Bill OReilly

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I remember watching Jon Stewart interview Bill O'Reilly shortly before the election. I also recall him praising O'Reilly's independence, saying something to the effect of "you know, I now see that you really haven't made up your mind on who you're voting for." Stewart didn't "attack" O'Reilly simply for being O'Reilly (like left wing nutjobs expect you to do whenever his name is brought up), which I thought was refreshing.

I listened to O'Reilly all throughout the 2004 election coverage, including his radio show and he was indeed very fair and even-handed and one of the few pundits who handled the swiftboat veterans fiasco in an honest and non-sensationalist way. He actually had some great coverage during the election period. Not sure why people won't admit to that, but I guess it's always easier to look at the messenger instead of the message.

:thumbsup: Bill O'Reilly.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
O'Reilly gets to be a little too much occasionally, sort of like a sugary dessert that gets quickly cloying.

His bulldog tenacity is relentless, though, and I love it when he gets his hackles up over a politician's pecadillos.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Pecker
O'Reilly gets to be a little too much occasionally, sort of like a sugary dessert that gets quickly cloying.

His bulldog tenacity is relentless, though, and I love it when he gets his hackles up over a politician's pecadillos.
He says a lot of stupid shit, I catch and scoff at it all the time. But yeah. My point, which you seem to agree with, is that he has good, fair coverage despite whatever preference he has, perceived or not.

Remember his show a couple weeks ago on the Abu Ghraib pictures being ruled okay to release into the media? O'Reilly was absolutely HEATED about the ruling. He had a couple of military commentators weigh in on the ruling. Then next segment what did he have, an NY Civil Liberties attorney to defend the ruling. That's fair. He even prefaced his intent on his Radio Show hours before his television show aired more or less saying: "I'm going to try to find someone who agrees with this ruling. It may be hard, but I want to see why someone would agree with this ruling." Haha.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by TexAssgirl
I have a hard time thinking of him the same since those "sex tapes" and watching that parody about him
The O'Reilly "appearances" on Conan O'Brien were pretty goddamn funny. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I don't attack O'Reilly for being O'Reilly. I attack him for being a whiny, blubbering vagina.

Car_Ramrod

Just Browsing
Media
I mostly don't like him, but every once in a while, I'm surprised and impressed by something he does. There was a time that O'Reilly never questioned or criticized Bush's actions, but he has criticized him lately. Also, Billy has done SOME good with his power over the years, such as encouraging celebrities who raised money for 911 to actually play a role in making sure the money gets where it needs to go.

However, he's done some terribly unprofessional and reprehensible things on his show. I'll never forgive him for his treatment of Jeremy Glick and his attempted drown-out of Donahue.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 14 2005, 05:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 14 2005, 05:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl
I have a hard time thinking of him the same since those "sex tapes" and watching that parody about him
The O&#39;Reilly "appearances" on Conan O&#39;Brien were pretty goddamn funny. Not sure if that&#39;s what you&#39;re referring to.
[post=351815]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I think I remember the term "loofa" being misused. Is that the one. I&#39;ll have to find the video again and repost....

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don&#39;t attack O&#39;Reilly for being O&#39;Reilly. I attack him for being a whiny, blubbering vagina.
[/b]

Big blubbering vagina.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly

<!--QuoteBegin-Car_Ramrod

There was a time that O&#39;Reilly never questioned or criticized Bush&#39;s actions, but he has criticized him lately.[/quote]
Yeah, he frequently comes out vociferously against G-Dub.

1. He screams that Bush is negligent on the border issue.
2. He says Bush is asleep at the wheel on the Gas issue.
3. Thinks Bush should fire Rumsfeld.
4. Says Bush is horrible at articulating his policies.
5. Says his whole administration/legacy is crumbling and perhaps may be remembered as one of the worst.

That&#39;s just off the top of the head. Sean Hannity he is not.

his attempted drown-out of Donahue.
He played himself getting all righteously indignant talking about "My nephew JUST ENLISTED&#33;" I don&#39;t know what that had to do with anything. Even answering about your nephew to that tired and inane question of "would you send your kids over" validates it, but in an absurd and self-serving manner. You could tell O&#39;Reilly was happy to finally have a family member over there fighting and he sees that as a defense or a retort, when I don&#39;t even think a defense is needed.

On the other hand, in terms of show, saying: "my nephew just enlisted" comes off a lot better with most people than "Donahue you dolt, it&#39;s a volunteer army I couldn&#39;t sign my kid up even if I wanted to." Even though the latter is a more sound retort.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 15 2005, 11:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 15 2005, 11:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb
I don&#39;t attack O&#39;Reilly for being O&#39;Reilly. I attack him for being a whiny, blubbering vagina.
Big blubbering vagina.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly
[/b][/quote]
That was hysterical. Worth the visit to the site for the "Bill O&#39;Reilly Bingo" alone.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 16 2005, 02:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 16 2005, 02:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl
I think I remember the term "loofa" being misused.  Is that the one.  I&#39;ll have to find the video again and repost....
Please do. I must&#39;ve missed that one.
[post=352207]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Here ya go: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2654742

I watched it again. He actually said "falafel" instead of loofa at the end.

Car_Ramrod

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Oct 16 2005, 01:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Oct 16 2005, 01:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-Car_Ramrod

There was a time that O&#39;Reilly never questioned or criticized Bush&#39;s actions, but he has criticized him lately.
Yeah, he frequently comes out vociferously against G-Dub.

1. He screams that Bush is negligent on the border issue.
2. He says Bush is asleep at the wheel on the Gas issue.
3. Thinks Bush should fire Rumsfeld.
4. Says Bush is horrible at articulating his policies.
5. Says his whole administration/legacy is crumbling and perhaps may be remembered as one of the worst.

That&#39;s just off the top of the head. Sean Hannity he is not.

[post=352206]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Sean Hannity is always all over the presidents nuts. He is the ultimate yes-man pundit of the Republican party. He&#39;s brilliant in a Hitler sort of way: he keeps his audience comfortable in their spin-induced blindness.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
O&#39;Reilly snapped on Stewart on The Daily Show tonight. It wasn&#39;t HEATED like with Donahue, but it wasn&#39;t friendly like last time. O&#39;Reilly showed up with plenty of animosity.

Haha did anybody see this?&#33;

fredlet

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Oct 19 2005, 12:21 AM
O&#39;Reilly snapped on Stewart on The Daily Show tonight. It wasn&#39;t HEATED like with Donahue, but it wasn&#39;t friendly like last time. O&#39;Reilly showed up with plenty of animosity.

Haha did anybody see this?&#33;
[post=353098]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately, no..I have a job and limited time.

Seems to me O&#39;Reilly would look better in a browner tone, singing the Horst Wessel song.