Biggest disappointment in '09 - Tiger or Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Dec 28, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Who has had a worse year [political fallout] in 2009 - Eldrick Woods or Barack Obama?

No doubt, both men had horrible years; albeit for different reasons. Eldrick excelled in his career, but caused great disappointment with poor personal behavior and a predator-type, insatiable libido. Barack has maintained his clean public image, but his performance in the Oval Office has been a disaster and has made fools of millions of citizens to which he had made outlandish false promises during his campaign.

I believe that Eldrick may be able to rebuild his career as he keeps a low public profile, and in a few years he may come back even stronger than he was before hookergate.

Obama has set the bar so unbelievably low in 2009 that it almost seems absurd to think he could perform at any lower level going forward.

Either way, I'm sure both Eldrick and Barack will welcome in 2010 with open arms.

The only people that stand to gain if Tiger makes a comeback are the other professionals on the PGA tour - because Eldrick has caused the purses to grow exponentially.

However, we all stand to gain if Obama can perform at even a 'below-average' to 'failing' level, which would be a marked improvement from 'unprecedented failure,' you would think that something positive would happen even if by accident over the course of the first year.

I hope 2010 brings better things for both men.

2. B_bigbanana

B_bigbanana New Member

Barack has the worst year because he influences way more people by the choices he makes. He has let down way more people than 'Cheetah Woods' has and Barack choices effect us whether we like him or not. However, Tiger's personal life is in way more ruin than Barack's. I don't ever think Tiger will ever fully recover from his mistakes in his personal life.
    Barack, in the long run, has affected way more lives for the negative. :frown1:

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You probably won't be surprised when I say that Obama didn't have a bad year......not even close.....

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    True, it could be worse - we could still have that Piece of shit Shrub and Co in office, and be spending zillions more to the pockets of the half dead ex VP.

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting choice of contestants Star.

Barack Obama was sworn in as President of the USA and has has no huge major stumbles. You know, like letting terrorists bring down the tallest buildings in country, or anything like that. Big improvement over the last chap you all gave the job to.

Tiger Woods got caught by his wife fucking multiple bitches and had the facts spread all over international media.

I'd say it's fairly obvious who had the better year and even more obvious that this is one of your stereotypical 'provocative' threads. You can do better. Welcome back.

6. Mickactual

Gold Member

Albums:
    Woods has had far more "political fallout"...but Obama has been the far bigger disappointment (and neither was a surprise).

7. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

i thought that too

8. nowayzomg

nowayzomg Member

Albums:
    I wasn't really disappointed in either, I never looked up to Tiger and I didn't have high hopes for Obama. Though Leno said it well:

"I'm trying to...sum up President Obama's first 11 months in office. He gave billions to Wall Street, cracked down on illegal immigrants getting healthcare, sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. You know something? He may go down in history as our greatest Republican president ever."

lol

9. houtx48

Gold Member

anybody is better than Bush, period end of story. who the fuck cares if wood fucks and drugs himself to death

10. B_starinvestor

11. B_starinvestor

I was going to throw that Miss California contestant in there, too; but in the end she didn't inflict enough damage to be included with these two titans of destruction.

12. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not really bothered by either. Tiger I guess. It's just a bit crap when people come a cropper and have to work their way up from the bottom again. :S

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

First off... welcome back, star...
    Secondly, no mention of Bernie Madoff?
    Somehow, Obama's inability to please a Conservative and Tiger's Legion of whores are worse than what Madoff has done?

14. B_starinvestor

Good point; Madoff is among the worst perps of fraud in U.S. history. Only thing here is that he didn't have a national following before his horrid fall.

Obama and Woods didn't set out to harm people; and Madoff did. Different category altogether.

15. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

Biggest disappointment is the U.S.A. From fraudulent bankers and investors to fraudulent athletes and everywhere in between. All while our national debt skyrockets. All of them milking the system to their own advantage while the average citizen gets screwed, having to bailout banks that in turn are screwing them even more with higher interest rates and getting their exec bonuses on taxpayer money. Fucking outrageous!!!!

I don't have much more faith in the system. Sadly, I predict a complete meltdown in the next 10 years.

16. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

The biggest disappointment? It would entirely depend on what your expectations were. I didn't expect anything from either of these people so neither one has disappointed me.

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Neither comes close to the disappointment of the site staff for allowing this asshat back into our midst. :rolleyes:

18. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

I didn't agree with you about the freedom of speech thing, but you got my vote on this one. The creatues that lurk around on the internet.....

19. sargon20

Gold Member

God your are so incredibly right. Incredible.

20. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Given that the Third World Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama is shaping up to be the disaster I expected, Tiger Woods

Draft saved Draft deleted