Biggest regret?

lifewillkillyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is totaly off topic, but..., what is your biggest regret. This can be anything, whether it was something you did or didn't do. It could also be something you didn't even have control over. For me, I feel like I didn't do enough in Iraq to fight the insurgents. I was reactivated into the Marines after two and a half years and sent to Iraq, guess what, I shot my rifle once to warn a closing vehical to back off. I did find a rather large IED and saved my plattoon before it went off and we took small arms fire, but I never had a chance to fight back. I've been blown up once and had two close calls. I've been sniped (almost) and retook the city of Het from (reportedly) 300-500 insurgents, but I never had to defend myself. I also had the misfourtune of counting and collecting the bodies of Marines who died (my experience on the USS Cole got me selected for that). I did alot in Iraq, just not anything that felt like I had done my job. Any one else?
:soapbox:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, there's always going to be the same answer for me on this one. One summer, I had the chance to work with an artist whom I'd appreciated for many years (in the sense that her work has in fact been a central influence on my own life and career)... and so, this really was the chance of a lifetime.

However, because I was slightly busy (not even very busy, just slightly), I put off traveling to the US to work with her, certain in my mind that, although she had pulled a lot of strings to get me 'in' on the project, there would always be another chance to meet and work with her in the future. But due to essentially my laziness, I in fact never got the chance to meet face-to-face with this person who had been so crucial in defining 'me', because she died of cancer just two months after we would have worked together.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
David, my friend, you are way way way too hard on yourself, all the time. I wish you could see yourself for a day through the eyes of others, and realize how many people you manage to touch with your affability, intellect and bonhommerie. And from the pictures I've seen, you look like a great guy. Just tooooo hard on yourself.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My biggest regret was taking a friend with me to Vegas While auditioning for american Idol. I didn't get to do anything fun because She broke her foot before the trip and I insisted on taking her with me.

To add salt to the wound we never made it past the "first" audition allowin you to be on the show.:cool:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
alex8 said:
David, my friend, you are way way way too hard on yourself, all the time. I wish you could see yourself for a day through the eyes of others, and realize how many people you manage to touch with your affability, intellect and bonhommerie. And from the pictures I've seen, you look like a great guy. Just tooooo hard on yourself.

Thank you, Alex. Coming from you, I take that as real, and it means alot to me.:smile:
I guess it's just been one of those days when my sheilds were down too far.
For everyone else, don't mind me, I'll be back to smartass shortly :biggrin1:

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
davidjh7 said:
Thank you, Alex. Coming from you, I take that as real, and it means alot to me.:smile:
I guess it's just been one of those days when my sheilds were down too far.
For everyone else, don't mind me, I'll be back to smartass shortly :biggrin1:

Before you do, know that you are loved.:cool:

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This isn't nearly as tragic as what some of you are writing...

My biggest regret is not taking ownership of my life earlier. I didn't go out on a date until I was 21. I settled for a local branch of a mediocre public university so I wouldn't have to go out in the real world. I mooched off of my parents far too long. I got a job (but continued to mooch) so I could justify slacking off at school.

I missed out on most of the important teen experiences because of my controlling parents, my weight problem, conservative views of the community, etc. Now I realize that they were all just excuses so I didn't have to take charge of my life.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Chuck64 said:
This isn't nearly as tragic as what some of you are writing...

My biggest regret is not taking ownership of my life earlier. I didn't go out on a date until I was 21. I settled for a local branch of a mediocre public university so I wouldn't have to go out in the real world. I mooched off of my parents well in to my 20's. I got a job (but continued to mooch) so I could justify slacking off at school.

I missed out on most of the important teen experiences because of my controlling parents, my weight problem, conservative views of the community, etc. Now I realize that they were all just excuses so I didn't have to take charge of my life.
Some flowers bloom later than others...

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes David...your sweet, funny personality
shines here in the Forums and I for one
always take note of your posts.

Alex is right. Just because people don't
say positive things to each other, doesn't
mean they aren't thinking them.

You're an important part of LPSG!

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
windtalkerways said:
Yes David...your sweet, funny personality
shines here in the Forums and I for one
always take note of your posts.

Alex is right. Just because people don't
say positive things to each other, doesn't
mean they aren't thinking them.

You're an important part of LPSG!

Thank you sweet lady, for your kind caring words.:smile: They mean more to me than you know.