Bike shorts

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, i wore biking shorts today for the first time. Its like a walking masturbation, it took a lot to keep from it from popping out, too bad it didnt hold it in better.

bike shorts?
like the real ones cyclists wear with the shami pad in crouch?

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear them often enough when I go for a run. Some middle-aged woman looked surprised, and a younger mom said hi.

Yer bike shorts have a pad that u dit on and it kinda faltens you out, the shorts u are wearing r like just gym shorts.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I should clarify that the shorts I wore at the time weren't actually cycling shorts with a chamois or gel pad -- they were simply black compression shorts.

The mother I mentioned probably also could see a little detailing since the fabric is basically a dense mesh and the setting sun was at her back.. lol

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's what I should have worn Monday -- my ass started to hurt after 20, and I still had almost 20 to go.
Were you riding in an organized cycling event? 40 miles is a good ride. The shorts with pads work for ass and crotch comfort, but I don't like my dick being squashed. I rode in the Rosarito to Ensenada 50 mile bike ride in April. I'm not a big fan of lycra, but who knows how 50 miles would have been wearing gym shorts? Most of the riders were NOT wearing bicycle shorts. I have good ones, so I use them.

ieatcats1426

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why don't you guys wear like a pair of shorts over them? I always thought that was their intended use, to provide compression and support under shorts. You wouldn't go for a jog in a jockstrap would you?

Lasallian

1st Like
Media
Why don't you guys wear like a pair of shorts over them? I always thought that was their intended use, to provide compression and support under shorts. You wouldn't go for a jog in a jockstrap would you?

Nope, cycling shorts are made to be worn solo. Nothing under them, nothing over them. The main concern is how the seams are stiched on the shorts, and how they're gonna rub ya.

If you want the padding, but could do without the HELLO WORLD look, you might want to look into the baggy cycling shorts. The advantages of the pads, and the seams are flat sewn so you don't have that to worry about either.

I just wear the regular lycra shorts when I'm doing longer organized rides. Particularly the annual MS 150 mile ride.

ieatcats1426

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nope, cycling shorts are made to be worn solo. Nothing under them, nothing over them. The main concern is how the seams are stiched on the shorts, and how they're gonna rub ya.

If you want the padding, but could do without the HELLO WORLD look, you might want to look into the baggy cycling shorts. The advantages of the pads, and the seams are flat sewn so you don't have that to worry about either.

I just wear the regular lycra shorts when I'm doing longer organized rides. Particularly the annual MS 150 mile ride.

Oh I thought they were talking about using them for running... because that's practically going naked. I mean I would go naked for runs, but I don't think the neighbors would be cool with that.

I don't think under armor designed their compression shorts for this purpose though, and those are the ones I have the most experience with. I know of the padded bike ones because my step mom bikes though.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are lycra fitness shorts for men that are made to be worn as outerwear. Not for the shy guy. They are not essentially much different in appearance from compression shorts. My thoughts: If you look hot in it, wear it; if you don't, pass.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Were you riding in an organized cycling event? 40 miles is a good ride. The shorts with pads work for ass and crotch comfort, but I don't like my dick being squashed. I rode in the Rosarito to Ensenada 50 mile bike ride in April. I'm not a big fan of lycra, but who knows how 50 miles would have been wearing gym shorts? Most of the riders were NOT wearing bicycle shorts. I have good ones, so I use them.

Nah, it wasn't organized at all, just out by myself down to Mt. Vernon and back. It was probably my longest ride in the last 20 years, too. I wore a cycling jersey (the kind with the drop tail & rear pockets) and Under Armour compression shorts. Nice & light, but cripes, the saddle certainly doesn't have enough padding on its own.. lol

When I'm just out to ride, I much prefer tights over even bike-specific shorts. Baggy shorts, or even not-so-baggy shorts, still have extra fabric that gets tugged around and can catch on the nose of the seat. Earlier this year, I wore a pair of gym shorts that I could barely keep on my body because the saddle would always yank at the crotch and pull them down from my waist.

Plus, wearing just one layer of fabric is always more comfortable when it's hot outside.

I'll wear regular-looking shorts if I have a destination in mind (restaurant, museum, or whatever), but when I'm simply going out to ride for a while and come back home, I'm always going to wear tight shorts of some kind. It's a little bit exhibitionistic, sure, but there are definitely some functional reasons as well.

Plus, I got a nice "Hi" from a young woman at a stoplight.. :wink:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The embarrassment helps keep a boner from forming in the first place (at least that's how it is with me). And besides, during either biking or running, an erection is virtually never going to happen since the body is busy sending blood & oxygen elsewhere.

Lasallian

1st Like
Media
I'm way too self consious to wear bike shorts. Not like I ride a bike anyway. I would get mega embarressed or get a boner

If you have the energy to get a boner ... YOU'RE NOT BIKING HARD ENOUGH! :)

Okay, but seriously, 75% of the time that I'm wearing the tight bib shorts is when I'm on an organized ride where there are a couple of hundred other people who are also wearing them. (I also perfer night rides that start at say midnight or 1am ... that helps with lack of visibility as well)

And to clarify my earlier post, when I said I just wear the lycra, I meant I wear the lycra cycling shorts (with the padding) as opposed to the baggy cycling shorts.

Reactions: crusader123