Bill O' Reilly vs. Younger & Taller Obama Aide

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by thirteenbyseven, Jan 6, 2008.

1. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

I hate to admit it but I enjoy occasionally watching Bill O' Reilly because, despite his impeccable Ivy League credentials, he comes off as a pompous blow-hard with a wink in his eye. It's like he knows he's playing a blow-hard and he wants us to know it's all just a Fox News act. But he also has an admittedly thin ego.

One thing I get a kick out of is that O' Reilly at 6' 4" just hates to stand or be near celebrities or everyday people taller than he. This pretty much eliminates most all of the NBA appearing on The O' Reilly Factor or most NFL lineman or other athletes that make the 58 year-old look small and decrepit. Which brings us to Marvin Nicholson, 6' 8" aide to Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Though accounts vary it appears that O' Reilly tried to push through a greeting line by telling all those near him who he was (and why they should care) and attempted to plant a Republican Fox News camera in a very optimal photographic position. To his amazement, the overwhelmingly Democrat crowd started protesting his presence and began calling out "felafel" much to O' Reilly's embarrassment. In seconds he was also eye-to-chin with Mr. Nicholson, an aide to Mr. Obama's campaign.

As things are ought to do in situations like that, accounts vary as to what exactly happened. Bill O' called in to Fox News Brian Wilson (at 6' 5" also taller than Bill) to report that he had single-handedly staved-off an attack by a left-wing fringe lunatic on News Corp/Fox News cameras and personnel. However, a photograph by the New York Times clearly shows O' Reilly making out like the late Ohio State coach Woody Hayes, his face contorted, and the much taller and stronger Nicholson smiling and looking bemused.

Watch out Bill; Woody Hayes met his demise trying to punch and strip a football out of the hands of a younger and stronger man who just intercepted a pass from his quarterback, Art Schlicter. When asked how it felt, the opposing player said he was unaware that Woody was punching him; the OSU coach was too old and small to pay attention to in the heat of battle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/us/politics/06bill.html

P.S. I am also taller than Bill O' Reilly.

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The man is a certifiable nut case. My IQ is taller than Bill O'Reilly.

I think he knows he has an image he needs to maintain, and the stories of the "loofah" and his stupidities don't convey an portrait of a educated man, let alone a refine personality.

3. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Good for O'Reilly! :smile: It's too bad that so many people are jealous of him. They're most likely jealous of all the money he makes. Do you have 2 Master's degrees? Have you written best selling books and sold millions of them? Do you have a radio and television show that millions of people listen to and watch? Do you have a syndicated newspaper column running in hundred of newspapers? Do you fight for the underdog?

4. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Road kill!

5. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jealous? No. I would wish he would discover that opinions are not facts and should not be given out as such.

He has written books, yes, but you can pick them at at flea markets for a dime. The people that buy them don't know how to read.

I would assume that his being in the public eye means something to him, otherwise he wouldn't be so defensive when he makes these errors of judgement.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Right Wing Noise Machine isn't above using physical force to get its way.

7. Make'nItLong

Make'nItLong New Member

Well put Italian978!

8. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

They're not.

I know how to read and I've read his books and many other more intelligent authors. And I've been to flea markets and have seen books written by geniuses selling for 25 cents.

When you're in the public eye you are fair game and it's unfortunate. Ask Britney Spears?

Yes, maybe the guy can sue him for assault and battery. :rolleyes: After all, O'Reilly is quite wealthy.

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Although we don't hear about it unless it involves one of the network heavyweights like O'Reilly, this kind of thing happens on a daily basis.

Otherwise there'd be no need for the likes of Mr. Nicholson in the entourage.

10. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh man, there are O'Reilly defenders here. What year is this? This is going to get good.

/popcorn

11. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Does O'Reilly (and other right wing blowhards) behave and converse like a cultured, educated man who possesses advanced degrees? Is he known for fostering rational discussion and civil discourse? Is he more interested in the objective context of important issues than cheap posturing and spinmeistering?

Or does he tend to behave like the editorial version of a pro wrestler?

12. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Absolutely right. Reporters in general are very aggressive about "getting the shot." I do a lot of publicity in the entertainment industry and have seen this sort of thing happen more times than I can count. Just last month at the Grammy nomination ceremony I had to get security to prevent a crowd of reporters from crushing Fergie. And that was on top of her own people, and it was in a "controlled" setting. That particular incident was one of the few times I lost my cool at an event because I felt like a star I was working with - and by extension me - was in a potentially harmful situation.

I can only imagine how much higher the stakes are when the target is a Senator and leading Presidential candidate.

Unfortunately I think I've just completely denigrated my common sense, intellect, morals and good taste by appearing to defend both Bill O'Reilly and Fergie in one post. So I'm off to find a razor blade. :frown1:

13. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

It's 2008 and Al Franken and OJ Simpson have defenders too. :biggrin1:

14. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    He is a complete ass clown. I don't care if you are rep or demo but if you truly believe "the spin stops here" in the "no spin zone" then you are def dumb and blind. Probably ignorant too. Probably don't like jewish people and black people. And I would guess republican as well.

15. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone, anyone who tries to tussle with or interfere with Obama's security is a very simple man indeed. He may have several advanced degrees, but such behavior shows how completely tone-deaf he is to common sense.

16. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't care much for the guy, I ignore him and watch Keith Olbermann instead.

17. cyberczar

cyberczar New Member

Anyone who thinks Bill O'Reilly positively impacts and affect the Country's discourse is showing their own ineptitude and ignorance.

Mr. O'Reilly, along with Sean Hannity, are nothing but puppets for the conservative right-winged fundamentalist war machine.

The problem with FOX watchers are that they are all lemmings who do everything they're told, and believe everything they're told.

They have no brains, and can't think for themselves.

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Anyone got nude pics of O'Reilly and Ann Coulter? LMAO!

19. JustAsking

Gold Member

I think the comparison between O'Reilly and Britney Spears is apt.

20. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes. They're both entertainers.

Draft saved Draft deleted