Bill Clinton - Favorability Rating

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable impression of Bill Clinton?

• Favorable

Votes: 100 74.1%
  • Unfavorable

Votes: 35 25.9%

• Total voters

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
Clinton was the worst president of my life time, though the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is starting to close the gap. Like a lot of Americans, I'm pretty much burnt out on the state of politics in this country.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Speedoguy,

I said ATF/FBI. Are you one of those conspiracy people who thinks W bombed the WTC using demolition experts?

The mother had no warrant against her. You think its OK to kill anyone that is related to a SUSPECTED and not tried lawbreaker?

Sadam was looking for yellowcake, its a known fact. And where did the terrorists run when we invaded Afghanistan? Iraq. We will find the terrorists AND THE NATIONS THAT HARBOR THEM.

Name an AMERICAN President besides Clinton that has divulged missle secrets to a Communist country.

George Bush fulfilled his military obligation to his country and has an Honorable Discharge. Bill Clinton should have been charged with treason. I never talked to one person, from the thousands who served, who knew anyone who escaped an induction notice. Bill stands alone.

And yet, despite all the half-truths you spout, Clinton is still held in higher regard than Bush, by Americans and non-Americans alike.

But that's ok, you're right and everyone else is wrong... :rolleyes:

gapeachswthrt

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally liked Bush, when he first came into office. I think he dealt with 9/11 fairly well. Now however, he is making some poor decisions. I did'nt like Clinton. I don't give a hoot about his affair because like someone mentioned there are any authority figures that have cheated on their spouses. What was bad was that he commited perjury.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Much of this sort of debate hinges on things we can't define in any useful way. What does a "favorability" rating mean?

Does it mean that we think he is a "good man"?Bill Clinton is adored all over the world as a great President and world leader. I'm sure all of those folks think he is a good man.

. If Aaron Burr had ended up president after the 1800 election, I think he might have given BJC a run for the title of worst man in the office. Maybe.
You have got to be kidding. Bill Clinton was never seriously charged with trying to do anything illegal or immoral except get a blow job which has nothing to do with being a President. And blow jobs aren't nearly has bad as taking actions for the purpose of getting people killed whiich many presidents mananged by their actions to do.

Does it mean we think BJC is "a skillful politician"? You don't think he is a skillfull politician. He carried several southern states. Which other Democrat as done as well lately? He is refered to by blacks as the first black president. You don't think that takes political skill.

I don't think he's that, either. Politically, he was astonishing clumsy.OK, so he wasn't too good on foreign affairs. What he got us in and out of the Yogoslavia area quickly and which war did he start? and why is he beloved by people and governments around the world if he had bad forieng affiarsr policy.Well, I figured at the time, nobody's perfect. How about domestic politics? Immediately after the inauguration, BJC allowed himself to be run in circles by the press. He allowed the press to dominate him right from the beginning. I don't think Bill was the best with the press, but he certainly wasn't the worse.

Then we had NAFTA touted as some great accomplishment - oh look, he managed to get this thing through congress!

Strange, I don't know what to make of that. Democrat and Republican Presidents wanted Nafta. Apparently many Republican and Democratic congreemen didn't. That one is a wash.

The most memorable domestic political "accomplishment" of BJC's presidential career, Let's see welfare reform, some not enough social security reform and the only president since Hoover to leave office wiht the national debt less than when he took office and of course he ballanced the budget. That is pretty good for starters. the one which will be used in TV documentaries about America and the presidency for the next century or more, was when he looked right at the camera (that is, at us, the electorate), wagged his finger, and told us that he hadn't done what we later learned, in spades, he had indeed done. Making a situation worse by his posturing is not the sign of a skillful politician.
You have a point, but the wrong point. Clinton should have explained that his personal life wa non of teh special prosecutor's business and he should hafe invoked presidential previledge. Do you think the Republicans would have tried to arrest him for that. Can you see the head lines. Republican special prosecutor orders the President of the United States jailed for political reasons. That is how the headlines around the world would read. Clinton should have been like Truman and told the Republicans to go to hell in a handbaskeet about his personal life period.

And then there was the spectacle of Hillarycare. The less said about that amateurish debacle, the better.This may have been a disaster. The Democrats in Congress were pissed because a Democratic centrist had won the electoin that thought was not winable and were even more pissed that they didn't run a real candidate. And besides I thought you were talking about Bill as a President, not Hillary as First Lady.

He could never get, say, abortion, past a "woman's right to choose." If that was enough, the problem would be long past. Rote repetition of simple-minded mantras is a job for a TV spot or a full-page ad in the Times, not for the presidential pulpit.

BJC never really said or did anything presidential He sure fooled the entire world except Republicans in the United States if that is so.

I don't believe BJC wanted to be president at all Bull Shit. Clinton WANTED to be President. Yeah he liked JFK alright. Bill WANTED to be President.

So, maybe BJC didn't make very good use of the pulpit. In fact the BJC presidency can be seen as eight years of lost opportunities. It wasn't so much what he did as what he didn't do, should have done, or could have done which defined the BJC years.

I erased your part about Bill not ending the debate about abortion. It was pretty much a done deal with abortion still legal when he took office. Bush has been in office six years and Roe vs. Wade still rules the land. Not sure where you were going on that one.

It is easy to note that you didn't like our boy Bill. And I doubt you wouuld ever vote for any incumbant. None of them will ever meet your expectatoins. What you are looking for is a God in human form. If you believe the Bible we had one and hung him up to die as ai recall. If you don't believe the Bible then there never was or never will be such a thing as a perfect human who has the powers of intellect reserved for the gods.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
The World According to Republican apologists:

If the economy is strong during a Democratic presidency, it's due to the groundwork laid by the previous Republican presidency. But if the economy is weak during a Democratic presidency, it's fault of the current Democrat administration.

Similarly, if the economy is strong during a Republican presidency, the government deserves the accolades. But if the economy is weak, it's the Democrats' fault... somehow.

(sidenote: Over the last 100 years, the DJIA performed more than marginally better when the Democrats were in the White House: Split decisions - Trade by Numbers®)

If innocent people are killed in during a Democratic presidency, the president is killing innocent people. If innocent people are killed during a Republican presidency, the president is fighting a war on terror and the deaths are excusable.

If a Democrat avoids the Vietnam war by leaving the country, he's a coward and a traitor. If a Republican avoids the war by having Daddy pull some strings, he's a patriot. BUT, if a second Democrat goes to fight in Vietnam, he's a traitor.

When a Democratic president fails to eliminate bin Laden, he's weak. When a Republican president fails to eliminate bin Laden in the months prior to 9/11, it's the fault of his predecessor.

And so on...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's funny reading the Clinton bashers, though in a small minority they are very vocal. According to the latest results from the infamous LPSG poll. LPSGicans are 80 percnet favorable to Bill Clinton.

And all but big dirge are n00bs. Gimme a fucking break. Nobody joins this site JUST to defend bush- these are boring recycles, probably of banned members.:rolleyes:

You morons really need to learn to post a few things in other topics elsewhere on the board, so we don't out you immediately. Coopturn, your 22 posts are too easy to read. If you ppl weren't so stupd, you'd be able to argue more effectively.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And yet, despite all the half-truths you spout, Clinton is still held in higher regard than Bush, by Americans and non-Americans alike.

But that's ok, you're right and everyone else is wrong... :rolleyes:

Actually, everyone else in the whole world is wrong, as is the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights. The only thing that is right is the fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible, which coincidentally is NEW.:rolleyes:

These fucktards are going to prove the theory of evolution by making themselves extinct.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That and related crises like Rathergate only dominated American political discourse for about three or four years, so I can see how somebody might have missed it all.

Did they now? Hmmm... You're right. I don't remember that, and for good reason. I choose not to sit in front of my television, listening to the bullshit "conservative" propaganda blared 24/7 on most television and radio stations. The fact is I couldn't give a fuck less about Dubya's dubious "military career" nor Rathergate (whatever the hell that is) nor most of the other shit people call "news". You can stick your nose in the cyber-air (or anywhere else for that matter) and denounce me as an infidel because I don't worship at the altar of Fox News, but quite frankly the entire organization and its mindless (I'm fond of the term "sheeple") followers can blow me. I have better things to do. I know he was in the National Guard. I also know that he's a blithering idiot with no real, effective military leadership ability. Way to go with that "distinguished" military career. What a joke.

W. served in the Air National Guard protecting you, Madame Zora, from the Russian Bear Bombers while brave American soldiers were fighting the Russian-backed Communist North Vietnam troops. Willie was sucking a joint in Stockholm or Moscow at the time.

Definition of a liberal do-gooder: Someone who wants to legally steal the income of a productive person to give to another, usually an alcoholic, drug users, or bum who refuses to work. Lenin, Stalin, and Mao were experts in this area. No one has the right to steal my money for their own pet purpose. I believe in the US Constitution.

We had a surplus because 1. A Republican Congress spent less than the rate of inflation 2. The Reagan tax cuts spurred the economy (yeah, thats right, supply side economics actually works) and, 3. We had no war because Willie refused to fight, letting W. take the heat for his refusal to defend the US. And then we saw the result, 9/11. How much have you heard from Gadhafi lately? Peace through strength, cowardice only gets you hung.

You're kidding me, right? Dubya's never protected anything but his BOTTOM LINE. Russian Bear Bombers. That's rich. Brave American Soldiers, yes. Other People's Children sent to get slaughtered in a foreign country as a policing action... That sounds vaguely familiar. Dubya must have worshipped the Vietnam War as much as you seem to, since he's blithely recreating it for us over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Legally steal". That's another good one, kind of like "Conservative Integrity"? If you don't like America's taxes, too goddamn bad. I cannot tell you how unbelievably sick I am of hearing (mainly white male) people bitch and moooan about having to pay taaaxesss that go to help those damn poor people ... Who miraculously are almost ENTIRELY dirty drug-users and alcoholics and GOD KNOWS, probably have too many kids and refuse to find honest work. Spare me. I am what you would likely term a Welfare Mom. The funny thing is - I work full-time, go to school (that's college - I graduated High School with honors, thanks) and support my daughter entirely on my own. And (GASP) I pay my taxes, and thank God for them. I'd pay more!! If it were not for Government Programs like Food Stamps and Daycare Assistance and WIC, etc. I (and the twenty other Welfare Moms that I know personally who work and support their families) would likely be living on the street, and thus so would my daughter. I know all my wonderful conservative brothers and sisters would muuuch rather I come begging at their doorstep for food and shelter (would you let us stay with you? I doubt it.) ... But logic tells me that poverty is a much larger issue than private charity can overcome alone. All this judgemental, holier-than-thou "Christian Love" horseshit makes me want to vomit. "Give me your tired, your poor" my ass. Kewger, I believe in the US Constitution as well, and I've got two words for you: Patriot Act. Newsflash: your King George doesn't give two shits about our Constitution. Keep voting for retards like him and see how many "rights" you end up having.

OK - no matter how you twist it, Bill Clinton did not cause 9/11. That's... ridiculous. Crazed terrorists didn't blow up the twin towers because Clinton refused to send our military men and women over to the Middle East to blow shit up and get killed. Violence does not beget peace.

Kewger - Please don't try to confuse these mushheads with logic or facts.

I wanted to include this post and thank Dockerking for bestowing upon us so much logic and fact.

I'm still waiting...................................

:firedevil: FLAME ON :firedevil:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Aviation note: It's very unlikely that GWB encountered a Tupolev 95. With in-flight refueling a "bear" could certainly reach the Gulf of Mexico nonstop, but it's a long arduous flight for the crew to endure.

Attachments

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did they now? Hmmm... You're right. I don't remember that, and for good reason. I choose not to sit in front of my television, listening to the bullshit "conservative" propaganda blared 24/7 on most television and radio stations. The fact is I couldn't give a fuck less about Dubya's dubious "military career" nor Rathergate (whatever the hell that is) nor most of the other shit people call "news". You can stick your nose in the cyber-air (or anywhere else for that matter) and denounce me as an infidel because I don't worship at the altar of Fox News, but quite frankly the entire organization and its mindless (I'm fond of the term "sheeple") followers can blow me. I have better things to do. I know he was in the National Guard. I also know that he's a blithering idiot with no real, effective military leadership ability. Way to go with that "distinguished" military career. What a joke.
My, my. Does somebody have "issues"?

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the entertainment value we had to look forward to on the news in those days!

yes, he was fun to make fun of, but have you seen Letterman's great moments in Presidential speeches, or all the George W. impersonators? I like

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Do you smoke weed? yes Take more of your prescribed meds than you really need? yes EVER had an affair, EVER? yes Honestly? Really? (in case you don't get it, I don't believe you. MOST people have had an affair at some point, they just lie about it, even to themselves). Ever beat the dog? only when needed How about the kids? no Are you always 100% honest on your taxes? yes Ever trade on an inside "tip"? no, but I would How about driving drunk, ever done it? yes Ever had relations, regardless of if it went all the way to sex or not, with someone underage that you knew better than to entertain? yes, thankfully it did. to be honest we were both underage but she was a good deal more under than me Really? yes Ever made racist, sexist or generally rude remarks about certain groups of people? yes (anyone who denies this one is a liar) Ever gotten your friend a job by bypassing normal routes? yes Ever let someone give you a gift for letting them bend the rules? yes Ever turned a blind eye and let something happen you really knew you should have stopped? not very often

I'd make an awesome president!

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Do you smoke weed? yes Take more of your prescribed meds than you really need? yes EVER had an affair, EVER? yes Honestly? Really? (in case you don't get it, I don't believe you. MOST people have had an affair at some point, they just lie about it, even to themselves). Ever beat the dog? only when needed How about the kids? no Are you always 100% honest on your taxes? yes Ever trade on an inside "tip"? no, but I would How about driving drunk, ever done it? yes Ever had relations, regardless of if it went all the way to sex or not, with someone underage that you knew better than to entertain? yes, thankfully it did. to be honest we were both underage but she was a good deal more under than me Really? yes Ever made racist, sexist or generally rude remarks about certain groups of people? yes (anyone who denies this one is a liar) Ever gotten your friend a job by bypassing normal routes? yes Ever let someone give you a gift for letting them bend the rules? yes Ever turned a blind eye and let something happen you really knew you should have stopped? not very often

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No Shelby, you'd make a lousy pres. Sorry, but not only do you have to DO at least half those things, but you also have to lie about not doing any of them. THEN you can be pres.

I agree with you that everyone has made racist remarks at some point, my own list wouldn't be too dissimilar from yours. My only real point is that human beings don't exist who would meet with "America's" media-driven expectations. It's completely stupid to expect a politician to be the embodiment of wholesomeness- THAT'S what's fucked up.

Being aghast EITHER that Clinton got a bj OR that he lied about it, EVEN under oath, is the mark of incredible stupidity, and nothing more. This is what [most] men do- they get bjs and they lie about it. Next.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Being aghast EITHER that Clinton got a bj OR that he lied about it, EVEN under oath, is the mark of incredible stupidity, and nothing more.
I draw the line at perjury. It isn't clear in my mind whether or not Clinton knew his testimony was false. If I knew it, it's perjury.

kewger

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Aviation note: It's very unlikely that GWB encountered a Tupolev 95. With in-flight refueling a "bear" could certainly reach the Gulf of Mexico nonstop, but it's a long arduous flight for the crew to endure.

Very true, however, it was much more likely to happen after Kennedy's bungling of the Bay of Pigs by not supporting the free Cubans with sea and air power. Remember how Kennedy said before the election the US was weak militarily and he would do something about the Cuban problem? Well we all know Eisenhower made Kennedy look foolish by stating and explaining why the defensive forces of the US were "awesome" (as they were). Then Kennedy gets elected and finds Eisenhower has been planning a mission to invade Cuba all along by using (and supporting) free Cubans who were being trained in Central America? Then Jack screws it up by not supporting the invasion at Bay of Pigs. We were lucky all of Cuba wasn't used as a base for the 95's.

After the missile crisis was over Walter Crankhead and the other liberal journalists couldn't slobber over Kennedy enough claiming how courageous he was in forcing the missiles out of Cuba, when, in fact, he was responsible for the missile crisis itself by not backing the freedom fighters at the Bay of Pigs. Show weakness to the Russians and you would most certainly pay a heavy price.

btw, great picture of the 95.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not old enough to remember the Bay of Pigs incident.. I calculate that GWB would have been ~15 in 1961. He wouldn't have been in the ANG then.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Normally they wouldn't have to. There were Bears based in Cuba. The planform is distinctive, and easily spotted from space.

Attachments

kewger

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Kewger - Please don't try to confuse these mushheads with logic or facts.

You're right, Dockerking.

As Einstein once said, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."