Bill Maher's Halloween costume

horny8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why thanks.

I will put them on 'blast' and I do. There is a standard to which we're all held in this world. It has subjective standard (or double standard). It simply exists as a standard in my view of things

Perhaps you are. I dislike superflous gay fellows personally.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....This conversation is superfluous

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
You make it seem like I act the way I do to look cool to my friends, and if thats what you think then you needta get a new deal, because thats not the way it is at all. I am the way I am for me, and no one else.

Why does every teenage have to be doing something to please someone else? I'll have you know I've never made life easier, or better, for anyone in my entire life. Keep that in mind.

Well then, I guess I would be a little more qualified to comment on this than I originally thought. Not only have I had 8 grandparents that have died(four grandparents, 4 great grandparents) but I've lost 2 of my good friends in the last 3 years:

Michale "Pup" Wilderman was killed at the beginning this year in a car accident, T boned by some jackass going 70 in a 25.

And the year before last year, in june, Gary "Goldman" Allen choked to death on his own vomit while laying in the backseat of his car.

And thats probably the reason I feel this way, becuase when they died I had nobody to lean on, no one to say "Oh, it'll be alright." I had to deal with it on my own. And after thinking about it, it didn't really matter anymore.

People live, people die, people are paralyzed by freak accidents and all that shit; it's really nothing special. It's not special because it was Steve Irwin, and it wasn't specal because it was two of my best friends.

There are only to people that matter to me enough so that I would be sad if they were to die: Glenn Danzig and my Father. It will happen, thats clear, but it wont be anything special.

I've yet to see this "compassion"; I've been kicked, punched, spit on, dragged through the dirt, and through it all I was alone.

Who was there for me when I was persecuted for not being a christian? No One.(and don't think it doesnt happen, because it does happen, and it happened to me)

Who was there when my friends were all dying? No one.

Who was there when I was being punished for speaking freely last year? No one.

Who has ever been there for me? No one, nothing but music.

I may only be 18 but I know more than most people will know before they're 40.

Edit: Also, dont take this in a hostile manner, that's not how I mean it, if that is how it seems to come off.

This sounds like someone who is trying to impress us with what a badass/cynic/nihilist/world-weary soul (take your pick) he is.

All I'm saying is that it's not something I can do, or give to anyone. At this point it would be almost impossible, besides, I don't want to.

Do us a favour - if you're that bitter and misanthropic, try to bottle it up inside and spare the rest of us your rage. There's enough of that in the world already without adding it to a generally fun board like this one.

Oh, and incidentally, I found the costume rather tasteless. But that's what Hallowe'en is about, after all.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not saying it's better to be a bastard, an "asshat" as Lintanny to intelligently put it, I'm sure its a great thing to have people giving you condolences, and apologies, and I'm sure the all healing power of a good family is great... I'm not saying its bad.

All I'm saying is that it's not something I can do, or give to anyone. At this point it would be almost impossible, besides, I don't want to.

I've done just fine all these years all on my own. I'm a jerk, I'm an "asshat", I'm a bastard, I'm a sadist, and the list could go on and on. Let me worry about me, and what I am, and you can keep what you think about me all bottled up in your neatly wrapped minds, because I've heard it all before, and I don't care to hear it again.

If you don't care to hear it, then leave, we don't care that your a bastard, sadist, and the list going on. Show some decent respect you asshole, fucking grow up. No one cares you were ridiculed for not being a christian, or speaking out in the all mighty high school...
I'll have you know I've never made life easier, or better, for anyone in my entire life.
Really we don't care, stop being difficult, and act like a normal human being... or maybe see a shrink.

You know nothing a 40 year old does; don't make yourself seem higher than you are, because 40 year olds don't act like 18 year olds with their nose out of joint. Your not caring about the world doesn't matter to us, if you think something out of the norm thats fine post it, but don't bring your life story into it.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not saying it's better to be a bastard, an "asshat" as Lintanny to intelligently

Instead of arguing like a sophist and trying to use rhetoric to your personal advantage, I suggest practicing Aristotilian ethical deliberation, and actually listen to what people are saying here..it may help you out in the future.

In addition, even though your ethos is going to most likely prevent you from becoming anything except a loner, I strongly suggest dropping the holier than thou attitude. It puts off the opposite sex, and others around you.

You've been here fot two months. In that time you have bitched, moaned and whined to the people here, and expected sympathy. Then you lash out at those attempting to help, typical behaviour of those on an internet message board. I'm probably wasting my time here, but change yourself and your outlook before it's too late.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
you may think elevates you above others your age - in fact makes you less valuable as I see you.

Actually, as I see it, I am a completely useless person. I will never do anything in my entire life to make anyone elses life better, I'll never give to the community, I'll never care for a child(or old person, or cripple)

Oh well.

And I think it's funny that this little cunt (Think Kink) says no one cares and, as I see it, this thread has been changed from Dead Steve Irwin(btw, that South Park was hilarious) to me. And, truly, if no one cared, would that have happened?

Perhaps Not.

Anyway, lets get this thread back on track: Bill Maher's Halloween Costume...

It's funny, at least, thats what I think.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I would think that any attempt to make someone's death more fun would be honored. I would certainly be honored if people dressed up as the dead me for Halloween.

I bet Steve would get a kick out of it too. He'd also feel honored that people are offended and others not.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....This conversation is superfluous

-as I suspect anything truly susbstantive is to an individual like you.

mephistopheles said:
And I think it's funny that this little cunt (Think Kink) says no one cares

In your effort to push people away from you meph I'd caution about whining about your lost loved ones. You expose too much in the narrative and it betrays your would-be stance of arrogant dissociation.:rolleyes:

Heather LouAnna said:
I would think that any attempt to make someone's death more fun would be honored. I would certainly be honored if people dressed up as the dead me for Halloween.

I bet Steve would get a kick out of it too. He'd also feel honored that people are offended and others not.

What is it that you miss about the impact on those who remain?

Did you watch Barbara Walters's interview with his widow? The woman was inconsolable. I'm sure she didn't feel honored by Maher's tasteless representation.

What Steve himself would or would not think of it makes no difference just now. He's not here to give his opinion - which of course makes it invalid to the intial thread premise.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
And I think it's funny that this little cunt (Think Kink) says no one cares and, as I see it, this thread has been changed from Dead Steve Irwin(btw, that South Park was hilarious) to me. And, truly, if no one cared, would that have happened?

Yay I'm a cunt!! Big words for a little boy... the only reason why it has changed is because people are disagreeing with your bullshit kiddo.. time to act your age..

Wait, I wanna be a mature 18 year old too...

If you don't feel the need to care for other people, and you want to be a useless person that is fine with us, no one really cares what you turn out to be, but please spare us the details...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even Bill maher himself in his the "New Rules" segment of his show tonight tried to push the focus of the thing away from him.

Do I think the guy gets it right often? Yes. Tonight with Alec Baldwin was especially good too.. But there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. When Sen. Kerry tempted fate by implying anything that could be construed to make him Public Enemy Number 1 to the Bushites I said to myself "Shut the Fuck Up John".

Foul is foul.

Maher's constume was intentionally unkind.

Kerry's was an error in timing and good judgment.

BOTH are equally responsible for their poor behavior no matter what spin each partisan puts to it.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I agree, he had a tragic death, and it was really immature(for a lack of a better word) for him to dress that way, I think it's an equivilant to a celeb mocking Princess Diana's death, which was equally tragic.

horny8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
-as I suspect anything truly susbstantive is to an individual like you.

Dude, calling someone superfluous (please note spelling for future substantive posts) does not demonstrate your intelligence. Remember you're only discussing bill maher's halloween costume, you're not actually talking about anything that important. Lighten up, Stronzo.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, calling someone superfluous does not demonstrate your intelligence. Remember you're only discussing bill maher's halloween costume, you're not actually talking about anything that important. Lighten up, Stronzo.

"dude"

It was your content (or lack thereof) to which I concluded as much.

'Lighten up' is always a refuge comment much like 'whatever' - they seek to deflect.

Often I make a concerted effort to detach myself from the less substantive in our ranks. That's how I read your post in my thread. To date I've seen nothing to contradict my initial dismissal of you or your content.

In layman's terms? Queens are tedious; 'oh he looked cute in his costume'..:rolleyes:

There's being 'light' and then there's just being downright vicious and shallow.

I know Maher's experimented with homosexuality. Perhaps he's decided to join the ranks completely. His snideness would easily suggest as much as he rolls his eyes and chooses his Halloween costumes without thought of anyone but his own aggrandizement.

horny8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"dude"

It was your content (or lack thereof) to which I concluded as much.

'Lighten up' is always a refuge comment much like 'whatever' - they seek to deflect.

Often I make a concerted effort to detach myself from the less substantive in our ranks. That's how I read your post in my thread. To date I've seen nothing to contradict my initial dismissal of you or your content.

In layman's terms? Queens are tedious; 'oh he looked cute in his costume'..:rolleyes:

There's being 'light' and then there's just being downright vicious and shallow.

I know Maher's experimented with homosexuality. Perhaps he's decided to join the ranks completely. His snideness would easily suggest as much as he rolls his eyes and chooses his Halloween costumes without thought of anyone but his own aggrandizement.

You have demonstrated your insipidness and homosexual self-loathing in this thread.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Steve was such an alive and happy guy, I'm sure he'd tell all you morose and morbid humorless people to cheer the fuck up and laugh. If I die in some stupid accident doing the thing I love I sure hope people aren't so uptight that they can't laugh about it. As for Maher's costume, I'm thinking he was probably spoofing the controversey raised by the South Park episode more than Erwin himself. and the South Park bit was funny. Anyway, I think it's a far greater disservice to Irwin's memory to be sullen about what happened than it is to poke fun at the circumstances surrounding his death. I can't think of anyone with more pep and raw good-natured energy than he had.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Steve was such an alive and happy guy, I'm sure he'd tell all you morose and morbid humorless people to cheer the fuck up and laugh. If I die in some stupid accident doing the thing I love I sure hope people aren't so uptight that they can't laugh about it. As for Maher's costume, I'm thinking he was probably spoofing the controversey raised by the South Park episode more than Erwin himself. and the South Park bit was funny. Anyway, I think it's a far greater disservice to Irwin's memory to be sullen about what happened than it is to poke fun at the circumstances surrounding his death. I can't think of anyone with more pep and raw good-natured energy than he had.

How can you manifest such blatant disrespect for the bereaved? The man's just left a grieving family.

I just don't get it.

Of course it's easily conceivable that Steve Irwin would think it clever and fine. Steve Irwin's not here to guffaw.

But (again) to imagine his widow or father seeing that image of that tasteless costume is the reason I think Bill Maher ought to have known better. Steve's opinion to it is irrelevant since he's no longer here to have an opinion.

Having been intimately struck by family tragedy NIC, I can tell you that had someone (were I in the public eye) sported a rendition of my dead brother with a noose around his neck and attempted to call it "just plain topical fun" it would have thrown me and my entire family into a downward spiral to which we need never have become subjected - only adding to the pain so fresh and new.

Somethings are simply "verbotten" or "not done" or is the sky the limit to you?

What, I ask, is "poor taste" to you then?

Bill Maher's attempt at humor wasn't glib. It wasn't clever. It wasn't funny. It was an insult to all decent people.

When people speak of "immorality" these days Maher's rendition of Irwin's untimely death comes immediately to mind.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How can you manifest such blatant disrespect for the bereaved? The man's just left a grieving family.

I just don't get it.

Of course it's easily conceivable that Steve Irwin would think it clever and fine. Steve Irwin's not here to guffaw.

But (again) to imagine his widow or father seeing that image of that tasteless costume is the reason I think Bill Maher ought to have known better. Steve's opinion to it is irrelevant since he's no longer here to have an opinion.

Having been intimately struck by family tragedy NIC, I can tell you that had someone (were I in the public eye) sported a rendition of my dead brother with a noose around his neck and attempted to call it "just plain topical fun" it would have thrown me and my entire family into a downward spiral to which we need never have become subjected - only adding to the pain so fresh and new.

Somethings are simply "verbotten" or "not done" or is the sky the limit to you?

What, I ask, is "poor taste" to you then?

Bill Maher's attempt at humor wasn't glib. It wasn't clever. It wasn't funny. It was an insult to all decent people.

When people speak of "immorality" these days Maher's rendition of Irwin's untimely death comes immediately to mind.

I can easily understand this point of view, and I do feel for Irwin's widow and children. I'm still not sure I agree. In general I am not offended by anything done in "poor taste." I have a very dark sense of humor, and I think it's important to be able to laugh about everything.

I find your remark that it was "an insult to all decent people," dangerous and, frankly, a little offensive. Because there's a difference in stating ideas that you actually mean and trying to make light of a situation. I'm not comfortable with anyone making a decision between and mandating what's funny and what's offensive. If there was someone in charge of this, then South Park would have been taken off the air 9 or 10 years ago.

I'm sorry for your brother, but it also sounds like the circumstances surrounding his death were somewhat different. Irwin was doing what he loved.