Bill O'Reilly: Douchebag Extraordinaire

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Could this guy get any more biased? Every morning this week, I've woken up to find him replaying the ranting priest video snippet, followed by talk of connections between Obama and the visiting priest as well as how McCain can use Obama's disbanding from the church against him. Okay, we get it, he made a typical political move. But other things have happened since then, move the fuck forward. And let's not forget that McCain has been disassociating himself with potentially harmful groups and schools of thought by dismissing a number of his campaign staff members. But I digress...

This morning, he had an analyst, for lack of better terms, showing his prediction for the contest between McCain and Obama. This was actually just a map of the United States colored blue and red, with Alaska and Hawaii excluded. I guess they don't get to vote now, because they live so far away that they're practically foreigners. He essentially had Obama only winning the strongly Democratic states, and McCain took the Republican states as well as those that could go either way (I think "swing states" is the term, right?). It was only shown briefly, but for how few states Obama had compared to his winning prediction by top analysts, it was pretty obvious that it was just what the guy wanted to believe would happen.

Seriously though, the video.. Yes, we get it. This guy is crazy. He spoke at Obama's church. It's some schmucky white guy assuming ignorance and racial bitterness within a black community and using that to rally support and get people to listen. Sadly it worked. But let's remember two things:
1. This man does not represent Obama or his school of thought.
2. (Listen closely) This. Is. Not. News. Any. Longer.
Showing the same snippet of the same video every day, it's obvious whose side you're on.

I swear to god, it's like this guy listens to every word of McCain's speeches and takes his claims about Obama (and himself) as facts. Then to get Obama's speeches, just goes on johnmccain.com and reads what people on the discussion boards think about what he's had to say. Shit, I don't think he even realizes that McCain's current strategy versus Obama is to take his appeal and try to do it better.

dpa789kd

Experimental Member
Media
I didn't like Bill either. I went from liking him when I first heard him, to not being able to stand him for several years. He seems so cocky, and yes he's not always "fair and balanced". I gave up on him until I found one of his books at a flea market for $2. I thought I'd give it a read, and after reading it, and his last one, I'll never doubt the guy again. He is arrogant, but I really believe he does what he does to help people understand the truth.

I'm not a McCain fan really, but I'm going to listen hard to what O Reiley has to say about them all. He's done much more research than I ever could, and I honestly think he is looking out for us. I'm not sure any of the candidates will accomplish much. They've all got their hidden agendas anymore and too many people lining their pockets. They need to grow up, cross party lines, and do what needs to be done for the country, not for them or their backers.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I'm not so much saying that he's wrong with what he's saying about what McCain has said. It's just he takes his information about McCain from McCain. His information about Obama comes from bloggers and viral videos. He's right with what he reports, but he's extremely biased and too arrogantly opinionated to fly solo and honestly call himself a news reporter. He reminds me of a cross between Don Imus and Mancow, to be honest. If there were a comparably opinionated and educated Democrat on the show alongside him though, it'd be worth watching.
When I watch the news, I want facts. Not just one person's side of the story and definitely not opinions.

gr8swami

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
O'Reilly does news ANALYSIS. He doesn't have to be fair and balanced per se. He's paid to voice his OPINIONS. Whether you agree with him or not, he is attempting to play the part of the watchdog media which is a LOT more than I can say about 99% of the rest of the journalists on TV.

My problem with Rev. Wright, Pfleger, etc. is not so much what they said but rather how Obama handled the whole thing. He looked every single one of us in the eye and said he had never heard such things while attending Trinity United for 20 years. If that's the case, he's either:
A. a liar
B. a moron

I don't think he's a moron.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Could this guy get any more biased?

I swear to god, it's like this guy listens to every word of McCain's speeches and takes his claims about Obama (and himself) as facts. Then to get Obama's speeches, just goes on johnmccain.com and reads what people on the discussion boards think about what he's had to say.

Not entirely unlike reading the deranged bleatings of some of the more vociferous Clinton supporters here on LPSG and other forums, is it?

The underlying mentality seems to be that if they repeat their fürher's distortions of reality loud enough and often enough, it will somehow transubstantiate into truth.

At one time, I might have likened them to sheep...but given the pervasive threats of defection and sabotage, this smacks more of lemming behavior.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
O' Reilly is a talking head just like they have talking heads on cnn or msnbc with different opinions. Do some research on your own and make your own mind up about the candidates.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
O' Reilly is a talking head just like they have talking heads on cnn or msnbc with different opinions. Do some research on your own and make your own mind up about the candidates.

Good advice Mr. I don't read most the polical threads here. It just turns into arguements and LONG post by the same 3-4 people

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good advice Mr. I don't read most the polical threads here. It just turns into arguements and LONG post by the same 3-4 people

Conservatives, we know that you hate Obama and Hillary. It is colorful the way you write theses, exegeses, and Jerry Springer's Final Thoughts on the Democratic party AKA the 'liberals'. :rolleyes:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Conservatives, we know that you hate Obama and Hillary. It is colorful the way you write theses, exegeses, and Jerry Springer's Final Thoughts on the Democratic party AKA the 'liberals'. :rolleyes:
I dont hate either one of them. I do hate Jerry Springer. I would love to go upside his head. Him and that prune pussy Judge Judy get on my nerves

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I dont hate either one of them. I do hate Jerry Springer. I would love to go upside his head. Him and that prune pussy Judge Judy get on my nerves

I watch Jerry Springer for the hilarity. I mean, it is not every day you see a guy coming on live TV to say that he has a relationship with a fucking horse. That is some funny shit.

And what is more funny, Jerry Springer will give his final thoughts and wish the guy and his horse the best luck in their future. :lmao:

Judge Judy Scheilen loves the power of the gavel, doesn't she?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I watch Jerry Springer for the hilarity. I mean, it is not every day you see a guy coming on live TV to say that he has a relationship with a fucking horse. That is some funny shit.

And what is more funny, Jerry Springer will give his final thoughts and wish the guy and his horse the best luck in their future. :lmao:

Judge Judy Scheilen loves the power of the gavel, doesn't she?
Its all that screaming and bleeping that gets on my nerves. It is funny. All that bleeping sounds like a cell phone having a heart attack.:biggrin1: