Bigfoot Is in Da House....... well, "freezer" is more like it.

Conference live on CNN Streaming.

They claim three DNA tests were performed. The results so far:

1. Inconclusive
2. Human
3. Opossum

The third that resulted in opossum came from tissue taken in the intestines.

The team are working with two scientists. One is a paleontologist from Stanford, another is a geneticist from the University of Minnesota. At the end of the conference they will present more photographs including dental pictures and are going to have more tests done.

I watched the conference and I have to say. These guys aren't the brightest bulbs in the marquee. One actually filled the first freezer with water thinking that's how you had to freeze things to preserve them. They went through three freezers that way. They are very wary of the body being taken by the government or some other group but have turned it over to this famous bigfoot hunter who has it in a bigger freezer. They took pictures of the teeth. One of the reporters asked if there were incisors and the bigfoot hunter didn't know.

The much-anticipated Bigfoot press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., Friday afternoon didn't reveal much about the seven-foot body two Georgia men claimed they found in the woods last month.

"We want to talk to Tom Biscardi," self-styled Sasquatch seeker Tom Biscardi recounted Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer as telling him. "They didn't want to meet anyone else."

Biscardi reiterated his invitation to FOX News Channel anchor Megyn Kelly to come to Georgia and view the body, and plugged his Internet radio show.

He said there wouldn't be anything revealed Friday except for more photographs of the creature, but promised that he would "assemble" a group of scientists to examine the corpse.

Whitton recounted how he and Dyer found the body, and said that more Bigfoots "paralleled" them as they were loading it onto a flatbed truck.

Biscardi said Whitton and Dyer had gotten death threats from Sasquatch fanatics, whom Whitton deemed "psychos."

None of this was likely to dissuade skeptics, even among Bigfoot experts, who questioned Biscardi's past ventures and noticed that the body in the freezer looked a lot like a Sasquatch Halloween costume available on the Internet .

"It definitely looks like our costume," Jerry Parrino, owner of TheHorrorDome.com, told FOXNews.com.

"This body has little to do with Bigfoot and everything to do with a Sasquatch costume that someone developed after watching too many gorilla movies," warned Loren Coleman , who runs the influential Cryptomundo blog devoted to strange and unknown animals. "The teeth that seem to have been placed in the mouth could be my late mother's false teeth."

"I've had interactions with Tom Biscardi in the past, and based on that history, I would say that anything he is involved in is suspect," Idaho State anthropologist and Bigfoot investigator Jeffrey Meldrum told Scientific American.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Reserve spokesman Tom Mackenzie told the Associated Press his agency isn't taking the claim seriously and won't investigate.

"It's not on endangered species on any list that we've got," he said. -Fox News

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
MORE chance of it being one of DumbCows relatives i think
WHY do these folk come out of the WoodWork.. every few years
STILL.. the TRUTH .. may prove otherwise..either way ..
eventually mankind will get sick of all the supposed sightings and near misses and Proclaim for Sure that so and so IS a designated Big Foot
(by which ever Scientist has the Balls to proclaim such)
Silly men the Govt,s only interested in Aliens
THANKS Jason
enz
-- NZ,s Giant SQUID..was pretty well proven to be REAL--

giant squid nz - Google Search

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't get it, if its suppose to be 3 pm in california then it didn't happen yet. So where are these reporters and this info coming from.

I don't get it, if its suppose to be 3 pm in california then it didn't happen yet. So where are these reporters and this info coming from.

I made a bad assumption. It was 3pm EDT. The site said it was simply 3pm but didn't give a time zone. I thought that if the news conference was in California then it would mean 3pm PDT. But no. My apologies.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
The Jed Clampett clan has made a scientific discovery....

...let's wait and see....

If its a hoax, that a shame because it only shoves back any honest quest to find answers. A couple of hard drinkin' boys who ought to be in a DELIVERANCE sequel being ass humped by a Sasquatch...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I think theres more probability of the Loch Ness Creature existing than BigFoot
Many Countries seem to have at least ONE of these Babies.
(how can that be-when they have not found ONE of these anywhere.. .
at least we Humans cant get our Mitts on Lochy')
enz

I'm not a believer in the critter in the Loch. It's pretty cold, so it can't be a lizard, and if it was warm blooded with lungs, dead ones would float to the top.

A number of sightings in Loch Ness have been proven to be tree logs, floating and bobbing in the waves.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, if Bigfoot did exist, there are not "several of them running around." as these supposed hunters and "Bigfoot hobbyists" have said.

It's a hoax, bigfoot does not exist.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
haha Sure i agree with you Zos
What i was implying sort of is i would personally rather believe in that Fantasy..
29 years old i was travelling the UK on a Honda 90 Scooter.
Came upon the Loch one wet and drizzly misty day
I marvelled at the lovely sight and lived the fantasy spent a good 2 hours just being..at the Loch Side etc..walking around (hoping for a sighting-naaah' ha)
So since then i have Always had that as my Personal fantasy..ha.. rather than BigFoot/Yowie/SasQuatch etc etc thats all'
enz

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, Scared Little one:

Reports have come in over the years involving large hominoids as far back as 1880. They exist in American Indian legend. They crop up in Canada. Footprints have been found. Dung. Strange hair. Audio recordings.

These two Deliverance geeks put on a sideshow to promote their website, pushing back any real consideration of potentially sound research.

Too bad.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
None of the evidence has been verified though. And all the footprints I've heard of have been proven to have been faked. I remember there was a park ranger in America who had been faking Bigfoot footprints for as many as 50 years.

If they/it did exist, there would be some evidence by now. And they certainly wouldn't be frolicking in the forest like the guys in the article claim. They have only ever been spotted alone. Which raises the question - how do they breed? Asexually?

None of the evidence has been verified though. And all the footprints I've heard of have been proven to have been faked. I remember there was a park ranger in America who had been faking Bigfoot footprints for as many as 50 years.

If they/it did exist, there would be some evidence by now. And they certainly wouldn't be frolicking in the forest like the guys in the article claim. They have only ever been spotted alone. Which raises the question - how do they breed? Asexually?

A few things. The footprints aren't all that easy to discount. There are real scientists who believe there is enough evidence to consider that a giant ape does exist:
A strong piece of evidence which suggests that the footprints are not due to a hoax or hoaxers is from Dr. W. Henner Farenbach of the Oregon Regional Primate Research Center. He has studied a database of 550 track cast length measurements and has made some preliminary observations... The Gaussian distribution of the 550 footprint lengths gives a curve that is very similar to the curve given by living populations of known animals without much sexual dimorphism in footprint length. The standard error is very low, so additions to the database will not affect the result very much. It is not very likely that coordinated groups of hoaxers conspiring together for 38 years (the time span covered by the database of track measurements) could provide such a 'life-like' distribution in footprint lengths. Groups of hoaxers who did not conspire together would almost certainly result in a non-Gaussian distribution for the database of footprint lengths." -Roger Thomas' Bigfoot FAQ
The Patterson film remains controversial. There are proponents as well as detractors:

A biomechanical study of the film was done in the U.S.S.R. by Dr. Dmitri D. Donskoy, Chief of the Chair of Biomechanics at the U.S.S.R. Central Institute of Physical Culture in Moscow. He examined both the movie and stills taken from it, and concluded that it showed an efficient pattern of locomotion which differed from that used by humans. Dr. Donskoy noted that the arm motion indicated a being with massive arms and the muscles strong. The leg movements he finds to be typical of massive limbs with relaxed muscles, while the amount of knee flexion far exceeds that of a normal human walk. He concludes that this creature walks is absolutely different from any human gait. - ibid
A detractor:
Along with some colleagues, I had the dubious distinction of being among the first to view this few-second-long bit of foolishness. As I sat watching the hazy outlines of a big, black, hairy man-ape taking long, deliberate human strides, I blushed for those scientists who spent unconscionable amounts of time analyzing the dynamics, and angulation of the gait and the shape of the animal, only to conclude (cautiously, mind you) that they could not decide what it was. For real or woe, I am neither modest about my scientific adroitness nor cautious about my convictions. Stated simply, Patterson and friends perpetrated a hoax. As the gait, erect body, and swing of the arms attest, their Sasquatch was a large man in a poorly made monkey suit. Even a schoolchild would not be taken in. -Dr. William Montagna, the director of the Federal Primate Center at Beaverton, Oregon
As to DNA recently taken from a site in Ontario by the television show Monster Quest:

“On Nov. 7, the History Channel reported that a DNA sample from a Sasquatch has been analyzed from a board of sharp, threaded, protruding screws placed in front of a cabin in remote Canada. Dr. Curt Nelson, senior scientist and biologist from the University of Minnesota, and anthropologist Dr. Jeff Meldrum from the University of Idaho found a bloody footprint and collected hair, small portions of foot tissue and blood from the bottom of the foot from the ‘screw board’ for DNA sequencing. -The Daily Sun

The results were identical to human DNA except for 1 nucleotide poly morphisim. The nucleotide that was the difference is the same difference that is shared with chimpanzees.

The blood DNA said primate, but not quite human and not quite non-human primate. One of the base pairs is deviated. More DNA needs to be sequenced and more primers need to be designed to amplify different regions of the DNA.

They said that great apes share nearly identical DNA with man except for 35 base pair deviation. The Snell grove sample only had 1 base pair deviation. There is only a 1 in 5000 chance that this is human DNA." -Bigfoot Discusions
As to the footprint casts:

Officer Jimmy Chilcutt, a fingerprint expert, had been researching primate finger prints to find clues that would help him determine race gender and sex. His extensive study of primate fingerprints had made him one of only a few people in the world with knowledge of primate dermal ridges. Chilcutt was never a believer in bigfoot, and after watching a tv program where Jeff Meldrum, associate professor of anatomy at Idaho State University, was displaying a bigfoot casting showing dermal ridges, Chilcutt decided that he wanted to examine these prints in order to prove they were fake. After getting a hold of Meldrum and examining his collection he was quite surprised. Not only could he not dubunk the casts but he found that the dermal ridge patterns were unlike humans or apes. The patterns were very consistent throughout Meldrum's collection even though they were made by different individuals at different times and found at different locations. Officer Jimmy Chilcutt now believes that there is an animal in the Pacific Northwest that we have never documented. -YouTube Exceprt of Discovery Networks Content
Here's an excerpt of a presentation from Dr. Meldrum himself discussing the locomotion and physiology of whatever it is that creates footprints which are not obvious fakes, including footprints taken from the Patterson-Gimlin expedition. The accompanying essay by Zack Clothier (it's a PDF), an expert animal tracker, expands on Dr. Meldrum's points.

Last edited by a moderator: