Biker Fests (UK)

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yep, it's that time of year again, where I go on me travles to a number of events in the area.

This years big one, thankfuly is just over a mile from my gaff

:: Rock and Bike Fest Line Up ::

Big name this year, is the lovley Toyah Wilcox, who will be staring in Steve Steinmans's fabulous Vampires Rock, which is a show not to be missed!

Also got a number of others in, like Juicy Lucy, Bad Co, and loads of others, and a number of cover bands.

I'll not babble on much, and let the link above do most of the talking, but if you do come, Vampires Rock is the one to watch.

Unlike last year, the event will be managed much better, and directaly by the guy who's fronting the cash to run this gig (I personaly know the chap too, and I know he's put a shed load of cash in to this years event), and I do know Toyah's lot do not come cheep.

Tickets are £24 each in advance (£35 on the day), includes camping, cars, vans etc are charged extra for parking, gig runs from Thursday 15th Juy to Sunday 18th (The 15th is more a warm up day if you do not want to miss work), full details on the site.

Booking is best done via the PayPal link (I hate TicketBastard with a passion).

Location is just outside of Draycott, Derbyshire, 2 mins drive from J25 M1.

Direct bus is available from Nottingham Boardmarsh (Trent Barton Indigo, Derby), or the New Derby Bus Station (Trent Barton Indigo, Nottingham), get off @ Draycott Square, walk down Hopwell Road (10 / 15 mins): indigo Derby - Nottingham | maps & times - Nottingham > Derby - operated by trent barton

Location here: DE72 3PD - Google Maps

If camping and you need supplies, best off calling in to Long Eaton first (NG10 1NY - Google Maps), which has a 24 hrs ASDA and Tesco's, along with a Wilkinsons and Yeomans Outdoor. All of the Trent Barton Indigo Buses call here, from BOTH Nottingham and Derby (Long Eaton Green / Wilco's).

I'll be there as a trader with this guy: The Neverland Music Company

Hope to see some of you ugly gits down there :smile:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This sounds like so much fun. (except for the camping part) I wish I was there to experience the rest of it though!
Have a great time and report back OK?

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This sounds like so much fun. (except for the camping part) I wish I was there to experience the rest of it though!
Have a great time and report back OK?

Luckaly next to J25 and surrounding areas, there are a number of hotels and bed / Breakfast places, if you do not want to slum it in a field, but TBH, that is the best part, that and getting shitfaced + drunken company if you know what I mean :wink:

As it is, i'm off to a charity gig this saturday with my mate from Neverland's as staff, and a well known local band has offered to cover the gig with a few others @ The Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, not far from the well known Rock City, Talbot Street.

Been informed during set up, free beer / food, so I am happy :cool:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, finally back home, sore arse after ending up with what I can describe as the worst case of the farts I have ever had, which proved itself, when we had a bunch of kids come to me mates stand, I farted, and within 10 seconds, they cleared out :fart:

First off, hats off to the main organiser and good mate, Ben Sherman, for what I can describe as the best fest I have been to, very well run and organised, with only a few tiny little problems on the way, and for being a man of his word to me mate Andy, for getting us a good pitch, and for also sticking it to Erewash Borough Council (Yes, I have my own reasons to bitch about them. Helen Bates/ Pat Bodice, I hope you DIE in a chemical fire :angryfire: )..... you can knock one of us down, but you will NEVER get us all!

In between helping me mate out, managed to see a few bands, with The Ramonas (Ramones Tribute, all girl) being about the best out of the lot, in the indoor stage. Two vids here from RnB Fest:http://www.youtube.com/ramonasuk#p/c/315BC5D9AE61CFD1/1/1nBso7nAWXM Fantastic cover of Blitzkrieg Bop, and a number of others.

Main outdoor stage (Mates pitch was right next door to this, so saw most of what went off there), again a good quality set of bands on, with the Hendrix and T-rex covers which mostly interested me, and Bad Co plus Juicy Lucy also putting in a storming performance.

Last of all, and as expected, Steve Steinman's Vampires Rock..... If you have never seen this, SERIOUSLY get yourselves tickets books for their performances this year in the UK, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

To get a rough idea of them, the easiest way to describe Vampires Rock, is to think The Rocky Horror Show, but with cover songs, and you have got it pretty much bang on.

Fantastic effort put in by Steve, and the forever lovely Toyah Wilcox (Whom by the way, flew in by helicopter in to the next field to the event, direct from another performance in Retford, Nottingham) the good people from The Lost Boys group, and the rest of the cast / crew, very well planned and executed, despite the stage being a bit on the smaller side than normal expected size for the performance (The main gig unit, is a tour bus, plus a massive 40 foot truck / trailer setup).

Again, seriously you need to book yourself tickets to go see vampires Rock.... you will not be disappointed! Vampires Rock Tour Dates

For those who can get to Nottingham October 30th, there is also Steve's new production, Cirque Du Vampires Rock, which both myself and me mate Andy have said we will deffo be going to see: Trent FM Arena Nottingham | Concerts - Gigs - Music - Events - Conferencing

Well, final note goes to Ben here....... how in gods fuck are you gonna top this one? I await with a big joe fuck grin on my face :biggrin1:

Last edited: