Bill O' Reilly vs. Younger & Taller Obama Aide

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
He is a complete ass clown. I don't care if you are rep or demo but if you truly believe "the spin stops here" in the "no spin zone" then you are def dumb and blind. Probably ignorant too. Probably don't like jewish people and black people. And I would guess republican as well.

One of the most basic tricks used by false populists is to give a policy or forum a feel-good name that sounds like something everyone can get behind (e.g. "No spin zone", "No child left behind", "Common sense revolution", etc). When anyone protests how things are actually done in the forum or what the actual effects of the policy are, the host/policy author can then accuse his or her critics of being pro-spin, child-haters with no common sense. :rolleyes:

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone who thinks Bill O'Reilly positively impacts and affect the Country's discourse is showing their own ineptitude and ignorance.

Mr. O'Reilly, along with Sean Hannity, are nothing but puppets for the conservative right-winged fundamentalist war machine.

The problem with FOX watchers are that they are all lemmings who do everything they're told, and believe everything they're told.

They have no brains, and can't think for themselves.

I could say the same for most blind followers of the left-biased mainstream media. And merely saying it is not so reveals your ignorance.

Frankly I find "liberals" (a term many many leftists obviously misuse due to your ignorant and hatefully charged speech towards all conservatives; a most illiberal mindset) to be just as lemming-like as rightists. Pathetic to attack an entire political persuation as "wrong."

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I figured "what the heck!" I can't say I'm surprised at the responses. They are not very fair and balanced now are they? And people have accused me of being judgmental. :confused:

:rocketwhore: :swordfight: :drive: :usa2:

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you.

You just proved my point. :)

I could say the same for most blind followers of the left-biased mainstream media. And merely saying it is not so reveals your ignorance.

Frankly I find "liberals" (a term many many leftists obviously misuse due to your ignorant and hatefully charged speech towards all conservatives; a most illiberal mindset) to be just as lemming-like as rightists. Pathetic to attack an entire political persuation as "wrong."

I'm sorry, but I wasn't attacking an entire political persuasion. I was attacking viewers of Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and FOX News.

FOX, after all, claims to be fair and balanced, and not a republican network, do they not?

In fact, I am a libertarian and have lent my support behind Ron Paul, who happens to be running on the Republican ticket.

But thank you, for proving that lemmings do exist and that they watch FOX, Sean, and Bill. Because -- and I listen to Sean and watch Bill sometimes -- their respective viewers/ listeners are programmed to challenge anyone who disagrees with them (and the establishment) with vitriol and false accusations.

B_InDepth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jealous? No. I would wish he would discover that opinions are not facts and should not be given out as such.

He has written books, yes, but you can pick them at at flea markets for a dime. The people that buy them don't know how to read.

I would assume that his being in the public eye means something to him, otherwise he wouldn't be so defensive when he makes these errors of judgement.

i bought them and i certainly know how to read... and u saying that he gives his opinions as facts is a submission of how dumb you must be... for one he is on a news TALK SHOW... and if you precieve everything you hear as facts you must not have a sense of reason or logic... and talk about giving opinions as facts, look at how the left is trying to brainwash our youth about the issues of global warming and healthcare...

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Because -- and I listen to Sean and watch Bill sometimes -- their respective viewers/ listeners are programmed to challenge anyone who disagrees with them (and the establishment) with vitriol and false accusations.

Sounds like a vast right wing conspiracy! And what do they do over on CNN?
I watch both channels, by the way.

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm more of a C-SPAN, Jim Lehrer News Hour kind of guy myself.

I sometimes watch CNN Headline News but between BBC World News Report, C-SPAN, and Jim Lehrer, and my papers, I tend to get all my news.

Sounds like a vast right wing conspiracy! And what do they do over on CNN?
I watch both channels, by the way.

I did stumble across this though that I find real interesting. It shows that viewers of Jon Stewart are more informed than those of BOR. Yes, almost 4 years old, but seeing as not much has changed with either shows (sans writer's strike) it's probable that it's still valid.

Would be interesting to see a more updated study.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I figured "what the heck!" I can't say I'm surprised at the responses. They are not very fair and balanced now are they? And people have accused me of being judgmental.

Right apologists portraying themselves as victims yet again.

tgw

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Opinions aside... Bill O'Reilly is a VERY bright man and an extremely accomplished journalist. I watch the O'Reilly Factor frequently, sometimes in agreement with him and sometimes not.

To me, Fox News Channel seems more right-wing biased than it really might be, solely based on what it is getting compared to (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) wich are SO obviously liberal they've stopped trying to cover it up.

One thing Bill O'Reilly is against are the far-left loons in this country, which any other fair-minded American should be too... and I'm no right-winged Republican either.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Opinions aside... Bill O'Reilly is a VERY bright man and an extremely accomplished journalist. I watch the O'Reilly Factor frequently, sometimes in agreement with him and sometimes not.

To me, Fox News Channel seems more right-wing biased than it really might be, solely based on what it is getting compared to (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) wich are SO obviously liberal they've stopped trying to cover it up.

One thing Bill O'Reilly is against are the far-left loons in this country, which any other fair-minded American should be too... and I'm no right-winged Republican either.

Whom would you describe as a "far-left loon" in American media?

B_InDepth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity represent everything that's wrong with our Country today.

ha hahah..!! you do know that smaking crack is bad for you right..??!!

i dont think o'reilly or hannity stand for gang wars, gov't scandles, the homless, child molesters, the sedation of our youth through prescribed medications, or steriods in professional sports... so are you saying these things arent wrong with america...?

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ha hahah..!! you do know that smaking crack is bad for you right..??!!

i dont think o'reilly or hannity stand for gang wars, gov't scandles, the homless, child molesters, the sedation of our youth through prescribed medications, or steriods in professional sports... so are you saying these things arent wrong with america...?

You do realize that your reply to me makes absolutely no sense, and has absolutely nothing to do with my statement, right?

O'Reilly & Hannity …(and to think, we all share some Irish blood, I am so ashamed)… :
- Are devisive
- Can't stand to faced with an opposing view
- Would rather change the topic rather than have a real debate
- Don't understand the definition of diplomacy
- Only associate with like-minded individuals, thereby not exposing themselves to alternate opinions or viewpoints (some of which *might* actually be right)
- Believe in control through fear and intimidation
- Prefer their listeners not be able to think for themselves so they can continue to feed them their own thoughts and ideas
- Have never admitted they were wrong about an issue or position

Sounds an awful lot like what's wrong with America today.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Hitler had millions of followers.

The Christian Right is hardly the under dog.

Good for O'Reilly! :smile: It's too bad that so many people are jealous of him. They're most likely jealous of all the money he makes. Do you have 2 Master's degrees? Have you written best selling books and sold millions of them? Do you have a radio and television show that millions of people listen to and watch? Do you have a syndicated newspaper column running in hundred of newspapers? Do you fight for the underdog?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good for O'Reilly! :smile: It's too bad that so many people are jealous of him. They're most likely jealous of all the money he makes. Do you have 2 Master's degrees? Have you written best selling books and sold millions of them? Do you have a radio and television show that millions of people listen to and watch? Do you have a syndicated newspaper column running in hundred of newspapers? Do you fight for the underdog?

My dislike of O'Reilly has nothing to do with his accomplishments and everything to do with his "entertainment" persona which is a lie.

Although we don't hear about it unless it involves one of the network heavyweights like O'Reilly, this kind of thing happens on a daily basis.

Otherwise there'd be no need for the likes of Mr. Nicholson in the entourage.

Very true Pecker. I remember having to handle some of the security detail for Bill and Hillary Clinton during the first run for the White House.

Does O'Reilly (and other right wing blowhards) behave and converse like a cultured, educated man who possesses advanced degrees? Is he known for fostering rational discussion and civil discourse? Is he more interested in the objective context of important issues than cheap posturing and spinmeistering?

Or does he tend to behave like the editorial version of a pro wrestler?

Hence the false persona I despise and why I have a problem with him.

Anyone, anyone who tries to tussle with or interfere with Obama's security is a very simple man indeed. He may have several advanced degrees, but such behavior shows how completely tone-deaf he is to common sense.

True, but how much of this is really fact and how much is fabricated.

Anyone got nude pics of O'Reilly and Ann Coulter? LMAO!

If I ruled the world, possesion of such would be punishable by death. Distributing it would be punishable by painfully slow death via repeated screenings of Desperately Seeking Susan.

I think the comparison between O'Reilly and Britney Spears is apt.

Very true. Two people unfortunately dictated to by their media egos.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I figured "what the heck!" I can't say I'm surprised at the responses. They are not very fair and balanced now are they? And people have accused me of being judgmental. :confused:

:rocketwhore: :swordfight: :drive: :usa2:

And that is my problem with him. He is nothing like Coulter and Limbaugh as evidenced by his interview with Mike Wallace for 60 Minutes. The man in that interview I presume was the real O'Reilly and I could deal with that guy, but the pushy blow hard I can't tolerate. Olberman and Coulter are who they are. Olberman is a very powerful editorialist, but not as terribly pushy and insulting to just about everybody as O'Reilly and Limbaugh. Coulter just hates everything.

I have little if any tolerance for those who feel the only way to make a point valid is to insult and belittle others because that in some cases is all you've got. Inviting people on to talk and then shouting them down so they cannot be heard is ridiculous and harkens back to the days of Morten Downey's talk show days.

I will say this for O'Reilly, at least he does try to maintain a very open relationship with some very controversial yet leading voices in the civil rights community and give them a voice without shouting them down. Although I doubt he could shout Al Sharpton down. Limbaugh and Coulter would never do that, their egos won't allow them to accept anyone unless they get caught and then they are all apologies...

For 5 minutes at least.