dreadful "fluffy sweater" bars. Give me real men or leave me at home, dammit!

Jason--I am glad you and Bull had a good time.
Amen to that!

Seconded!!! on all of it!!!

I started my little leather piggy life (which I'm on temporary hiatus) at Deeks, The Eagle, and Cell Block in Chicago. I quickly noticed that somehow the men were more friendly, had more interesting conversations, and were much more honest in their sexual practices than they were in all the twinkie bars like Roscoe's and Sidetrack. (And this was back when I was a twinkie thang..) I mean, what's the point in standing and modelling and all the games in the other bars? If you want to get down and dirty, just do it! It's not rocket science... unless you're into that. :wink:

Jason, I'm so glad you and BigBull had a great time. I've been a fan of both of you for such a long time on here. It's always good to read about two members from LPSG getting together for a good time and truly enjoying life.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm glad that you guys had a nice time, and I'm happy that Bigbull was able to meet someone from here.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
GOD, this thread has turned so sugary sweet, I am getting diabetes. Cum on people, you know ya'll aint that nice and accepting. Say what ya really think. LOLOOOL

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^^A fluffy sweater bar is anywhere you can meet a man who owns floral print furniture and drinks predominately "female" drinks.

Aaawww!!! I wanna meet Bigbull29. That sucks.

Glad you mentioned that, Bbucko, I meant to and on second thought I figured it would be shrugged off as bullshit.

Many of the best conversations of my life have taken place in "Leather" bars and "alternative" rock clubs. And much fun ensued through the night.

Onan

Odd. Larry Townsend and Mark Thompson don't mention that :wink:. As I discovered when speaking to my shrink (who is into leather) today, this event was sponsored by Footfriends. It wasn't an Eagle event per se, just where it was held. I think that's why we didn't see much of the regular crowd. There were a lot of wallflowers, standing around posing in sandals and flipflops. Very definitely not a night for regulars. That's OK though. I think it was a great introduction because it was the sort of environment I really like and can handle well.

"Leathery old fag?" Excuse me sir, but 46 isn't old unless you make it so.

Thanks for the update on Bull Jason, and since I know you and trust your judgement, i will take it to heart. However, I must say, for a guy that is supposeedly so nice and sweet (in your opinion), he does cum off like a real douche-bag on this site.

Oh well, guess things dont translate well on the net ???

It's too bad that the guy you met doesn't post on this forum. Some completely different guy does so under the same name.

Hmmm.... I think I understand how you got that impression and I might have too if I hadn't spent a great deal of time talking to him even before we met. You might be confusing who he is with what he's into and the type of guys he likes to attract. He can explain more if he likes certainly. I don't feel comfortable speaking for him on this or saying anything more.

Seconded!!! on all of it!!!

I started my little leather piggy life (which I'm on temporary hiatus) at Deeks, The Eagle, and Cell Block in Chicago. I quickly noticed that somehow the men were more friendly, had more interesting conversations, and were much more honest in their sexual practices than they were in all the twinkie bars like Roscoe's and Sidetrack. (And this was back when I was a twinkie thang..) I mean, what's the point in standing and modelling and all the games in the other bars? If you want to get down and dirty, just do it! It's not rocket science... unless you're into that. :wink:

Jason, I'm so glad you and BigBull had a great time. I've been a fan of both of you for such a long time on here. It's always good to read about two members from LPSG getting together for a good time and truly enjoying life.

You're an alum of the Hellfire Club. That's enough cred for me. I'm more than amazed at how many mental health professionals and clergy are into BDSM.

Sadly, there was a lot of standing and modeling at this thing but again, that was OK by me. It gave me a sense of power to know these guys had no power over me because I wasn't into what they're into and because I know enough of the scene not to be frightened of it.

Thanks Simcha! I'm a big fan of yours too.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am totally into the leather bar.
When I get to Texas one of my good gay/bi-sexual male friends are going to have to take me to RIPCORD in Houston as I heard that females turning up on their own don't get a good reception.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am totally into the leather bar.
When I get to Texas one of my good gay/bi-sexual male friends are going to have to take me to RIPCORD in Houston as I heard that females turning up on their own don't get a good reception.

I have found that there are plenty straight, bi and gay women who are into leather scenes and know of at least one woman in my area who has won awards and frequents both the DC and Balmer Eagles.

That being said, my only advice to anyone going to a leather bar is:

No heavy colognes or perfumes. They are frowned upon. On code night in most leather bars, you will not even get in the door if they smell it on you.

Jeans and a black or white top always work if you do not have leather. Boots (on men) are preferable to sneakers (just saying).

Dragon--I think that you will have a good time. Please let us know how it went.