Bigger than myself

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by literquartounce, Jul 5, 2009.

1. literquartounce

literquartounce New Member

Recently I've wanted start some volunteering work. Really, I want to become a part of something bigger than myself.

I'm not really into religion, so that really isn't a good way to get into doing stuff. I'd like to stay away from anything extremely political, because I think both sides are idiotic and prefer a more middle route.

I'm in my early 20s, college student, car available, part time job to pay for gas and things, so donating money isn't something I can easily do. So I would like to invest my time somewhere. I feel like I need to give back to something, because I have blessed in many ways.

Have any of yall ever felt this way? Done anything about it? Anything you would like to share?

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It's a good idea. Let me know if you figure it out. Hopefully the thread will continue even though it doesn't have any dicks in it.

3. justmeincal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do volunteer work for PAWS (Progressive Animal Welfare Society). It's not glamarous work at all, but fullfilling.

We keep an inventory of senior citizens and Aids patients with animals who need financial help feeding their pets. Then we procure food donations from people and corporations. We keep a list of what type of animal food each person needs. We then make up a package for each person and deliver the food to their homes.

If that sounds interesting, contacts your local PAWS chapter.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I do volunteer work, and my best advice is to pick something that really means something to you. My only word of advice is interview your prospects carefully to find out how much money is spent toward the cause vs. their overhead.

Draft saved Draft deleted